Acid Rain Soft Goods Camo

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Soft goods camo test inspired by an instagram post Kit put up maybe a year ago.

Used a swatch of fabric from Ricraynor's spoonflower shop.

ricraynor'''s shop on Spoonflower: fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap

Does he post here? I'm guessing not, b/c everything is pretty much 1/6 scaled, but it worked for my Acid Rain experiment regardless.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Which material did you use? It doesn't look bad at all. I'm wondering how broadcloth would work on these things? It might need to be worked a bit first, but it seems to work for LEGO customs.

I still intend to get one of these one day and experiment with 1:18 zeltbahnen. I think the AR things actually benefit from soft goods elements.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
We're in Livonia/Westland. We've got a lot of friends and family in and around AA though. Milan, Ypsilanti, Saline, Belleville. It's opened rather recently, but there's a great new'ish BBQ place down the street from the mall...Old Carolina. They have fantastic brisket!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Very nice. I'm digging the soft goods on figures...too many times guys try it and the fabric looks way off but this is really good. Speaking of which, not sure if Obi ever posted pics of his custom Batman with the cape made out of microfiber but Dang....that was a work of brilliance.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Thanks for the compliment!

I haven't seen Obi's Batman work. If he posted it here, I'll have to give it a search.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Finished some Acid Rain style WW2 era Germans.

Does anyone have a spare 1/18 Fallschirmjäger helmet lying around? I'd like to swap out the center guy's helmet with the proper paratrooper helmet.

Enjoy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He approves, though I definitely like your mask better.

There was only one release of FJs, and as far as I know the helmets haven't been cast. That said, you should be able to trim up that M35/M42 to pass as an M38 FJ helmet.

Last edited:

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Thanks man. It's the same head I used for my Russian troops.

Your german soldier is absolutely gorgeous. You should show off some more photos.

Do you need one of those heads, Tiger? I'd be happy to send one your way. Otherwise, Daremo has a mold made from my master copy.