Ages 25 & Up - Comic with Balljoints

What do you make of this?

• Total voters

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
LOL now that is a trolling spellchecker. damn you Gates!!
I nearly lol'd because of that mastertrollin'. I had to screenshot that shit.

And there she is... :D

Hot Dog!!!!
You want her, you got her, muthafuckin' Helix!

Commercial break! (The Arbco Islands site is real; it's part of a meta-game I was trying to tie into the comics for a while.) This issue is pure filler and the first comic ever to feature no new photography. I am ashamed and feel neglected.

Whew. That does it for the Helix story. Sorry if it got needlessly complex towards the end. Next time, we'll start a new story.

But right now I need to haul ass and finish this week's comic. Shit, I haven't even finalized the script yet. I guess it'll be a short one.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
And what's better than one Helix..? That's right, two of them... :D

Is that Duke in the background at the hospital? Is he perhaps getting his spine reconstructed after being smashed by Iron Monger in his little tank (or did I forget about something else that happened to him since)???

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
And what's better than one Helix..? That's right, two of them... :D

Is that Duke in the background at the hospital? Is he perhaps getting his spine reconstructed after being smashed by Iron Monger in his little tank (or did I forget about something else that happened to him since)???

He's in a full body cast and neither moves nor speaks for the entire comic. It's just me trolling.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i think the comments on Helixs FB page are my fave thing you've ever done...but so is Cap...and Clutch...etc etc

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, man! Remember that time that reader on HissTank got all pissed because of my portrayal of the Cap? Man, that crap was funny.

I do! What a pussy. Man I love the Cap story. Him bitch slapping Cobra Troopers, punching CC in the face like he did Hitler and of course his awesome racism :)

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
He's in a full body cast and neither moves nor speaks for the entire comic. It's just me trolling.

From all of us sick of seeing him regurgitated in every new figure wave and clogging pegs all over creation, I say...

Nice!!!

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
i think the comments on Helixs FB page are my fave thing you've ever done...but so is Cap...and Clutch...etc etc
I didn't think of it at the time, but it's less funny if you don't know who the names and icons belong to. But I think most of them are pretty obvious, and the ones that aren't don't matter too much, you know?

I do! What a pussy. Man I love the Cap story. Him bitch slapping Cobra Troopers, punching CC in the face like he did Hitler and of course his awesome racism :)
Liberty through xenophobia!

From all of us sick of seeing him regurgitated in every new figure wave and clogging pegs all over creation, I say...

Nice!!!
*bows* Thank you, thank you, tip your waiter!

What the...? She actually DOES have an FB page. :D
You bet she does! I used it as a sort of "vinyl meerkats" viral marketing tie-in. The posts she made on failbook in the comic, I made in in real-life on the Helix page. I made some more in-character posts, typing that way for a while. When the story ended, a bunch of real-life friends had added Helix, so I just kept the account around.

Anyone up for some more comics? Let's rock! Pun intended!

THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. OKAY? OKAY. CLOSED.

Yes, I know the Cobra Commander is behind bars, but his appearance in that last issue will be explained. Just hang in there, aight?

Now for an unrelated strip. In the first panel, there's a reference to the Montreal Comic Con because I won $100 at one of the Montreal Cons by dressing up as Deadpool and used it to buy (among other things) Marvel's G.I. Joe #1, which I later had signed by Larry and Herb at the following con. Shit was SO cash.

Next time, a completely fucking different story arc and universe. Stick around.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I like how you call him Dennis Quaid instead of Hawk and the Stalker/Wolverine joke was great lol. I had forgotten most of the Radio Ga Ga story, it was fun reading it again. I also enjoyed the Double Helix story again, the Zarana twist was nice.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Numbers said:
I didn't think of it at the time, but it's less funny if you don't know who the names and icons belong to. But I think most of them are pretty obvious, and the ones that aren't don't matter too much, you know?

true, it also helps if you've read the comics priar and know some of the inside jokes...like Flash saying something about his comics and getting called a nerd agin, lol...

i loved Ripcord requesting that song BTW...heh heh heh

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
I like how you call him Dennis Quaid instead of Hawk and the Stalker/Wolverine joke was great lol. I had forgotten most of the Radio Ga Ga story, it was fun reading it again. I also enjoyed the Double Helix story again, the Zarana twist was nice.
Hawk is Hawk, and Dennis Quaid is Dennis Quaid in a beret. 'Nuff said.
Also, I just realized that I spelled "Zarana" wrong on at least one occasion. Goddamn it.

true, it also helps if you've read the comics priar and know some of the inside jokes...like Flash saying something about his comics and getting called a nerd agin, lol...

i loved Ripcord requesting that song BTW...heh heh heh
That movie crap's really got him pissed!

yeah, like he was rubbing it in. reminds me of will farrell when he was doing the cowbell really slow in Jimmy fallon's face just to irritate him.
Few things irritate just as much as jimmy fallon.

Alright, it's time for a new story, and I'm all outta gum.
This one is something that I'd wanted to try for a long time but didn't get a chance to do previously. I'll get right to point and tell ya that I'm a whore for (among other things) film noir. You can find a rather tongue-in-cheek film noir short story I wrote about a modern-day geek/toy collector right here if you're interested. Hell, I even have a Twitter account I call NoirMetaphors for exchanging noirish posts with a friend and for reformulating real-life shit I do into mystery-esque wordiness so it sounds less lame.

Anyway, long story short, I made a film-noir-inspired G.I. Joe story, transplanting some familiar characters into a dark possibly-1930s world. Reads great with Blade Runner Blues by Vangelis playing in the background.

Here goes.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oh shit, the P.I.Joe story! Another classic that I had forgotten about. It's fun reading these again. Did you ever play L.A.Noire?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Not yet. PC version is scheduled for an autumn release. I'm looking forward to it, but I think P.I. Joe has more in common with the Max Payne games than L.A. Noire.

yea for sure. I was just wondering if you had played it yet. I played it for PS3. It's a pretty cool game. Just waiting on the last chunk of DLC for it.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's tight. you put alot of work into these. The quality is excellent. This story is killer

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Awesome as usual.
Is that... John Goodman? :eek: I assume he's from a Speed Racer line? And what figure is the redhead? She's kinda hawt. So many cool toylines don't make it here Down Under...

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
That's tight. you put alot of work into these. The quality is excellent. This story is killer
Thanks a lot, Rick!

Awesome as usual.
Is that... John Goodman? :eek: I assume he's from a Speed Racer line? And what figure is the redhead? She's kinda hawt. So many cool toylines don't make it here Down Under...
Thanks, Fled! Yep, that was the John Goodman figure from the Speed Racer movie line. He came in a pack with a ninja and a tiny-ass motorcycle. The ninja was used as Training Snake-Eyes in Plastic Gear Solid 106 and the bike appeared in #30.

The redhead is Mara Jade from that Star Wars: Heir to the Empire comic pack. And yeah, she's pretty unfy.:cool:

Time for more comics!

Next is #100. I wanted to do something big for it. This one took two weeks and didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, but here it is. Hope you like it. Click the image below to check it out since I have no idea how to embed shit on this forum.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Damn. So much has happened since you've started. Kind cool seeing the older stuff lol.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Damn. So much has happened since you've started. Kind cool seeing the older stuff lol.
Thanks, man! I haven't really looked at a lot of the old issues in--
I was going to say ages, but that would've made a terrible pun.

Good times...
Awww yeah!

Clutch is my hero :D "master" lol
Clutch rules.:cool:

Ready for some more readin'? Here we go!

(If you get the reference in this next one, you are a veritable Trueborn.)

More next time!

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Transformers, Batman, Spiderman and the real Ripcord!

love checking out your back issues again
Thanks! Special guests make for more fun.

Wild Bill holding the revolver to CCs is cracks me up...so simple but so brutle
Hey wasn't going to use it. I mean, he's one of the good guys, right? Still, nothing says Southern Hospitality like hardware and xenophobia.

I also like the pic with Batman, Hawk and WB. CC in the background is funny as hell
He just took a Bat-Beatdown. Fella's lucky to have only shat himself!

Let's see what Wild Bill has in store for the Commander...

Meanwhile, what are those robots up to?

So just what the hell are these Cobra robots? Let's find out more...

Apologies for this next one.

Filler that is relevant to the story:

Action!

Meanwhile...

See how I tied that crap into that Christmas issue? I got this shit all planned out. More later! Have a great weekend, guys!

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
YES!!

Keep them coming. Looking forward to getting caught up to speed.

Roger, here come some more. It's almost been a year since the Cobra Commander was in jail, and now he's set in motion his elaborate escape plan involving... big ol' reprogrammed sentient robots?

And of course, the excessively-long finale (I tend to go to bonus-sized conclusion issues, don't I?)

It took a year and some elaborate schemes, but the Cobra Commander is back in the serpentine throne. I know that Lego Bionicle was probably after your time for a lot of you old-timers (bustin' yer balls, guys), but it was a big part of my growing up, and I wanted to give the series a decent farewell for when it ended in 2010. They couldn't have let it run until 2011 for a 10th anniversary, eh?

Anyway, that story's done, the Commander is back, the Bionicle species is extinct, Destro's gonna get some revengin' by the Commander, and here's the 2010 Christmas issue.

A friend of mine made me that custom Cover Girl for the comic. I was planning on making my own, but it most likely would've sucked.

New Year's issue, 2011!

Next, we start with a story that, it seems, will take up a sizable chunk of 2011 - Cobra Commander's revenge scheme!

While that's going on, let's see what the Joes are up to.

Valentine's Day issue is next. I never made one before, and after this one, I don't think I'll be making more.

And to not end this post on a downer, here's another Cobra issue.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I love the Beachhead/Cover Girl Christmas issue. That's one of my all time favs. Love that ol' Beach is gettin' some q/t from the new and improved CG.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i think 127 might be my favorite issue...i just love that one...

the BTTF references in Small Details are great!...one of my fave movies...oh, and the grafeti MB did on the commanders poster, awesome!...lol

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
I love the Beachhead/Cover Girl Christmas issue. That's one of my all time favs. Love that ol' Beach is gettin' some q/t from the new and improved CG.
Thanks! Love me some Beachhead.

i think 127 might be my favorite issue...i just love that one...

the BTTF references in Small Details are great!...one of my fave movies...oh, and the grafeti MB did on the commanders poster, awesome!...lol
Thanks a lot; I really like #127 as well. I was thinking of giving Mindbender a Sharpie, but I think him whistling is a little more subtle.

Casual Friday! Winning!
That would be Casual Sex & Drugs Friday, no?

Have some more comics, I insist!

Oh yeah, the POLLING IS CLOSED. Both for the comic and the Canadian elections. Just to get that out of the way.

Again, polls are closed, but not due to AIDS.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
I hate to doublepost in one day, but I need your help.

Next week marks the 150th issue of the comic, but I don't have anything special planned yet. I don't have the energy (or time) to make another animation like I did for #100, and a Yearbook issue-- well, I did that already in #50.

So my question to you is, what should I do? Should I do anything at all? The current story is dragging on too long anyway, so I figured I'd just let #150 be the next issue the current story arc and, if anything, we could do something fun on the side.

A community chat via Skype? Joke around, ask questions, stuff like that? A Team Fortress 2 night, or some other gaming session? Or would you rather I just did something like make a behind-the-scenes special about how the comic gets made, showing all the steps from idea, to the stuff you see on your screen each week?

The last anniversary events were basically me horn-tooting, but I'd like this one to be about you, the readers. Without your support, there's no way I'd have made it to #150. I wouldn't have got beyond #5. So let me know what you think and feel. And thanks for sticking by me for three fantastic years!