Yeah, I bought this. SUCK IT.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300582253285

a 1:18th scale MILITARY VESPA! With a 75mm recoil-less rifle..

Don't be too jealous :D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The Vespa 150 TAP is an Italian Vespa scooter modified to transport a M20 75 mm recoilless rifle, which was used in the 1950s by the French Airborne Forces (Troupes aéroportées, or TAP). It was produced by Ateliers de Construction de Motocycles et Automobiles (ACMA), a licensed assembler of Vespas in France, in 1956 and 1959.
Its mounted M20, a U.S.-made light anti-armour cannon, was very light when compared to a standard 75mm cannon but was still able to penetrate 100 mm of armour by so-called HEAT warhead. The recoil is counteracted by venting propellant gases out the rear of the weapon which eliminated the need for a mechanical recoil system or heavy mounts, enabling the weapon to be fired from the Vespa frame.
The scooters would be parachute-dropped in pairs, accompanied by a two-man team. The gun was carried on one scooter, while the ammunition was loaded on the other. Due to the lack of any kind of aiming devices the recoilless rifle was never designed to be fired from the scooter, the gun was mounted on a tripod which was also carried by the scooter, before being fired.
The "Bazooka Vespa" was relatively cheap: Vespas cost roughly $500 at the time, and the M20s were plentiful. Roughly 800 of these scooters were deployed in the Algerian War.

Hahaha

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
NSA, you totally suck! I didn't know the Euros were mixing scooters, recoilless rifles and HEAT rounds together!

Where did you get this!? PM me or something!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pffft, if they'd show up again on shelves here I'd buy the cocksucker, too. Been looking for one a while.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Should. I originally recall them not having a base.

I think over in Europe they plug into the base, as all my Harleys have a provision for it on the bottom of the engine.

Most of the time here they don't come with the base at all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damn, NSA, you've been on this site how long and didn't know that was out there?

It should be slung under a 21st Huey. ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A bit small for the male figures, but the females work good on them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They also have the faggotty "shoot me!" color scheme, too.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
LOL...

So, I finally figured out what movie your avatar is from Ewokhunter92. Saw it in a preview for the 40th Anniversary edition, iirc. Of course, I can't remember the name of it now...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
LOL...

So, I finally figured out what movie your avatar is from Ewokhunter92. Saw it in a preview for the 40th Anniversary edition, iirc. Of course, I can't remember the name of it now...

A Clockwork Orange

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Only one of my favorite movies ever.

One year, I worked at a haunted house (mall) (I actually built 95% of it myself, LOOOONG story) anyways, I made the costume from this movie. when the haunted house opened, I would walk around outside and would have so many people want to pose for pics with me cause my costume was so dead on.

I had movie geeks tell me and ask me how in the hell did I get it so perfect.

I still have most of it, but some of it has fake blood from several of the scenes when we did improv.

I loved that haunted house, but damn if that thing was so tainted with corruption.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did you do his mask, too?

I tried to read the book, but i just couldn't muddle through the slang.

I may still have my copy around here, somewhere.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
no, didn't get around to that. I WAS going to re-do it and wear it to Dragon con the following year with my friends but there was too much damage to the harder to obtain parts. (this was before easy internet usage) I could probably obtain everything easier now.

Of course, the costume has been done to death.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I read it while I was in Iraq. I thought it was pretty good- the movie was more disturbing simply because you're watching "a bit of the ultraviolence" rather than reading it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think i have an old DVD copy of it.

I sure could use one of those Korova Milk Bar tables.