Ages 25 & Up - Comic with Balljoints

What do you make of this?

• Total voters

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
I guess I should explain myself.

Some of my hobbies include toy collection, photography, wasting time on my computer, long walks on the beach, and Jessie's girl. So I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes I'd combine some of those and make myself my own online comic, starring the 25th Anniversary Joes.

Some friendly Fighting 1:18thers (1:18th Fighters? What's the shorthand for members of this community?) invited me here and asked me to share my stuff with you, so dig in and I hope you like it.

Without further ado, I present you with "Ages 25 & Up," comics with kung-fu grip and ball(joint)s of steel. Here are the first 4 archaic issues that look like crap compared to modern issues. Hey, I made them 3 years ago without much of a plan, so I guess they could've turned out much worse, right?

Er... It gets better, trust me. Let me know what you think, drop hate, go to town.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
pffft...there good and hilarious in their own way...still love Flashs lame joke and the two frames of silence...good stuff...

BTW, i wanted to vote "a jar of almonds" REALLY BAD!

Last edited:

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
pffft...there good and hilarious in their own way...still love Flashs lame joke and the two frames of silence...good stuff

Thanks, man! I tried to make Flash having lame jokes a running gag, but I haven't used it nearly frequently enough for it to be really running. It came up again during the Helix story, I think, but I don't remember when I else I made him do that. Guess I'll have to use it more!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
About time you got the party started!!

I've been a reader/fan since day issue 1. I'm looking forward to reading through your entire catalog again as you post them.

I also got my vote in.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
BTW, i wanted to vote "a jar of almonds" REALLY BAD!
Do it! I made the poll multiple choice so that people could have fun with.

About time you got the party started!!

I've been a reader/fan since day issue 1. I'm looking forward to reading through your entire catalog again as you post them.

I also got my vote in.
Sorry it took me so long to get here!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I too have been a fan forever bro, well, you know that. lol. Good to see i have another spot to read the latest. looking at these early ones again, Man, you have come a long way with the photography and the backdrops.
some of my favorites are Beard force (of course) amnd when you starting transitioning some of the figures to the 25th. They were classics.

edit - Ha, you posted that one (clutch updated) should have read them first. lol.

Last edited:

Freedom

Solo Operative
Dude, you know I've been a fan since these first issues! My favorite joke was one of the holiday issues where Stalker pauses and says, "What? You thought I was gonna say Kwanza?" I look forward to this every week and am glad it will be available here at the Fighting 1:18th!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Some friendly Fighting 1:18thers (1:18th Fighters? What's the shorthand for members of this community?)

I believe the technical term is "Fuckers".

At least that's what everyone else seems to call us :D

Though that does bring into something we didn't really think of, we could, for all intents and purposes be a site devoted to exclusively fighting AGAINST the 1:18th scale. Maybe we are a ragtag group of ex-1:18th scale devotee's who have taken to the rancid depraved depths of 1:6th collecting.. or even worse 1:144 table top miniatures.. eeevil.

But yeah.. like I was saying, fuckers.

Welcome :) You're hilarious!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
This first arc brings back the memories. Clutch looks so natural holding the Jack bottle. Also, I could be wrong but I think that's Lifeline's only appearance ever. Even in the early stages, you did a good job posing the figs. Stalker, SE, Scarlett, Clutch and the hoe really jump out at me.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Oh yeah, I multiquote like a motherfucker.

Thanks, man!

Dude, you know I've been a fan since these first issues! My favorite joke was one of the holiday issues where Stalker pauses and says, "What? You thought I was gonna say Kwanza?" I look forward to this every week and am glad it will be available here at the Fighting 1:18th!
Freedooooom! Good to see you! I think that was the first Christmas issue I'd made. We'll get there real soon!

I believe the technical term is "Fuckers".

At least that's what everyone else seems to call us :D

Though that does bring into something we didn't really think of, we could, for all intents and purposes be a site devoted to exclusively fighting AGAINST the 1:18th scale. Maybe we are a ragtag group of ex-1:18th scale devotee's who have taken to the rancid depraved depths of 1:6th collecting.. or even worse 1:144 table top miniatures.. eeevil.

But yeah.. like I was saying, fuckers.

Welcome :) You're hilarious!
Thanks, NSA! I'm glad to be a fucker.

This first arc brings back the memories. Clutch looks so natural holding the Jack bottle. Also, I could be wrong but I think that's Lifeline's only appearance ever. Even in the early stages, you did a good job posing the figs. Stalker, SE, Scarlett, Clutch and the hoe really jump out at me.
Good times, eh? Lifeline appears again, usually with Doc, but they don't tend to show up too frequently. I'm something of a perfectionist, I guess, so most of the time I try to make things look good. Stuff like poses and talk bubbles and whatnot. When I'm short on time, I'll tend to half-ass stuff. Like this week's comic... I haven't finished it yet!

pcsguy88 said:
Funny shit and the updated characters make it even better. The transition is perfect!
Thanks a lot! Stay tuned because more of the updated characters will be popping up... and other non-Joe characters, too!

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Here are some more comics for you guys.

First up, #5 "The Silver Screen," which was something of a movie-raeg strip. Sorry about that.

Following that, I decided to try my hand at an "alternate-universe" sorta story, one which does not take place in the usual Ages 25 & Up universe (or "A25Universe," if you will). It's a little long and not persistently funny, but I hope you'll put up with it. (Humour me, yes?)

Oh yeah, I'd like to apologize for how shitty this next story is in terms of pacing, writing, blurry photos, etc.

Dun dun DUUUUUN! What happens at a time like this? Break for commercials!

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
piss off Eddie, it's funny as shit. Never mind Eddie, he just has a dick up his ass and has no sense of humor. ;)

When you're medicated like me, humor like this is really funny. Even my 3 year old daughter came up to me and ask "what's so funny"?

Eddie's cool, we go way back. I respect his opinion and honesty! And I don't mind folks bustin' my balls, either.

Feel free to drop hate if y'all want. I have some choice words about this old crap, too...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
piss off Eddie, it's funny as shit. Never mind Eddie, he just has a dick up his ass and has no sense of humor. ;)

F*@# OFF AND DIE EWOK!!!

:D

i love how you put all the PGS comics together numbers...

and it still cracks me up how Scarlet has the helmet resting on her hair...reminds me of Supermans lame disquise as CK...which reminds me, i love how in the GL movie, they made a joke outta his "disguise"

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
F*@# OFF AND DIE EWOK!!!

:D
Wait, is that just some kind of friendly banter between you guys? Shit, I guess I'M the one without the sense of humour because I totally missed that!

i love how you put all the PGS comics together numbers...

and it still cracks me up how Scarlet has the helmet resting on her hair...reminds me of Supermans lame disquise as CK...which reminds me, i love how in the GL movie, they made a joke outta his "disguise"
If you look closely, you can see the blue sticky-tack I used to keep the helmet in place. Rookie mistake!

And speaking of Green Lantern, he shows up in the next Batteries Not Included strip, which I'll have up soon. I'm working on the brand-new A25U issue right now and I'll have it up some time today.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
YAY!...Cap's back!...my fave character!

i like how he says "what ever happened to him anyways?" and then he goes rambling on about Guile...lol...

so the backgrond behind the couch...is that shopped in or did you really set that up?

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
YAY!...Cap's back!...my fave character!

i like how he says "what ever happened to him anyways?" and then he goes rambling on about Guile...lol...

so the backgrond behind the couch...is that shopped in or did you really set that up?
The background's just a printout. I had printed and was folding up a couch until I remembered I had that wooden furniture.

Of course it's just friendly banter between us, we're just giving each other shit. It's what makes this site. :D
I think I'll fit in just fine!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yea, we talk shit to each other all the time Numbers.

I skipped over the new one, until I have more time. Gonna check out PGS again first!

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
I spent yesterday reading every issue. I officially hate you and myself for not reading it before.
Damn Canuckleheads killing off America's greatest heroes

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Yea, we talk shit to each other all the time Numbers.

I skipped over the new one, until I have more time. Gonna check out PGS again first!
Sounds good! I'll post the rest of the PGS story tomorrow.

I spent yesterday reading every issue. I officially hate you and myself for not reading it before.
Damn Canuckleheads killing off America's greatest heroes
Hot damn, you did a shit-ton of reading!
(We also burned down your White House that time, but we're sorry.)

Awesome!

Great Holiday comic. Good to see the Cap back. I hope we get to see your classic Cap again in time for his new movie :)
When does that come out? Maybe I can work something in.:D

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Hot damn, you did a shit-ton of reading!
(We also burned down your White House that time, but we're sorry.)

Yeah when something catches my interest I usually dont put it down.
The white house things ok, Im sure yall were just freezing and jealous of our awesome weather. If it makes you feel better when I was on vacation in Hawaii I did some really bad stuff to two canadian girls, they seemed to enjoy it though

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Captain America comes out in the US on July 22nd :) (Not sure what July 22nd translates to in Canadianese though).
Okay, good, so the Alpha Flight movie comes out on the 22nd up here.

Yeah when something catches my interest I usually dont put it down.
The white house things ok, Im sure yall were just freezing and jealous of our awesome weather. If it makes you feel better when I was on vacation in Hawaii I did some really bad stuff to two canadian girls, they seemed to enjoy it though
Highfive.

Time for more comics! Let's finish that Plastic Gear story, yes?

Okay, so following that alternate-universe story, I went back to the regular-ass A25Universe.

This one's not part of any particular story:

Here's the first Christmas issue I made:

Next time, I'll start the next story, introduce Scarlett's twin sister, and the silent 21st issue!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Some classics right there. My fav line in PGS: "How hot is your niece?"

I forgot how good the Breaker story was! Short but awesome!

Tapping the Ram is still in my top 5. Might be your best 1 shot comic that you have done imo.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
i love seeing all these again...Storm Shadows text font kills me, lol
Is it because the font is hard to read? I'm having a hard time reading it myself, and I smeggin' wrote this crap!

Some classics right there. My fav line in PGS: "How hot is your niece?"

I forgot how good the Breaker story was! Short but awesome!

Tapping the Ram is still in my top 5. Might be your best 1 shot comic that you have done imo.
Thanks, Monkeywrench! Looking back at it, man did I waste a lot of space in Tapping the RAM. Look at all that gutter space! I'd like to think I'm a bit more efficient these days. :cool:

Alright, time for another story. Let's rock!

BONUS: The Scrabble board!

Silent 21st issue:

Now back to the Scarlett story.

TO BE CONTINUED!

Also, I didn't remember just got juvenile some of these old strips were. Hope that doesn't bother ya too much.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
no, i can read his font just fine...i just like the font you used for him is all...

that Scrabble board is awesome...can't say i remember it...even if Stalker and Clutch werent pictured, its obvious Clutch was playing with someone mature

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
I almost forgot to post some today. Here's another batch, fellas!

See how I tied that shit into the Willow story? Damn, I'm good. And here's the last issue of that Willow story.

What the hell, have another.

Next time, a team will fall... And from the ashes, new heroes will rise.