1/18 Aircraft Dreams...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
So I finally got my office pretty much put back together after just about a year of it being in varying levels of storage since we moved out of our previous house and into this one and the requisite necessary construction this one needed. Thankfully, all my 1:18 scale vehicles survived it, with just a little dust and possibly a little heat wear (thankfully not showing at all thus far, save for some drooping of the Apache's rotors) to the plastic from being stored in the attic.

I got the planes (F-18, F-16 and F-14) and helos (AH-1W and AH-64) hung and the tanks and APCs (M1A1, M3 and LAV-25 - Thanks again for that replacement cannon, Daremo!) out and displayed atop my desk cabinet. Man, do these still display great! But, it did come with a little bittersweet. It makes me a sad panda that the iconic A-10 was never made. Similarly, nobody has made what would seem to be simpler - an F-22 Raptor or F-35 Lightning (assuming the internals weren't really built out/detailed). Seeing my beautiful birds hung again really made me really hungry for those.

If anybody knows of anybody out there making any of those three, detail and quality similar to the BBI Hornet and Viper, I'd scratch together significant cash to put one or all in my office.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The A-10 is always going to be a pipe dream I think.. I really can't wait to get a look at the finished Mi-24 Hind by Pickelhaube .. that'll be a really nice piece I bet.

I'd love an UH-1Y or AH-1Z or more international stuff.. but I wonder at the prices. I still want a Harrier, that seems like the perfect size..

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I would have wanted that Harrier about 5 years before it actually dropped. Having seen its replacement (F-35B), I just don't have the same interest now that I would have had then. I'd need to find it for a heck of a deal to pick it up now. But a properly detailed Lightning Bravo hung up in hover configuration in my office, that would make me giddy...

And yeah, the A-10 is the holy grail of 1:18 for me. I'd have a tough time passing a properly detailed 'Hog for any price I think.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
An MV-22 would be huge... and glorious! But only if there was a decent set of pilots and some Force Recon Marines to have rappelling out of it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
An MV-22 would be huge... and glorious.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Just saying. I felt like my office got much smaller, but much awesomer after I hung up my birds. I think you might need an open two level playroom to hang an Osprey... :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My "museum" has one square foot in the center that you stand in and spin around to view my claustrophobic collection. 😁

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
My office is much like that. It's not tiny, but by the time I got all those planes up with any sort of clearance from the walls, there's just enough space left for the also recently added ceiling fan in the middle to not knock the nose cones off them.

wolfwarrior690

The Wolf
Nov 18, 2016
Bowman, Georgia
Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

wolfwarrior690

The Wolf
Nov 18, 2016
Bowman, Georgia
So I finally got my office pretty much put back together after just about a year of it being in varying levels of storage since we moved out of our previous house and into this one and the requisite necessary construction this one needed. Thankfully, all my 1:18 scale vehicles survived it, with just a little dust and possibly a little heat wear (thankfully not showing at all thus far, save for some drooping of the Apache's rotors) to the plastic from being stored in the attic.

I got the planes (F-18, F-16 and F-14) and helos (AH-1W and AH-64) hung and the tanks and APCs (M1A1, M3 and LAV-25 - Thanks again for that replacement cannon, Daremo!) out and displayed atop my desk cabinet. Man, do these still display great! But, it did come with a little bittersweet. It makes me a sad panda that the iconic A-10 was never made. Similarly, nobody has made what would seem to be simpler - an F-22 Raptor or F-35 Lightning (assuming the internals weren't really built out/detailed). Seeing my beautiful birds hung again really made me really hungry for those.

If anybody knows of anybody out there making any of those three, detail and quality similar to the BBI Hornet and Viper, I'd scratch together significant cash to put one or all in my office.
Well I have an F-35A that I made and an AH-1Z that I made from the 21st Century AH-1W that I made when all I had where photos of the prototype and I have'nt had the time to update it and still have alot to do on the F-35 New Wing and some other things.IMG_2399.JPGIMG_2402.JPGIMG_2404.JPGIMG_2445 (1).JPGIMG_2446.JPG

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, they'd find some way to rationalize price gouging. "Supply and demand" even though we know demand is low. Wait, they wouldn't justify anything.
- Just charge too much
- few buy them
- no further jets are made

We are here-->---->----^

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I still think 21st showed off that F-4 just to cock-block Admiral. I could go on all day about what I'd like to see in the scale, but a Bell 47D and CH-34 are way up there. MiG-29 for a small footprint, modernish fighter.

Oh, and an Tu-22M for the lulz.

Feb 11, 2018

DaleKrumm

Jul 29, 2018
Jeez. It was supposed to be Dream Aircraft not Dream Air Force.

All the same, I could go for a Macchi Mc.205 to go along with my dream aircraft.