New Sentinel 1 True Heroes Chap Mei

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I saw some new stuff show up on TRU's website

Not sure if all of them are new but I've not seen some of these.

True Heroes, Action Figures, Elite Operations, Military Toys - Toys"R"Us

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, the one-man boat isn't new, but the rest looks to be. That dolphin sub is boss, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to get that squid on some large hulk figure and cook up some kind of Lovecraftian beastie?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not *entirely* sure, but I think there *may* just be a giant squid in that set. What do you think?

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
It looks like they added more. I'm not sure if the figure are Chap Mei, but if they are it means they are finally starting to move beyond 5 poa. Still not where they need to be to be useful, but still an improvement.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I shouldn't want these. I want them anyway.

Dzirhan

Enlisted
Jul 22, 2015
Malaysia
The figures have been part of the early Sentinel One lines and they've had the elbow articulation then though to be honest that elbow articulation IMO doesn't really add much to the posing you could do. Hovercraft and tank are nice and hovercraft will probably look better with the oversized cannons removed and the inside crammed with troops rather than a vehicle :) . Too bad that the jet is just a hand toy :p, least they could have done was go the GI Joe Hasbro way like the Thunderwing jet where the hand toy features could be concealed

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ok so someone wanted more photos of the bridge layer vehicle. Unfortunately I couldn't find many, and they are mostly used to compare with the Elite Force Abrams, which I posted on the BBI thread. However, there are a couple of the vehicle itself, but without the bridge.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wonder if that QLZ87 just looks overly large. If it just looks big it would be a fine option for retiring the Jai Alai cesta from everyone's Frag Vipers.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
Those two trucks look interesting and not too small! I ll definetely gonna buy that tank. Thanks for the pics!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Nice finds. Very interesting. Looks like my cousins just got their birthday gifts for this year.

The vehicle that looks like an MRAP seems to steal an action feature from the G.I. Joe Quick Strike.

Last edited:

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
That True Heroes Pump Action Missile truck has custom potential especially the front portion of the truck!

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I'm always tempted by the larger-sized gunboat as a ride for the RoC blue camo Joes (they always look like some kind of marine team to me, for some reason...)

I think there's a black version of it, too.

True Heroes Navy Seal Boat Playset - Green Camo - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us

And yeah, the articulation is a little limited on these guys. I think the problem is that all the joints are one-directional and everything feels very up-down/forward-backward, even with the waist twist. Still, they're cool figures and vehicles for the price. I have $5 in Rewards I need to redeem so I may have to grab something from the line soon...

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
I'm always tempted by the larger-sized gunboat as a ride for the RoC blue camo Joes (they always look like some kind of marine team to me, for some reason...)

I think there's a black version of it, too.

True Heroes Navy Seal Boat Playset - Green Camo - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us

And yeah, the articulation is a little limited on these guys. I think the problem is that all the joints are one-directional and everything feels very up-down/forward-backward, even with the waist twist. Still, they're cool figures and vehicles for the price. I have $5 in Rewards I need to redeem so I may have to grab something from the line soon...

I always look beyond their figures! I try to envision some of the True Heroes vehicles for simple G.I. Joe/Cobra custom vehicles!

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I always look beyond their figures! I try to envision some of the True Heroes vehicles for simple G.I. Joe/Cobra custom vehicles!

I'm getting kind of shy on space and I do tend to collect figures over vehicles but with that said, I'm certainly very tempted by a number of their releases, even if I just wind up sticking the figures in the cockpit/driver's seat or something...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I know they have at least one figure that is meant to hold a gun of some-sort. I think it's the one with the skull mask balaclava.

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
I'm getting kind of shy on space and I do tend to collect figures over vehicles but with that said, I'm certainly very tempted by a number of their releases, even if I just wind up sticking the figures in the cockpit/driver's seat or something...

I'm the polar opposite! I like getting vehicles more than figures!

Retro

The Unwashed
Oct 12, 2015
Picked up THE HOVERCRAFT today at Toysrus!!! Get ready for the most IN-DEPTH review you've never seen!!! No pun intended!!! HOVERING soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fuckit:

Attachments

• S1260520.JPG
    S1260520.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 31

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Picked up THE HOVERCRAFT today at Toysrus!!! Get ready for the most IN-DEPTH review you've never seen!!! No pun intended!!! HOVERING soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fuckit:

That thing would definitely make a good starting point for a new LVC

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
How about posting them here instead of trying to get everyone to your facebook page? The whole point of this site is to share shit with other members, not pimp other sites with the promise of pictures.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I picked up the bridge layer set for about $20. Neat set at that price.

usgrant0

The Unwashed
Jan 17, 2016
hi, there is a man in california who actually makes them, he also makes subs that look like orca's