Oktober Guard!?!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I knew I should have had a good reason to be happy when Kwinn died. That fucking UPS wannabe was working for the Commies!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
He worked for the Russians, that was it. Don't think it had to do with the actual OG though. I guess that jungle deco wouldn't make sense, but they could always use the head on the arctic SE torso, I guess...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I never knew Kwinn delivered the plans for the Terrordrome. I thought that little tidbit was cool. What would be cool would be an exclusive comic pack with him and Dr Venom that includes the comic where Venom shoots him in the back than kwinn drops grenade killing venom.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I never knew Kwinn delivered the plans for the Terrordrome. I thought that little tidbit was cool. What would be cool would be an exclusive comic pack with him and Dr Venom that includes the comic where Venom shoots him in the back in the jungle.

I would buy that!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That tears it. I got to go to Joe Con.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
is this one of them $300 sets? yeah, i won't be getting these. i wonder how they will look though. i really wouldnt mind a og set, would be sweet. and what's the story behind them? are they good or bad, i remember them fighting with the joes in the cartoon.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're the Soviet equivalent of the Joe team.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
is this one of them $300 sets? yeah, i won't be getting these. i wonder how they will look though. i really wouldnt mind a og set, would be sweet. and what's the story behind them? are they good or bad, i remember them fighting with the joes in the cartoon.

they're going to be $300 dollars?! fuck that!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, it's like 15 figures and they're a limited run, so I can kind of see that cost. Sort of.

Except what the Club does is require you to buy tickets to JoeCon, regardless of whether you make it, to get the fucking boxed set. Then you can buy a second bagged set for $180 or something, which is much more feasible.

I see why they do it, in forcing people to attend the convention, but I think it's lame that the non-attending members have to pay for a ticket anyways.

I feel like attending members should get a boxed set with some bonus item, and non-attendees should be able to at least get the bagged set at less than the $300+ ticket price.

I also have strong opinions on what the Club should do with the rest of their Club as well, but that's a discussion for another day.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

added the first figure pic to the first post

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Gah! They're so expensive! I hope I can find someone with a Membership that will let me give them the money to buy me a set at a member price.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I know several of us have memberships, so I doubt that'll be a problem.

I have a membership too. I just don't want to buy the $320+ box set...

also, can u just buy the box set and a bagged set and have them mailed to you? or do you have to attend the con to pick them up?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
From what I understand, you have to register as if you're attending the con, but there's a "non-attendee" option.

And yeah, you've got to buy one of the boxed sets before you can buy a bagged set. I might buy both and offer one up here at the average cost between the two.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm glad some were willing to give the Club another chance and renew their membership, or in some cases, join for the first time. If I'm ever able to get this set, it will have to be from a friend as I won't ever be able to afford ebay prices. There's no telling what these guys will end up going for on there.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'll almost assuredly buy a set. This is one of the few things they could have done to get me back after credit-gate (but I renewed my membership back in Dec before all the shit went down). The only real question is do I spend the extra for the bagged set too.

I mostly wish they'd forego the giant padded box and card the damn things.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
From what I understand, you have to register as if you're attending the con, but there's a "non-attendee" option.

And yeah, you've got to buy one of the boxed sets before you can buy a bagged set. I might buy both and offer one up here at the average cost between the two.

I would be down for that!

Keep me in mind