Oktober Guard!?!

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Not worth the money when you can get or make better customs yourself plus from what I've heard the Club will sometimes screw someone over. They missed with Brekov and Stormavik. No brown or black on the brim on the brim on Brekov's hat plus no cigar. Stomarvik's pads go on his knees and shins not shoulders. I'm speaking for myself only. I am personally not going to pay that amount of money for what I feel is a poorly designed product. However, if people really want this set; then go for it and good luck!!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I wonder if it would cost about the same to find the figures they use and make them? Would not look as clean paint wise but might actually be less money!

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Not worth the money when you can get or make better customs yourself plus from what I've heard the Club will sometimes screw someone over. They missed with Brekov and Stormavik. No brown or black on the brim on the brim on Brekov's hat plus no cigar. Stomarvik's pads go on his knees and shins not shoulders. I'm speaking for myself only. I am personally not going to pay that amount of money for what I feel is a poorly designed product. However, if people really want this set; then go for it and good luck!!

but one thing you have to put in persepective is that they have to use pre existing parts handed to em from hasbro. they don't have the money or the ability to sculpt new body parts, it's actually really awesome that they had heads done.

so, even for the price you would have to pay, you have to accept what they have to work with if you really want em.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if it would cost about the same to find the figures they use and make them? Would not look as clean paint wise but might actually be less money!

A half-way competent customizer could do a better (and more real-world accurate) paint job than Hasbro or the CC.

Cloud and if I may say so myself, for example.

I'm pretty sure they've been used elsewhere, but if you have to buy a Shadow Tracker to get the legs to do Stormovik you're not gonna be doing a cheap copy.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Very true Unclassified!! It really wasnt the heads or body parts but the details that bothered me not want to get them. I can understand if they can't put a cigar in Brekov's mouth. However, the stuff the Club did in the details with Brekov and Stormavik that I mentioned previously just made me want to personally pass on them.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
yeah, i can't buy any club stuff, shit's to much for me. i just have to wait and see if hasbro releases classic type vehicles here and there like they have been since the 25th ended, and figures like life line and air tight. i'm not thoroughly thrilled with the 7 packs we recieved from hasbro. the details were missing on those figures, and i feel we have more of a gripe to be upset because it's hasbro and they have the money and resources to make a total modern version of the classic character and do it right.

that's how i feel about gi joe. i want the damn classics and i want em from hasbro at retail and in a great abundance.

damn them..

the club actually sucks and is worthless. i just been joining for the figure, or i wouldn't even bother.

i am very pleased with the footloose though. they did a really great job on it. the dial tone, not so much and it really pisses me off because a better torso could've been used.

i just want hasbro to make this shit, that is all.

damn them..

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
and like kt i want or think it makes sense and would be the shit for customs, but all hasbro 3 3/4 lines should all be built like gi joes. it is just the perfect articulated figure accross the market. in my opinion that is, and obviously kt's as well, and i believe eddie too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't think anyone could objectively say there's a superiorly articulated 1:18 line.

I suppose that technically the Microman buck is better articulated, but that comes at a cost of everything else.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
I don't think anyone could objectively say there's a superiorly articulated 1:18 line.

I suppose that technically the Microman buck is better articulated, but that comes at a cost of everything else.

i don't know what that is, but do they look as good as joes? marvel is better articulated than joe, but it don't give em any advantage, it actually deters from it i think.

joes are the best..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
As long as they aren't using a Joe hip in the MU line they will be by definition inferior.

Microman by necessity are thin and generally without sculptural detail on anything but the heads. They trade those for the ability to move very much like a real human body.

I will say this for the MU figures, and that is I would REALLY like to see that neck joint on Joe figures, as it would make prone sniper poses possible.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
True, that could use some improvement. Perhaps replace the half-ball with a full one.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
As long as they aren't using a Joe hip in the MU line they will be by definition inferior.

Microman by necessity are thin and generally without sculptural detail on anything but the heads. They trade those for the ability to move very much like a real human body.

I will say this for the MU figures, and that is I would REALLY like to see that neck joint on Joe figures, as it would make prone sniper poses possible.

The best articulated part of the MU line is that bicept joint...not only is it functional, but it looks better than without it...

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Is Gorky an original member? I was fully expecting that purple dude, although a less weird one is fine by me. Horrorshow they'll definitely hold till last (of the OG anyways).

He is not.

I never understood how Dragonsky (the purple dude) was considered one, since he wasn't in their first appearance, but he's commonly listed as one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011