The theme for the April Banner Contest is Hand to Hand Combat!
Here is a quote from Banner Contest runner Major Blood:
“April’s theme will be hand to hand combat. It can have the use of edged weapons and guns, but guns can’t be used for firing. Pistol whipping and hitting with the stock are acceptable. Even blocking a weapon with the gun.
This does not have to be limited to military themes. Sci Fi themes have a chance to compete also. That is, if anyone can pose them with those T crotches.
Oh yea, this one is all natural. That should make it a little tougher.
Good luck! “
The Monthly Banner Contest has been one of the most successful and favorite features here on the Fighting 1:18th. The contest has been going on for over a year now and started on our original site before the infamous crash of 2011. For those that are new to the contest, it’s very simple. A forum member can submit a dio picture entry into the contest. Towards the end of the month we place all the photos together and let the forum members vote for their favorite via poll. The winner gets the prestige and honor of having their picture on top of the site representing the Fighting 1:18th. Occasionally we add additional prizes.
The March Banner Contest was won by Officer Club Member Fled74. After losing the previous month’s contest by only a single vote. Fled74 came back with a vengeance and won with a whopping 43% of the votes. This isn’t his first victory and it won’t be his last. We had a tie for second place by our Lead Administrator NSA and Creative Diorama Maker danielgogeta. You can view their entries below.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.
2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.
3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.
4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.
5. If there are more than 10 USER’s submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary “run off” to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.
6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.
7. To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title “USER’s banner entry for the month of xxxx”. Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.
We are fast approaching a new month and look forward to your entries! Thanks for contributing and making our site even more interactive!