Oktober Guard!?!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Not surprising.

Has anyone noticed on the FSS page that it says for the "2011/2012" collector year?

Halfway into 2012, there, champs. Don't think 2011 was even an option.

I hope one of those douche bags are at SDCC again. It will be fun to grill them about what fuck ups they are and watch how uncomfortable it makes them.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I actually like that A LOT!!!...the green and brown look really good together...

If they take a big brown horror show dump, I'll be ticked!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone wants to get rid of Sturmovik's Stoner 63 I'm your man.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why does it seem like Brekovs green harness is so much brighter than the others?...I hope they tone his down to match the rest...or I hope it's just the pics playing tricks...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Are those Viper arms? Or Snowbaby Destro? I can't tell. Some of the weirder POC designs were ROC-ish.

Horrorshow is the one I'm hoping gets the most love. He definitely needs new webgear to cover his entire chest, plus a new head. The rest should require a new head and reused/combined existing webgear. It's still a great set so far, this is the only one whose parts I kinda feel "meh" about.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Upper arms are definitely Snowbunny Destro. Obviously using the Shadow Tracker legs.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

The pads are a bit weird, especially on a figure that makes you think of the 80s, but I certainly dont think it looks bad at all...Not having any one set figure or pic to compare, I can accept the twists...

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
It's a Stoner 63… dunno if it came with any Joes, but I know it came with the 21st SEAL Mutt jeep thingy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That one first came with one of the VvV Dukes, then with the DTC Snow Serpent.

I need one, yo!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know I hadn't seen it with any 25th-forward Joes, and didn't recall it coming with a previous figure. It looks badass!

I think it's fairly close to correct scale, too. I want to say the 21st one was on the small side.

I also want to say that Reactive Armor Ripcord comes with an LMG configuration with the top-down magazine.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
The weapon might be from one of the Venom Vs Valor 2-pack sets. I seem to recall something similar in a light grey.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The weapon might be from one of the Venom Vs Valor 2-pack sets. I seem to recall something similar in a light grey.

Duke/Overkill.

Someone actually sent me that pack years ago but they had kept the gun. Saddens me, now.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Stormavik seems pretty close to this design:

Although I'm least familiar with the guy in the weird suit. Dragonsky? For some reason, I don't remember him.

I'm assuming we at least get Horrorshow, any speculation on the other members? You think we'll get 6 or 7 of the OG? Dragonsky? Plus maybe one more? I'd personally like to see Big Bear, too. But that's just wild speculation and hoping on my part.

Last year they came with 9 Cobras, 6 Joes for a total of 15. I'm expecting at least a few troop-builders on the opposing team, whether it's Joe or Cobra (likely Cobra?).

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
We will get just 6 of the OG based on the con site. maybe a few more will trickle in the 2 packs and vehicles etc.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
We will get just 6 of the OG based on the con site. maybe a few more will trickle in the 2 packs and vehicles etc.

Ah. Not doubting you, but where on the site? I'm curious to read more about it, as I haven't been to their site lately.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, found it. I went there earlier today on my phone and didn't see it.

http://www.gijoecon.com/no2012/RAH12set-preview.cfm

So are they doing fewer figures? Or do you think the empty others are going to be troopbuilders of 2x or 4x duplicates?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ah. Not doubting you, but where on the site? I'm curious to read more about it, as I haven't been to their site lately.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, found it. I went there earlier today on my phone and didn't see it.

http://www.gijoecon.com/no2012/RAH12set-preview.cfm

So are they doing fewer figures? Or do you think the empty others are going to be troopbuilders of 2x or 4x duplicates?

One of the empty's or more will be a troop builder. For example: Destro, Baroness, Metal head and 6 IG's

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
See that really annoys me. I had a tough time getting a decent price on Thunder & Lightning last year. They cheaped out & made less of those attendee exclusives last year. Then they all sold out.

Yeah I'm not even gonna try... Fuck, I'm still trying to get my money back from last's years con as I was part of the screwjob of the century by the most famous JoeBro of them all :wtf:

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Stormavik seems pretty close to this design:

Although I'm least familiar with the guy in the weird suit. Dragonsky? For some reason, I don't remember him.

I'm assuming we at least get Horrorshow, any speculation on the other members? You think we'll get 6 or 7 of the OG? Dragonsky? Plus maybe one more? I'd personally like to see Big Bear, too. But that's just wild speculation and hoping on my part.

Last year they came with 9 Cobras, 6 Joes for a total of 15. I'm expecting at least a few troop-builders on the opposing team, whether it's Joe or Cobra (likely Cobra?).

i wonder who they will use for horror show? roc heavy dukey body?

and who is that masked stranger in the back in the red? he looks like he could be a bad ass figure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Dragonsky. I wasn't familiar with him. I'm betting we see him and Horrorshow, and that's it. I expect to see BBQ, Blowtorch or maybe Airtight parts reused for him, or maybe some reactive armor torso like HD?

Horrorshow I have no idea. Bazooka or HD are the only ones big enough, but even with a new vest for the torso, I can't think of arms that work well enough...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I don't foresee Horrorshow resembling his original appearance. That would require too much tooling. I know they've gotten the old Oktober Guard head-sculpts retooled to fit the ME neck pegs so far, and will probably do so with the remaining members, but a new torso/vest and arms is unprecedented for the Club.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I don't actually see them doing an all-new torso either. Webgear is a maybe... They did cut new tooling for Big Boa's harness, after all. Or that's what I thought it was, anyways.

Money Bags Destro's vest, maybe? Does that even come remotely close, if cast in brown and the giant shoulder pad was removed? He really does need that puffy vest to read as Horrorshow.

I was looking at customs of Dragonsky and wouldn't be surprised to see ROC Flash parts used, too.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
damn, i will admit, i do like arctic destro. just not the head, but everything else was pretty cool, his gear his goggles. i had millions around here, and figured one day i will buy a few for parts and gear, now the guy is gone.