Mega Bloks Militia

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mega is back at Walmart. CoD, MotU and Halo carded figures, as well as xeno eggs.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Dat’s racist... I think..?

Probably lol

Though I'd say it's more.. xenophobic? Is there a world when you don't like people because of their culture alone, not race? It's like little Mexico over there, and no one speaks English and it's dirty. So of course I don't like going there. I don't not-like-them because they're Hispanic or Brown or anything.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Probably falls under some form of xeno. I know I’m that way about urban culture, from Manhattan to Compton. I don’t mind people speak the languages of other countries... in other countries. I do get annoyed when parts of the US become Englishless or even English challenged.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I visited my local WM and hit the jackpot. Lanard ALIENS, Mega Construx ALIENS eggs, some sort of "IT" head in a balloon....and the SW area STILL SUCKS. I haven't bought this many toys at once, at one store, in years. And what is it with just about every toy now being put in a container/bag with slime? The ALIENS egg and IT head come with this, that stuff is horrible to get rid of.

Anyway.....I now I said I doubted I'd get one of these eggs, but it was there, I was there, our eyes met....etc. MC....PLEASE make more ALIENS stuff!

P.S. The multi colored figures remind me of what ReAction is doing with their alien figures. I guess it makes sense since they are both dealing with collectors.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The eggs are coded for easy picking.
76TC - Orange/Grey
77TC - Green/GitD (barely)
78TC - Red/Black

And I agree about the slime. I've got a couple of the Crystal Creatures and that slime sticks to everything.

Reactions: Dropshipbob

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Wait.. those are NEW figures?? Why? How? When? How is there a market, now, of all times, for TOY-looking Aliens-ANYTHING? Are kids chomping at the bit for 30+ year old movie monsters?

I appreciate the effort.. but wtf?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, dunno who the market is, but they are novel. Hell, NECA is doing Kenner-style xenos and predators.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well this is completely unexpected.

YEIBOBO Special Forces 2inch Mini Action Figure with Military Weapons and Accessories - 6pcs Packed (Jedi Survival Series)

YEIBOBO Special Forces Mini Action Figure with Military Weapons and Accessories (Flying Tigers Team)

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
What do the MC Alien things look like? What are the lanyard aliens?

See attached photo, although you've probably done an image search by now.

Wait.. those are NEW figures?? Why? How? When? How is there a market, now, of all times, for TOY-looking Aliens-ANYTHING? Are kids chomping at the bit for 30+ year old movie monsters?

I appreciate the effort.. but wtf?

Many people have been saying just this....why aim THIS property at kids NOW? Who knows. Why did Kenner do the very same thing back in 1993? Even at that point, the property was almost ten years old, the demographic they were aiming at hadn't even been BORN when the movie originally hit theaters. But of course the difference now is, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some sort of ALIENS themed item. Maybe Lanard is just trying to ride the wave and cash in on the success. I would question why MC has run with the property, but the people who collect those figures are probably of an age that are old enough to remember having seen the movie in the first place.

Marketing....go figure.

Attachments

• Screen%20Shot%202019-12-21%20at%2012.48.58%20PM.png
    Screen%20Shot%202019-12-21%20at%2012.48.58%20PM.png
    561.2 KB · Views: 6

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well this is completely unexpected.

YEIBOBO Special Forces 2inch Mini Action Figure with Military Weapons and Accessories - 6pcs Packed (Jedi Survival Series)

YEIBOBO Special Forces Mini Action Figure with Military Weapons and Accessories (Flying Tigers Team)

Yeah, the Chinese have stepped up their bootlegging. There are knockoff Marvel heroes based on the MEga Construx figures, too.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I was at 5 Below this past weekend and saw some of the single carded Hero figures. Bought a Terminator endoskeleton and Hellboy, IMPULSE BUY! I love the endo, but dam the human skull it comes with is huge! Anyone got a spare Scareglow they don't want?

And with the release of the new ALIENS eggs, I'm beginning to wish I had picked up more oft he Colonial Marine figures to customize into different characters. And THEN I began to wish I had been into this line earlier so I might have amassed enough spare parts to make the non-military characters, Ripley, Burke, Bishop. The APC released by Lanard is almost a perfect size for the MC figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still waiting to see if wave 5 comes to my 5B, though I'm sure by the time I get there some scalper faggot will have grabbed all the blue xenos and Scareglows. I did pick up all of Mossman wave, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mossman (hairy chest mold, NO flocking) is in an all-MotU wave. Arnie T-800 was in wave 3, with the T-1000 and battle damaged Xenomorph, among others. I believe that was one of the waves that got skipped locally.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Still waiting to see if wave 5 comes to my 5B, though I'm sure by the time I get there some scalper faggot will have grabbed all the blue xenos and Scareglows. I did pick up all of Mossman wave, though.
How many blue Xeno's do you need? I offered all of the ones from my case to you guys back in september, and all I got was crickets...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Would anyone be interested in two aliens from one of those eggs? I *thought* I was getting different eggs, but ended up getting two that were identical...the red/black team.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
WOW!!! I would sell my 1:18 scale collection and collect only these if they were retail builds! AMAZING

Reactions: nacho