Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I have finally fiinished it.

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Thats a hell of a ride Pickel, and she does look good, how many pieces are in the kit
TheHun

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
She's a beaut, I wish I had the scratch. I guess I will just have to make due with you AWESOME HO-229!!!;)

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Anyone who has one of these kits, I would like to know how many pieces is in the kit.
TheHun

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Anyone who has one of these kits, I would like to know how many pieces is in the kit.
TheHun

I have not kitted the T-34/85 yet but by making the top of the tracks in one piece I cut out about 150 parts. Tracks and pins.

So I am thinkining about 200 parts .

After the usual hassle of cleaning up the flash the build goes pretty fast.

SINGLE TRACK LINKS WILL TAKE YOU ABOUT 3 HRS TO CLEAN AND ASSEMBLE PER SIDE :eek:

By changing to the long links on the top and bottom. It took me about an hour to clean and assemble BOTH SIDES :)

I would say that it will take about a day to sand and assemble the kit. And how ever long it will take you to paint it.;)

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Any ideas on the upcoming HMMWV kit? Also.. is there any plans for a proper HMMWV push bar? God I wish I had about 10 of those.

The HUMVEE project is a little stalled right now. The molds for my last turret are history and I need to make a new one. That turret will be the bases for the new one because I do not want to alter the master of the original.

When I start that up I will make a proper bumper and correct grill for the 21st Hum.

As well as a door package and maybe some other stuff.

I need to get the T-34 kitted and get started on my upcoming Ho-229 project.

The Horten will be a long project and I have full intentions of fitting in the Humvee as best I can.

Hopefully the Humvee will be a quicky to get out .

But we all know how that goes.:rolleyes:

I have bumped the 105 Howitzer till after the Horten project.

I need at least a week to finish the Howiter and then I need to mold kit up.

The Hum will hopefully be just alterations. We shall see on that.

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
I have not kitted the T-34/85 yet but by making the top of the tracks in one piece I cut out about 150 parts. Tracks and pins.

So I am thinkining about 200 parts .

After the usual hassle of cleaning up the flash the build goes pretty fast.

SINGLE TRACK LINKS WILL TAKE YOU ABOUT 3 HRS TO CLEAN AND ASSEMBLE PER SIDE :eek:

By changing to the long links on the top and bottom. It took me about an hour to clean and assemble BOTH SIDES :)

I would say that it will take about a day to sand and assemble the kit. And how ever long it will take you to paint it.;)

thanks, that what i was looking for, I got a kit on the way now, I just needed to get some idea about what it was gonna take to build it.

AJWW2

Enlisted
Sep 8, 2011
NY
I don't understand, what are kits? do you make stuff and then sell them in kits? How did you get the slightly bumpy metal effect on the turret? How do you get this stuff anyway? do you cast them somehow? If so, how do you make the molds?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I don't understand, what are kits? do you make stuff and then sell them in kits? How did you get the slightly bumpy metal effect on the turret? How do you get this stuff anyway? do you cast them somehow? If so, how do you make the molds?

You have a whole lot of questions.

1. This model is it kit form. Kind of like a model kit you would buy at a hobby shop.
2. Almost every piece on this kit is scratch built by me .
3. The texture on the turret is supposed to emulate a rough cast style turret. I use Bondo glazing putty on the master.
4. After making all of the parts I broke everything down and made my own moulds with RTV. ( Room Temperature Vulcanizing rubber )

It took my over a month to make the master and about 2 weeks to make the moulds. There is about 300 parts in this kit.