2014 East Coast Custom Con

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA

Official Dates are:

Oct. 9th - 12th (9th will be evening set-up)
Same place as last year -

Radisson Hotel
1150 Camp Hill Byp
Camp Hill, PA

All event Pass $30
Day Pass $15

Any 118th member attending the Con and donates a minimum of $100 to the event, will receive a custom figure using unique/exclusive parts... built right there at the event!

Workshops will focus on "building a modern soldier" - everything from picking body parts, to weapons and gear. Custom parts will be available! Make sure you bring your customizing supplies - paints, dremel, etc.

Custom Figure Contest! That's right... put what you learn from "the build" to work!

Modern Warfare Survival Game! Same basic mechanics of last years turn-based "Heroic-Quest" game. How many waves of enemy troops can you survive???

The game is based on MW3 Survival Mode. You (up to 4 players) will have to survive waves of increasingly difficult forces. C4 dogs, claymores, Juggernauts (bitch!), and attack helo's to name a few. (waves will not be indefinite, obviously)

There will be armory crates which will allow players to purchase weapons, explosives, and air support. Yes! ~air support~ 130 gunship anyone? Ohhh... I can't wait for that one to get played.

Anyone wishing to play the game, may create a custom figure for their player character prior to the Con. Be advised however - players figure will start the game with pre-selected starting weapon. Whatever gear you put on your character is OK, since it doesn't play a true part in the gameplay. (Players can also create a player at the Con, if they choose. (That's a given, but thought I'd throw it in)

If we have any survivors/winners, the spoils of war go to the victors! (prizes :D)

Firefight! Deploy your troops on the large scale battleground dio. Great chance to show off your troops in action! Major photo ops.

Exclusive prizes, raffles, and general mayhem!

Exclusive Con figure "SOAR/Night Stalker" will be available! Pre-assembled and everything!

(actual cast figure shown, price TBD)

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Yes please. I'm down already. I may be able to get a friend to show up too. He's more of a dealer though.

Same place? I liked the hotel room I had.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be grabbing a room there again. People who need to can crash there.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Talked to sales manager today, about same event room and same date as last. Looking at the same Thursday - Sunday time frame, we might have to have it in Sept, or a little later in Oct. She's going to check a few things, and get back to me with feasible dates.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'm in and willing to help cover cost of room rental...probably get a hotel room this year to actually bring some stuff to work on and can stay longer

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I don't know how much it might effect you, but COIL Con is Sept 13th.

It wouldn't affect the con at all. That's a collector convention in IN. This is a customizer convention in PA. Most of the guys that were there last time are in that part of the US. The coil con is a lot closer for me but I'd choose the custom con over it any day.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
So it looks like the best available time frame is Oct.30 - Nov. 2.

Hopefully this works for everyone, and maybe we could have a costume contest! :thumbsup:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Well I'm out...can't squeeze in Joes when there are 7 year olds and candy to be looted.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
So I'm talking with Jackson this evening and he was asking about the custom con (the place where the gi joes were and we played the game where I was a wizard and defeated the dragon and Mr. Mike saved the girl (creative license on the memory)). I said well they are having another one (Can we go??!!!), but it's during halloween. So you wouldn't get to trick or treat (too bad Livi can't take two bags). I said well if you want to go we could work something out - they are talking about having a costume contest (I'm going to go as Minecraft! How are you going as an exe file? Nevermind.) So then he says maybe I'll go as a Call of Duty soldier or maybe one from Battlefield. (sounds better).

So if I can keep up the excitement, manage expectations, and we do indeed have a costume content, we could be there.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I won't be showing up til Friday...but will be there by the 10am start. I plan on leaving around midnight or so.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The day will depend on how my work schedule is than. At some point, my shifts are changing and Sunday becomes an off day for me. Right now Sat and Sun I work. Either way I plan to schedule one day off on the weekend. If I am off Sundays by than, I will schedule that Sat off, if not I will have to choose which day. Friday being Halloween is most likely a no-go or only a half day.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I hope you can make it for a couple days Medd. I'd like to hang out more.

This year, as I know some of you better now, I'll be more social.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I won't be attending either way so this observation may seem invalid but it appears having it over a holiday weekend is a mistake. I don't believe having it during Halloween is the best for attendance.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
It's not set in stone, merely the first available dates. I'll take another look this week, and see if I can move it to something better.

Trust me... I understand the Halloween thing.