I'm alive! (for now)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Just thought I'd mosey on over and let everyone else know I'm still technically alive and kicking.

Since right before SDCC this year I've been dealing with a mysterious lump in my throat (no, Eddie, not a cock, we checked). It's an 'unknown mass' thats protruding out of my voice box. It's been there since last Fall, but it's started to impact swallowing/breathing now, so I've gone through 4 or 5 different tests just to have them tell me "we don't know what it is". Thanks, Kaiser.

So now, well, tomorrow, I'm having surgery so they can cut it out and run tests on it to see what exactly it is and if it's cancerous etc. Fun times.

It's too big to go down my throat (ha ha!), so they literally have to cut open my neck to remove it. It's been scheduled for a few weeks, and initially I was just happy to finally be doing something about it.. but with the surgery being tomorrow morning (0730 PDT!) I'm really kind of nervous about the whole thing. Shoulder surgery is one thing, fucking with your 'breathing hole' is a whole other stresser.

They're keeping me in the hospital overnight for observations etc. Got a whole spiel on what 'could' go wrong, so that's awesome. At least there will be some MORE good drugs going around.

So yeah, I guess tomorrow we find out if The Curse is planning on finishing me off quickly or not.

Big thanks to MAJOR BLOOD for running the site in my absence. Hopefully after this is sorted out I can start getting back into things, though there is always more drama on the horizon.. so we'll see. I'll likely be doing a 'Thunderdan-esque' sell-off of my stuff in the next few months, so stay tuned (assuming I live).

Rex.. I have your stuff, in an actual BOX! With your address on it, so in the event I die, it will still be shipped soon.

Bravestarr.. the Sgt Slaughter is in storage somewhere, so once I start going through that I'll send him out for you.

Guess that's all for now, got to get to bed for a 5am wakeup call.. blah.

In the event I don't make it, it was great knowing all of you in whatever capacity I've had the opportunity to. I'm constantly shocked and amazed that the site is still running strong, even with everything stacked against us (crappy market, no 1:18 to speak of, toy nazis!), thanks everyone for making the site a success in my eyes.

Take care.

Paul (NSA)

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
That's some scary stuff, man. Sorry to hear it.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you

Hope everything turns out to be fine and it's actually a spider egg sac that developed from eating at Taco Bell or something. which is not as serious as cancer. but still bad. but not that bad.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If you get a voice box do they let you pick accents to use? :D

Good luck brah'. It is scary getting surgery but I'm sure you'll be fine. The curse enjoys suffering.

If this was affecting your swallowing it's no wonder Rex didn't want to split a room with you at SDCC.

All kidding aside, best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I hope the surgery goes well, and that the lump is not cancerous or anything serious. I'm praying for you, man!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Wow.

Good luck to you . Hopefully it is just a piece of cheese or something that grafted to the inside of your throat.

Just bring crackers into surgery and everything will be alright !!

All that aside my prayers are with you.

Good luck.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Good luck.
Hope you don't get this surgeon.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Hope everything turns out to be fine and it's actually a spider egg sac that developed from eating at Taco Bell or something. which is not as serious as cancer. but still bad. but not that bad.

I think I'd prefer the cancer...*shudders*

Anyway, having just had surgery for the first time, I can understand how nerve racking it can be...my doc prescribed some zanax (or something) to help calm me and it seemed to work...but man, the crap they put in the IV (the IV was my biggest fear of the hole ordeal, I HATE needles!) was amazing...anesthesia is freaking awesome!

Good luck man...I'm sure they'll get that cum sack cleaned out lickity split!

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
alive! and in lots o lots of pain.

ugh. but alive! woot, hopefully the results come back promising..

thanks again everyone

Well hell, I just saw this. Guess it's what I get for not looking at the forum sidebar yesterday. So, um, well, good luck with the surgery? Oh wait.

If you puff up your cheeks really hard, can you make your neck whistle? :D

Glad to hear you're still alive, that's the first step! Now hopefully the results come back good, too.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

thanks again everyone

Glad to hear there weren't any complications during surgery! I hope you have a speedy recovery and that the test results are good!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah, glad you are alive, NSA!

Congratulations on being rid of that whatever it was.

The LAPD keeps asking where you are, but we covered for you by blaming everything on Eddie.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Hey, it could of have been his twin brother or sister absorb during birth. The same thing happened to my grandmother years back. What was thought to be a tumor on the back of her throat was actually a mutated mass of teeth and hair of a sibling that did not separate successfully during pregnancy. It happens sometimes.

Which brings me to my next point....Don't smoke crack!!!!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Hey, it could of have been his twin brother or sister absorb during birth. The same thing happened to my grandmother years back. What was thought to be a tumor on the back of her throat was actually a mutated mass of teeth and hair of a sibling that did not separate successfully during pregnancy. It happens sometimes.

Which brings me to my next point....Don't smoke crack!!!!

Kuato! *shudders*

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Man! Late to the party as usual.

If this was affecting your swallowing it's no wonder Rex didn't want to split a room with you at SDCC.

I actually laughed out loud at this, and then had to explain to my wife why.

thanks again everyone

Glad you made it! Hope the results are benign.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I think I'd prefer the cancer...*shudders*

Anyway, having just had surgery for the first time, I can understand how nerve racking it can be...my doc prescribed some zanax (or something) to help calm me and it seemed to work...but man, the crap they put in the IV (the IV was my biggest fear of the hole ordeal, I HATE needles!) was amazing...anesthesia is freaking awesome!

Good luck man...I'm sure they'll get that cum sack cleaned out lickity split!

Jesus man you make it so easy sometimes...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Glad to hear you made it through...maybe they'll find out it's your long lost twin that you consumed in the womb.