Rex's WIPs

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Their accents didn't help either...what in the heck was that anyway?

In the cartoon? Hell if I know. Destro was supposed to be Scottish and he sounded like a black pimp. Granted, I still hear the black voice actor's voice when I'm reading the comics instead of a proper Scot accent, but that's just me.

They were supposed to be "Corsican", which I'm not much familiar with. But from mild reading, it sounds like a mix of French and Italian. The voice actors probably just tried to make a snooty douchebag accent that sounded European, more than likely.

(The "Corsican" twins thing is a literary reference to twins who felt each other's pain.)

I'd like to jump in here, the twins were weird, there is a little accent but its not what it should be. The absolute worst was Storm Shadow, I can do a better Japanese accent. Destro was mentioned but in my old age I no longer hear the black pimp voice. He probably sounds more like Chibs from SOA. Thats who I'd hire to vioce him. The only vioce that has stuck with me all these years is Chris Latta. I hate the guy who has been voicing CC these last few yrs. He sounds like a grumpy old man to me. Just to be clear, I don't like the personality of Sunbow CC (whiney bitch) but that voice is burned into my brain.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Those heads are cool, I'd like to see a profile shot of them though (please) To me the thing about the original heads is the noses, they are fucking terrible. You did a good job painting them.

I'm not at home to take pics, but the bare heads are on DarkWynter's site...

It shows the head from multiple angles, no direct profile though. I'll eventually get around to posting a thread with the twins in it with proper photos and I'll do a side shot.

http://shop.theangelforge.com/Male-Head-0534-MH00534.htm

http://shop.theangelforge.com/Male-Head-0535-MH00535.htm

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
A little blush and lipstick and they would totally be ARAH accurate. :rainbow:

Is that water colors being used on that? ;)

The boar could use a dull coat though. It's a bit shiny for a pig. Pretty good on the colors. Maybe a lil' mud on it's hooves.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Their lips are actually a light pink, it doesn't show up in the phone pics. ;)

Those are highlights on the boar, not sheen. It was already dull-coated! Fuckin' paint-by-numbers water-color paints.

I actually did 2 more dirty washes on top of it after I took that pic to help blend the colors better, because the highlight dots showed up super white in the pics, for some reason. I'll post final pics with Gnawgahyde after my few tweaks to him. It does look like it's sheen, though.

I added a belt to Gnaw, but he still needs his bow and arrow and backpack/quiver.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
In the cartoon? Hell if I know. Destro was supposed to be Scottish and he sounded like a black pimp. Granted, I still hear the black voice actor's voice when I'm reading the comics instead of a proper Scot accent, but that's just me.

They were supposed to be "Corsican", which I'm not much familiar with. But from mild reading, it sounds like a mix of French and Italian. The voice actors probably just tried to make a snooty douchebag accent that sounded European, more than likely.

(The "Corsican" twins thing is a literary reference to twins who felt each other's pain.)

Nice work on the twins, even though I couldn't stand them in the cartoon.

For that matter, I hated the fake accents the Dreadnoks used.