1:18th V-22!! (RC)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
(this is news to me)

its no JSI or Bbi beauty queen, but my guess is its the only time we'll EVER see an Osprey in 1:18th scale...what it lacks in detail though it makes up for in its ability to fly...

its available in different kits from basic to totally bada$$...save yer pennies V-22 fans...

http://www.rotormast.com/rm/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=196

it looks so freak'n awesome flying!...he pics it up at the end of the video so you can see how big it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySVGx71SSI

BTW, it's going for around $1500-$2000 :(

Attachments

• 1-rotormast-v-22-osprey-tilt-rotor-kit.jpg
    1-rotormast-v-22-osprey-tilt-rotor-kit.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
prety cool, and honestly when you are into rc it gets expensive. I've got a few nice helis that all cost around that price. I've got pics of an r/c 1/16 c-130, i'll have to post the pics, it was alot smaller than i thoght, wingpsan about the same as length of a uss falgg.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Yikes....wayyyy to much cash for that. Would love to get my hands on the body/wings/engine nacelles to make a 1:18 swoosher.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I just imagine Joes jumping out of the back... (sniff, sniff)... I'll probably never even get the Chap Mei one. Cruel, cruel fate.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
No doubt Weasel. My friend just got a $450 RC truck and in less than a week broke some gears and a servo motor, yikes!

thats the good thing about cars and helis though, if something goes wrong it is only parts to fix it, whereas with a plane, chances are it will be nearly a cmplete loss.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thats the good thing about cars and helis though, if something goes wrong it is only parts to fix it, whereas with a plane, chances are it will be nearly a cmplete loss.

I saw a very large R/C Mi-24, and i can assure you that if it eats it it won't be just a parts fix.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I saw a very large R/C Mi-24, and i can assure you that if it eats it it won't be just a parts fix.

Well yeah, that is true. Same thing with a 1/3 r/c alouete I saw, but if it was something mass produced, you can save your $1500 heli with $120 parts.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
prety cool, and honestly when you are into rc it gets expensive. I've got a few nice helis that all cost around that price. I've got pics of an r/c 1/16 c-130, i'll have to post the pics, it was alot smaller than i thoght, wingpsan about the same as length of a uss falgg.

this one?...i'd love to have one...listen to the HT sissies cry about how it will hurt their wrists...pussies...i could totally fly that around one-armed :D

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Thats pretty aesome, I wonder what scale that is. I also saw a movie prop 1/6 R/C B-17, that was badass!

1/6 b-17

1/16 c-130

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
1/9th C-17

September 20, 2006

Monster Globemaster

Steve F R (sorry, Steve) send these images of the largest hobbyist R/C craft I've seen. (7 images total - all pop-ups.)
This 1/9th scale radio-controlled C-17 model was built in the United Kingdom. To date it has about 20 flights. It was built as the centerpiece of a 15-program television series produced in the U.K. for the Home and Leisure satellite TV channel. Built with the aid of three friends, it took one year to build and is powered with 4 Jetcat P-120 turbines with a total thrust of 108 lbs. The models weighs over 250 lbs fuelled and carries 12.5 liters (3.3 US gallons) of 95% kerosene and 5% turbine oil fuel.
Other details include 5 Futaba PCM receivers, 16 battery packs (93 cells), 20 Futaba servos, on -board air compressor, electro/pneumatic retracts, etc. Wingspan is 20 feet 8 inches and the top of the fin is 74 inches (6 feet 2 inches) above the ground. Takeoff weight is 264 lbs.

The rear cargo doors open and they drop an r/c jeep on a pallet, as well as 2 free-fall r/c parachutists. The model also has smoke systems both of the inboard turbines, and uses 2.4 GHz data link to provide real-time data to a laptop computer on the ground while in flight; this data includes airspeed, turbine RPM, EGT, fuel consumption, etc. It is covered in fiberglass and epoxy resin. Built mainly from balsa and ply, with many glass and carbon fiber moldings to reduce weight, this C-17 Globemaster III is one of the largest jet models in the world today! Complete with retractable landing gear and pneumatically operated flaps.

The four builders are shown in the image above. Colin Straus, the owner, is at the nose of the aircraft.