State of the Site - 07/07/2016

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Eddie!! You see I have Mcfly? That's your boy! You'll be the second guy to get a copy after the guy who sent me it...that and anchor man iirc

Saw that you had one to work with. Been waiting for the shrink reveal. Gonna have to redo my original body combo from years ago. Never finished because, well, no good head.

Lol,I'm more likely to offend then be offended. I think I've aggravated everyone on here at least one, if not more:trollface:

This is me, too...both parts. :D

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Good head is important:trollface:

What body would you use? Once I get it to the fine tune stage that's going to be the issue.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good head is important:trollface:

What body would you use? Once I get it to the fine tune stage that's going to be the issue.

C'mon, Contra, you got to do Kamala. Look at that expression!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I have a good puffy vest, I think. I can't remember the figure line it came from to even look it up.

But body, something unbuttoned part way. Indy? Lower arms...some off those Mouse ones. Upper arms...something, fuller. Upper legs I'm not sure of, but lower legs, unless I can find something better to emulate Marty's tapered pants, I'll be going with some CC lowers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indy Torso works, as you can cover the jacket and arms at the same time, just sculpt Marty's shirt cuffs over those of the jacketed Indy arms. The lower legs are a bear, though. Maybe 25th Anniversary Storm Shadow's, with a skim coat of putty over the puttees?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The torso is the most difficult part to me. You gotta have three layers! Button up, jean jacket and vest. Might just add jacket to the edges of the vest.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
For my McFly, agreed the torso is the hardest part.

Right now my legs are tunnel rat legs...two left lane with one flipped around like Eddie did with the shipwreck legs for Popeye.

Torso could be tunnel rat due to the unbuttoned top...just gotta grind off the belt.

I think I'll just sculpt the vest onto a jacket...easiest way I could come up with for the three layers.

I have a A team Hannibal that would be great for the toros and arms (already have the rolled up cuffs and the holster could be worked to make suspenders...

Only problem is it is a fairly wide figure and no jackets fit...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not even going to worry about suspenders. The vest/jacket though...ugh. If one of them is flexible, any sculpted on detail..not good.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I have an idea,I'm pretty sure I can pull it off too,like 99.99% sure.

This is the torso to use right here:

Vinyl idolz Mcfly...shrink it to size,modify the neck,stick some legs&arms on it,call it a day...or shrink it to size,cut&dremel it out,recast it into a wearable jacket.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
8" tall, but they're what the Japanese would call "non-scale".

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,but getting around to actually doing it!:trollface:

I'm on a thing now,do I peg out parts for my personal project? Or work on someone else's? Got limited time,and stuff to do outside...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Lol...

F em all.

Just please finish the McFly before you do!

Also that might work as a coat dremeled out to fit a Joe torso.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Unless you're making money off the other projects, F everyone else.

It barely rained,so I blew off the outside work:trollface:

I'm sooooo lazy on the weekends...money isn't everything. I mean yeah,I need more,who doesn't? I'd rather not do anything:trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I ended up doing it,...

Burnt clutch,...

he got me with the helpful neighbor routine. Had his son start cutting my lawn,and texted me "what's up?" And once again although he offered to pay I declined to take anything. Kinda should've tho. next time I hear from it'll be,because he needs something else,..a tool,a bolt,car repairs. Then again when my AC went out at the house he showed me what to check,and how too. I was a renter type guy before I bought that house all those years ago. I could fix the shit outta your car,but couldn't replace a ceiling fan or find the breaker box:trollface: dude's been my neighbor for over 10years.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,true,..I took the radiator&condesor out too tho to replace the descendent bag inside the condenser , took the lines off,and flushed everything,replaced all the seals&soil too...neather was a 5 min gig.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Any advice for topping off my 928 with R-12? I'd rather put a can in every couple years than replace the compressor and/or covert to 134.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I need to replace my radiator, water pump and thermostat. Been procrastinating on it for way longer than I'd like to admit. Wish I had a neighbor like Contraband to sucker into doing it. :trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Drive an import? Radiator seam leaking at the top?:trollface: American cars radiator side tanks crack,making them instantly disabled:trollface:

Any advice for topping off my 928 with R-12? I'd rather put a can in every couple years than replace the compressor and/or covert to 134.

I haven't even seen R-12 in almost 10years! Last time I saw the stuff it was in old ass cans from Kmart.:D

All you gotta do is remove&drain the compressor,remove the expansion valve/orafice,flush out the system with solvent,blow the lines,condensed,and evaporator core completely out with air till it's completely clean,replace the drier with a compatable brier,retrofit the service ports.,fill it with ester oil instead of mineral oil,then charge it with 80% of the recommended charge only with 134a

Piece of cake!:trollface:

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Don't tell me you've fallen for the lie Nacho? If I buy a Hasegawa model at the hobby shop,and assemble it on my kitchen table doesn't really make it made in the USA!:trollface:

Those Honda,Hyundai,Kia,and Toyota buildings are "assembly plants". Completely different then the GM plant in New Jersey,or the plant in Shreveport la. Besides that once the workers are paid the money goes right to the country that owns it...the only reason for these assembly plants is to avoid tariff taxes. It's a scam.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, even the American cars made in America are made from predominately foreign-sourced components.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eddie's no traitor. He would rather drive a Ford made in Mexico than a "foreign" car made in Tennessee ;)

Contraband gets it. Follow the profits...the BIG money.

Don't tell me you've fallen for the lie Nacho? If I buy a Hasegawa model at the hobby shop,and assemble it on my kitchen table doesn't really make it made in the USA!:trollface:

Those Honda,Hyundai,Kia,and Toyota buildings are "assembly plants". Completely different then the GM plant in New Jersey,or the plant in Shreveport la. Besides that once the workers are paid the money goes right to the country that owns it...the only reason for these assembly plants is to avoid tariff taxes. It's a scam.

Yes,but the profit stats here,and is taxed differently

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Eh, I drive a Toyota 4x4 assembled here and a Camaro assembled in Canada. Which is better? Domestic profits and canadian jobs, or foreign profits and domestic jobs? It's not about falling for a "lie". It's about grey areas of corporate economics that have no bearing on my purchase decision.

No matter how much I love Eddie, my car choices are far more about reliability, maintenance, and personal aesthetic preferences than any loyalty to the zip code of the people that put it together*. 98.63%** of car buyers have no clue where their auto was manufactured anyway.

*Eddie is well aware I would never buy a Ford, no matter who made it or where the profits went.

**completely made-up stat, but probably close

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Eh, I drive a Toyota 4x4 assembled here and a Camaro assembled in Canada. Which is better? Domestic profits and canadian jobs, or foreign profits and domestic jobs? It's not about falling for a "lie". It's about grey areas of corporate economics that have no bearing on my purchase decision.

No matter how much I love Eddie, my car choices are far more about reliability, maintenance, and personal aesthetic preferences than any loyalty to the zip code of the people that put it together*. 98.63%** of car buyers have no clue where their auto was manufactured anyway.

*Eddie is well aware I would never buy a Ford, no matter who made it or where the profits went.

**completely made-up stat, but probably close

And I know you don't take that Toyota off road:trollface: they don't hold up well to it,..fact. Toyota&Honda have become a status symbol,it's the cool thing to buy like drinking Starbucks,and gauging ears:eddieism:

Camaro,...meh. I like the old ones. Not that carbureted shit,just the bodies,..something modern under the hood.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
And I know you don't take that Toyota off road:trollface: they don't hold up well to it,..fact. Toyota&Honda have become a status symbol,it's the cool thing to buy like drinking Starbucks,and gauging ears:eddieism:

Camaro,...meh. I like the old ones. Not that carbureted shit,just the bodies,..something modern under the hood.

Yeah, I live on a farm in the boonies, so my Toyota does go off-road on occasion. Not a ton, as I'm not a muddin' frat-bro, but it's necessary part of the time. I haul trash in it, construction equipment, and drive it into the woods. It's got scratches, a few dents... definitely not a garage queen truck. It's my third Toyota 4x4 if you count the '80-model I learned to drive on, so I definitely got on the wagon before the starbucks hipsters. If you learn nothing else about me, I have no fucks to give about status symbols or impressing other people.

My Camaro SS is old... not antique old, just old. But the LS1 w/ 6-speed manual is still fast as hell, never gives me trouble, and has a backseat suitable for children. It is what it is, and I still enjoy driving it.

FWIW, not once did I question where either was made or where the profits went when I bought them.

:fuckit:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I haven't even seen R-12 in almost 10years! Last time I saw the stuff it was in old ass cans from Kmart.:D

All you gotta do is remove&drain the compressor,remove the expansion valve/orafice,flush out the system with solvent,blow the lines,condensed,and evaporator core completely out with air till it's completely clean,replace the drier with a compatable brier,retrofit the service ports.,fill it with ester oil instead of mineral oil,then charge it with 80% of the recommended charge only with 134a

Piece of cake!:trollface:

When you coming over? :thumbsup:
I think I'll buy one of those rusty ass cans off eBay.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm curious to how much those rusty cans cost nowadays,lol. Back in the day right before they discontinued it you needed a reclaimers license to buy r12(pass a stupid test on the back of a booklet that contained the answers,lol),most small cans predate those epa laws,because near the end only tanks where available too...I'm also curious to how that works now!

Yeah, I live on a farm in the boonies, so my Toyota does go off-road on occasion. Not a ton, as I'm not a muddin' frat-bro, but it's necessary part of the time. I haul trash in it, construction equipment, and drive it into the woods. It's got scratches, a few dents... definitely not a garage queen truck. It's my third Toyota 4x4 if you count the '80-model I learned to drive on, so I definitely got on the wagon before the starbucks hipsters. If you learn nothing else about me, I have no fucks to give about status symbols or impressing other people.

My Camaro SS is old... not antique old, just old. But the LS1 w/ 6-speed manual is still fast as hell, never gives me trouble, and has a backseat suitable for children. It is what it is, and I still enjoy driving it.

FWIW, not once did I question where either was made or where the profits went when I bought them.

:fuckit:

I'm not a brand whore although I prefer GM trucks,and their higher end vehicles tho...if I was in the market for an economical vehicle that I could leave one of my daughters with while I'm far away unable to come to the rescue it'd be a 4banger Camry or Corolla,maybe a smaller Lexus IS.

As for me,I primarily drive a bullshit 15year old 4banger Chevrolet S10. Why? I'm cheap as fuck,and so are they,lol. A water pump is like $15,plug wires are around $12,and brake pads are under $10...and it gets almost 30mpg with AC so cold you can hang meat in the cab...insurance is cheap,and tags are $28 a year.

Basically I have zero room to talk any kind of shit about anyone's vehicles:trollface:

I will say if you have a Tacoma check the front differential axle seals regularly(they leak often,and simple things like tall grass can tangle in there causing them to fail),and be very weary of hanging it up in ruts,as the two lower bolts that fasten the lower ball joint to the steering knuckle have a tendency to sheer off. they get towed in regularly for that..they also are made of very thin metal,and take trail rash easy...

Last edited: