a little head?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Hell yeah! I'll thank everyone. I saw that head used before but had no firm idea where it came from. I thought it was from that movie 5-pack at Target.

^
I have that set too..but they're fine how they are for what they are..it's $5.99 at dirt cheap in Alabama& $7.99 at burnie sholmans in Ohio.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Here are some of the heads on some bodies. Not really good bases for the heads I have but those were some that I had with me.

Half shell hero Raph
Lego Bart
TF Mudflap

Attachments

• heads scale.jpg
    heads scale.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 66

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
S.L.U.G. Zombies had a couple figures that you could probably harvest for 1:18 figures. I have a couple but don't know where they are at the moment to show size comparisons. Most of them had heads that were just a bit too small to be useful though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I went to Dollar Tree to get some more, but they had been replaced with NFL shot glasses. FML.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012

WWE DG Figures work great, Rey and Orton might only work on tiny, tiny bodies. Taker looks awesome on a Roadblock body.

SWG has the Halo Avatar helmets in his store, those are awesome! SWG, do you have series 2?

The WWE Rumblers, I thought I had pics saved of some of them, but I guess they were on my phone. Some of those are great, some not so much..
EDIT: Found the pics, they were ones I sent to a friend when I found them...

I think the other one was Ultimate Warrior, lol.. I didn't bother with him because of his big 80s hair-do.

McFarlane NFL blind bags, some could work, but most are too stylized.

There were some comic book packs at TRU that had Stan Lee and I forget.. one of the recent directors... sigh, anyway, VCA has the Stan Lee head in his shop. Not sure on the Director who's name I can't recall...EDIT: Joss Weadon

MC11

Actually, it looks like he has quite a few heads that came from various PVC sets that work. If you've ever seen those little PVC sets that were big about 5-10 years ago in comic shops...
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf2007/images/darkhorse/darkhorse36.jpg

He's got some of those too:
NC43

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some of the DG WWF figures work. I've got Brodus Clay and he definitely needs a bigger buck (think MU Hercules) to work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nah, it's a separate piece. I actually intended to buy another to liberate the trilby but never got around to it.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I jumped on the BigLots's set bandwagon too, lol..

I didn't bother with Bats, as the Movie 4" one is almost the same. I didn't see the Superman and Wonderwoman set. If I do, I'll snag that one too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That Bane set up is pretty ace.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Anne Hathaway head on the Pfeiffer body. I suppose I could just do that myself, though.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I jumped on the BigLots's set bandwagon too, lol..

I didn't bother with Bats, as the Movie 4" one is almost the same. I didn't see the Superman and Wonderwoman set. If I do, I'll snag that one too.

Yeah, I didnt see Superman set either.

2.50 for these things was a steal. I'll use each head on a custom. The Catwoman is fantastic!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

These are in the electronics department for some reason? there's so many I'm sure they'll be a few dollars in no time, lol

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
There are also some Disney World "Playsets" that have some heads that could be used. These are more animated in nature but there are some sets from Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel, and some others that include more realistic sculpting.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's probably total height. Eaglemoss is known for their lead figures.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Attack on Titan blind bag figures.

These may or may not be usable. Its hard to tell with these blind bag figures.

I like the look of the skin-less guy so I'll be taking a chance on these and post some pics once they come in.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Dang, I had hope for that Robocop. Any chance you would be able to take a comparison picture?

I've already gotten rid of him. I didn't open it, but just from pulling the figure out of the shipping box I could tell it was no good. It's a weird size - too big for MU scale but too small for ML scale. Might work well with something McFarlane sized. So if you want Stallone to become a Walking Dead cast member, now's your chance.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I was strolling through TRU today and ran across a couple types of figures that may have some usable heads for creature and zombie type figures.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=beyblade+warriors&sprefix=beyblade+wa%2Ctoys-and-games%2C195&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3Abeyblade+warriors"]Amazon.com: beyblade warriors: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fEqFM388L.@@AMEPARAM@@41fEqFM388L[/ame] Beyblade Warriors- They are a "top" fighting game. I've been waiting for those to go on clearance for a while to see how their heads would work.

I picked up 2. This one was a hawk type character. He'll need a bit of work hut its at least the right size.

They also had some 2" fighter things called Mutant Mania that came in soda type cans. They heads are separate so they wont need too much work. there are 120 different figures so I'll have to look into those a bit more to see if they have some viable heads. They were a bit on the smaller side but could work on a small body.

Attachments

• beyblade_scale.jpg
    beyblade_scale.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah it does look a little like that style. I still like that wolf guy's head but I'm not sure how well it would fit on a regular 1:18 figure.

This is kinda what I'm thing for for the bird head and arms.

Attachments

• bag_beyblade.jpg
    bag_beyblade.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 50

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
John Deere gear action force
Catalog page 12

I saw some John Deere figures similar to Imaginext that had pretty good face sculpts and seemed to be a good fit for 1:18 figures.

They do look a little more animated but could still be a good source for comic styled customs.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I saw these Safari Toobs the other day at Hobby Lobby. They are scaled more towards 1:12 but still look pretty cool.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy

Last edited: