1:16 Trumpeter MRAP MaxxPro Model Kit

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well, after pcsguy88 decided to bite the bullet and get the 1:16 M-ATV MRAP kit for his JoyToy army, I figured I'd try the bigger brother, the MaxxPro.

Yes.. yes.. it's too big, but these things are huge anyway, so hopefully it doesn't look to comically oversized with the JoyToy & Joe figures. The M-ATV seemed to look pretty believable in pictures, so here's hoping.

Here's a cool video on assembling the beast.

It's not supposed to arrive for like 2 weeks, and then we'll be right in the middle of moving, but hopefully I can tackle the project in June. It'll be a nice distraction from everything else. Will post pics/updates as it happens!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
pretty sure I have seen this one assembled with figures...it works great. I just have not had the funds to drop on it....

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Maybe? The rusty tracks look legit, but photoshop and all that... who knows? If that MRAP size is legit, those things would be serious RPG magnets.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Queen of the battlefield baby! Outside the urban environment, there’s nothing more dominant.

MRAPs happened because of IEDs. Outside of that, they are pretty much a sore thumb.

Reactions: Sgt301

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Queen of the battlefield baby! Outside the urban environment, there’s nothing more dominant.

MRAPs happened because of IEDs. Outside of that, they are pretty much a sore thumb.

I was reading that they were looking to make the MaxxPro into a mobile command & control vehicle with a generator and communications stuff. That seems like a plausible use for them in other theaters. Seems like they're just too big to be easily (and cheaply) moved around.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
They could definitely work as C&C if they have enough interior space. I’d think a Buffalo would have more capacity for people and equipment though.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
M and C toys has everything. They fixed their website so it’s not shady anymore where previously they had to get back to you with a quote. It’s good now. They said it is coming out sometime this year in 2020. I’m very interested because it is the first company (toy wise) that is actually producing a military MRAP that’s not a model kit. I’m sure you’ll have to customize it because lack of detail but If the size is right you gona save way more cash then on a model kit. Might be worth the effort, there is a video floating around YouTube at china toy fair where they show the box for about 3 seconds. It looks pretty huge and legit

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
M and C toys has everything. They fixed their website so it’s not shady anymore where previously they had to get back to you with a quote. It’s good now. They said it is coming out sometime this year in 2020. I’m very interested because it is the first company (toy wise) that is actually producing a military MRAP that’s not a model kit. I’m sure you’ll have to customize it because lack of detail but If the size is right you gona save way more cash then on a model kit. Might be worth the effort, there is a video floating around YouTube at china toy fair where they show the box for about 3 seconds. It looks pretty huge and legit

Yeah I looked at their website.. crazy how the prices have raised. It's like $65 shipped for their tank, and $40 something for the APC.

The prices don't seem bad compared to eBay or whatever but seems way above what they used to be priced at Big Lots/etc. I wonder what the MRAP cost will be.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah I looked at their website.. crazy how the prices have raised. It's like $65 shipped for their tank, and $40 something for the APC.

The prices don't seem bad compared to eBay or whatever but seems way above what they used to be priced at Big Lots/etc. I wonder what the MRAP cost will be.

your right brother. Those were the days where a 20 dollar bill would take you far at big lots. Not so anymore. The shipping kind of sucks to but not at least assholes can’t charge 500 bucks for a su-27 on evil bay for a budget toy lol. I’m guessing it will be 40-50 bucks plus another 20 to 25 shipping unless they release it under click n play on amazon. If they do that they there won’t be shipping at all. I’ve always had a soft spot for PTE, even though they don’t have a crazy amount of details like old BBI , they are great for customs and size wise for 1/18 figures. Except their planes of course which are more on par with sky striker size but that’s understandable for a toy line

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Welp, CANADA canceled my order.. EH.

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit before I can get this kit. Found a place in the states that *MAY* still sell this, but going to look into some other moneysinks first...

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
This is impossible for my mind to accept:

View attachment 13247
Yeah, I remember the first time I saw an Abrams. My artillery unit was at Ft Pickett and we did a convoy and along the shoulder of the road was an Abrams and it looked smaller than what I would have thought. The old M60 tanks looked bigger.

Reactions: NSA

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_5127.jpegIMG_5565.jpegIMG_5563.jpegIMG_5568.pngIMG_5564.jpeg
I ordered this Toro Maxxpro from evil bay China 🇨🇳 earlier this year, maybe January or February. I didn’t receive it until mid to late June. There were numerous loose pieces floating around in the box and a bolt was missing from the front end. After weeks of correspondence with a customer service guy in Germany I got the missing bolt (odd sized) 🫠 I finally put it all back together and offer you some pictures of the vehicle and my observations. As you can see from the Marauders figure it is big enough to hold 1:18 figures and look okay. The truck has heft because it is RC and besides the motor there is a big battery in the rear area. The mirrors and handrails etc are fragile and will not take slamming into kitchen tables with grace. The motor is underpowered and when you gas it the truck will slowly respond and then burst into full steam which if you are in a small area makes driving it very difficult and anxiety inducing. You are constantly going from full throttle to full braking mode 🫣 Also did I mention that small parts can be easily snapped off just picking the truck up wrong to move it around. It is a delicate model with RC capabilities. I plan on putting a larger motor in it and upgrading the outside to make it more crash proof. Having said all that I still like this thing enough that I didn’t want to return it to the seller. It has great potential in the right hands, I hope this helps others out a wee bit in making your decision on ever buying the RC version.