Acid Rain World 1:18th Toys

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Only figures, no mechs? Man, that's like planning to just feel your Prom date's titties instead of going all the way!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Outside of the Flak Bike and the Partitionschlepper that is never gonna see the light of day, I don't find the vehicles all that interesting. The appeal for me is definitely the figures and setting.

They're better than Hasbro's Joe junk, though. I really wish these were out 10 years ago when you could get cheap, proper 1:18 vehicles. With some mods and new paint they'd fall right into the setting.

Greycap

Enlisted
Jun 10, 2014
Louisiana
Outside of the Flak Bike and the Partitionschlepper that is never gonna see the light of day, I don't find the vehicles all that interesting. The appeal for me is definitely the figures and setting.

They're better than Hasbro's Joe junk, though. I really wish these were out 10 years ago when you could get cheap, proper 1:18 vehicles. With some mods and new paint they'd fall right into the setting.

"Partitionschlepper" ... Is that another name for the Chapel?

The Chapel, that's the mech I'm waiting for.
I only have Bob also; (and some heads and gear I got from Daremo, before he stopped selling parts).

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Have we seen that the Chapel TFs? All I've ever seen is that the one tank tread unit folds under to become the driver's step-stairs. It's been my long-time assumption the hold-up is the teeny-tiny connections between the expanding wall partitions.

As an owner of a Mean Green Marine Stronghold and Raptor, you guys are missing out on orgasmically good toys.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Your hyperbole about those vehicles aside, I really do need to pull the trigger on one of the figures and retrofit it to something that feels WWII-themed.

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
Yeah, man. I'm with you. The vehicles are ok, but they aren't worth the price at all for me. I have my own idea of Acid Rain anyway, which I'm sure isn't perfectly in line with Kit Lau's vision.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Their look/designs may be okay, and that's simply a matter of individual tastes; but they are absolutely the finest-made toys I've ever owned. After the first waves of Stronghold tanks went out, Mr Kit figured out how to make the tank treads fully articulated and sent out replacement kits free of charge to everyone around the world that asked. I defy you to name another creator with that much dedication to his product and his customer's enjoyment of it. The hyperbole on that front is entirely warranted.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Their look/designs may be okay, and that's simply a matter of individual tastes; but they are absolutely the finest-made toys I've ever owned. After the first waves of Stronghold tanks went out, Mr Kit figured out how to make the tank treads fully articulated and sent out replacement kits free of charge to everyone around the world that asked. I defy you to name another creator with that much dedication to his product and his customer's enjoyment of it. The hyperbole on that front is entirely warranted.

Well, that's a pretty big part of each individual's collecting habits, innit? I won't argue the quality point, as I haven't got any first-hand experience with them, but I have yet to hear a bad word about any of the items in the line. Outside of price gripes, at any rate.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Couple more shots from me lol

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, but the four vehicles released so far are pretty variegated in design style, imho. I find it hard to believe they're all 100% unappealing.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
If I had the extra cash, I would definitely pick up the vehicles. I've seen the Stronghold and Speeder in person, and they were just awesome. I can only imagine how cool the Laurel and Raptor are.

Great photos Shady!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's a multiple point issue for me. I've never been enamoured with either mecha OR transforming toys, so that's 2 strikes right out of the gate. I was also an army aviation brat, so if it doesn't beat the sky into submission it has to look fucking killer for me to bite. Nothing in the line so far has, though Chapel would have been a damn strong contender. They really should scrap the partition gimmick and redo it as an APC. The partition never made much sense anyway.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I've never been a fan of diesel punk post-apocalyptic stuff. Also, grad school don't pay for itself.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Mr Kit has said he's got air vehicles/mecha on the drawing board, but all I've seen is a Laural jumptrooper with a parachute. I'm hoping for it to be an orbital version. I:ve got a Stronghold and Raptor, but haven't had the scratch for a Laurel yet. I only want a Speeder II if it comes in Mean Marine Green, but Kit says they don't work well in woodlands so he has no plans to repaint it. I think that's dumb.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I might actually spring for something like that plane.

I've got a 190 in pieces that I should be turning into an Acid Rain bird. Just lack the ability I guess.

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Most cool indeed. I gotta clean this house out to make room to practice my diorama playset skills, dammit. I shoulda played the PowerBall.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At the very least we need the webbing. It really wouldn't be hard to turn him into a fallschirmjäger with those knee pads.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
If Daremo's schedule is free, I'm happy to lend my webbing for casting whenever I get this thing in hand.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks! That would be a nice link for him to put in his sig.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yellow "Worker" and rusted "Corpse" Laurel's up for preorder:

Laurel Worker - Acid Rain Vehicles
Laurel Corpse - Acid Rain Vehicles

"Corpse" could have used some damage. Couple of AP round holes would have been nice, maybe some scorching from where the fuel or ammo cooked-off. Gonna want to see the dead guy's head get cast. The body looks like just a regular Bucks Team body sans any gear or special paint apps.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I dunno, there's lots of others stuff I'd like to get for $114, like the powerloader by NECA.

Or the powerloader by HIYA.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kind of wish they'd release the pilot body as a stand-alone figure. I just finished a gnarly head sculpt repaint that would work for a KIAed Laurel operator custom. Maybe they'll release it with the Flak Bike.