1337W422102's Custom Games Entry

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
So, it's some kind of one-on-one deathmatch, is it? What better custom to enter but one from the game that birthed the term "deathmatch"?

Here's the custom figure I made. He's the player character space marine from id Software's classic, timeless DOOM, which turns 20 this December.

For those of you who are too young to know (and you're up past your bedtime), the Doom Space Marine hails from a time when action gaming characters were manly men, they could hold more than two weapons, they didn't rely on thrown objects, they didn't die from a single punch to the back of their powered armour, they could run and shoot at the same time, and, perhaps most surprisingly, they never hid like pussies behind conveniently-placed chest-high objects while waiting for their eyes to stop bleeding.

When the Union Aerospace Corporation began its Martian operation, everyone knew what to expect: mining for that volatile radioactive energy source with an overly-long hyphenated name, and the development of more of those government-contract weapons. No one knew why USMC Space Marines were called in when something went wrong in the Phobos facility. Or what they'd find.

The Gates were there when the UAC arrived. Unspeakably ancient technology they thought they could master. And sure, the teleportation technology worked, for a while. Until the tear between dimensions opened. Until the demons came out of the Gates.

Phobos was overrun. The Marines were killed, reanimated to serve the demon legions. But one survived and finds himself knee-deep in the dead. And he's going to send these demon bastards right back to Hell.

Now naturally, a squeaky-clean Doom Marine would just be vulgar, so I weathered him up pretty hard. Clearly, he's been through Episode 4 on Ultra-Violence, or Nightmare!

Just like in the game, he uses the pistol with his left hand.

I had to modify both of his arms and the shotgun butt so that he could hold it. Totally worth it.

I had to give him the chainsaw. Obligatory.

I didn't make him a chaingun or plasma rifle, but he does have--

--the Holy Grail of Firepower. The BFG-9000.

If you're interested in the recipe:
  • Body: Pursuit of Cobra Hawk
  • Head: 25th Anniversary Copperhead
  • Armour: 25th Anniversary old-style Zartan
  • Belt: Pursuit of Cobra Hawk
  • Chainsaw: 25th Anniversary Buzzer
  • Pistol: standard-issue 25th Anniversary sidearm that came with any Snake-Eyes webgear figure
  • Shotgun: 5-Pack Flint
  • BFG-9000: cobbled together out of the spring-loaded dildo launchers that came with Rise of Cobra Storm Shadow, Rise of Cobra Helix, and Retaliation Storm Shadow

And here's a treat for you. If you aren't familiar with the notorious DOOM comic, you can (and should) check it out here. I've paid tribute to the infamous DOOM comic by making my own. Enjoy.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Holy Shiiiitt!

You get a Gold Star for presentation!!!

The figure is real nice but the FC and Comic really top it off!

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
A bonus comic?!...heck yes!!
YOU get a comic, and YOU get a comic, and YOU get a comic--

Holy Shiiiitt!

You get a Gold Star for presentation!!!

The figure is real nice but the FC and Comic really top it off!
I was even going to make some fake packaging in the vein of the Aliens figure line, with co-sells on the back, like "Motorized Pinkie Demon," "Deluxe Electronic Cyberdemon," and "R/C Spider Mastermind."

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
Well done. Nice blood wash
Thanks! I ended up giving him two blood washes. The first was a flat red that I hoped would give a caked-on sort of dried gore look. The second, well, I let a jar of enamel red paint sit for a looong time so it separated, with the red at the bottom and the oily shit on top. I washed on the oily bit to give it that glistening fresh-blood look.

ah damn, Numbers brought it too with a classic.

We got a kick ass dio comic as well. presentation is higher than an A+
Thanks a lot! I needed a Halloween issue. Figured this would fit the bill!

great job numbers! Love the comic!
Thanks, man! As Monkeywrench will attest, it took me a few days to get that comic done, but it was worth it.

Fuck yeah! Doom FTW!
We're knee-deep in the dead, brother!