The theme for the September Banner Contest is Covert Operations
Here is a quote from Banner Contest runner Major Blood:
Ok, theme will be Covert operations with setting up explosives/blowing stuff up. This will allow individuals without the photoshop technique to at least give a try at it.
The Monthly Banner Contest has been one of the most successful and favorite features here on the Fighting 1:18th. The contest started on our original site before the infamous crash of 2011. For those that are new to the contest, it’s very simple. A forum member can submit a dio picture entry into the contest. Towards the end of the month we place all the photos together and let the forum members vote for their favorite via poll. The winner gets the prestige and honor of having their picture on top of the site representing the Fighting 1:18th. Occasionally we add additional prizes.
The August Banner Contest featured 7 entries and got a total of 53 votes, one of our highest turnouts in voting. The winner of the All Natural theme was RED who is a true inspiration on the forum and is famous for his amazing detailed Dioramas. RED took 24% of the overall vote narrowly defeating frequent Banner Contest Winner Fled74. RED’s Tattoo Parlor Diorama which was used in his winning Banner was recently featured on our Front Page and has a very informative Q and A that you can read Here. Officer Member Fled74 was trying to achieve his 3rd straight victory however he came in 2nd place with 22% of the vote and losing by only a single vote. MMorelock66 came in 3rd place receiving 19% of the total vote and The Willoughbian came in 4th place with 13% of the vote. You can view the 2nd-4th place entires at the bottom of this page.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.
2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.
3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.
4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.
5. If there are more than 10 USER’s submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary “run off” to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.
6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.
7. To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title “USER’s banner entry for the month of xxxx”. Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.
We are fast approaching a new month and look forward to your entries! Thanks for contributing and making our site even more interactive!