Acid Rain World 1:18th Toys

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dammit, I was considering using a Hiya German as the base for an ARW figure. Sold out at BBTS.

Looks like I've got another Pegasus Gee Bee Z on my hands.

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
Those are alot cheaper than fleabay....I ended up getting about 6 SW figures loose for around $50...maybe next week i'll order from BBTS

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
If you decide to order from BBTS, when you make your account, turn on Pile of Loot ordering. It's off by default. This allows you to buy stuff and have it put on a shipping "hold" in the warehouse till you decide to ship. This allows you to slowly buy a bunch of items and put them in your Pile Of Loot until you have enough in there to make the shipping cost worth it. Once you are ready, you hit ship and pay only ONE shipping cost for all the items you had previously bought.

Edit - No additional cost for using the BBTS Pile of Loot system and it saves you money. Love it!

Last edited:

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Dammit, I was considering using a Hiya German as the base for an ARW figure. Sold out at BBTS.

Looks like I've got another Pegasus Gee Bee Z on my hands.

Man, those figures looks sweet! I see there are some reviews on here that I need to read...

There are sets of 6 on eBay from China for $59.99 and free shipping, BTW.

As for Acid Rain, my Bob gets here today. I see that Entertainment Earth has them as well as a free shipping for bigger orders. Has anyone bought from them?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
yeah, I have bought from EE many many times. Ebay, BBTS, and EE are my first look sites to buy from always. EE gets exclusives as well. Years ago, they had the final SW Expanded Universe Comic packs. Wave with Darth Nihl.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not talking about the ARW figures. You posted before I did, screwing up the flow. :D

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
I have been considering EE's Bob on Ebay for a couple days. He's less than $35 shipped.

EDIT: Just bought him.

Man, those figures looks sweet! I see there are some reviews on here that I need to read...

There are sets of 6 on eBay from China for $59.99 and free shipping, BTW.

As for Acid Rain, my Bob gets here today. I see that Entertainment Earth has them as well as a free shipping for bigger orders. Has anyone bought from them?

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
The collection has begun:

Here they are fitting in pretty damn well with the dudes I've been making, and a fodder Mech for a set of customs I'm making:

I gotta say, my initial "whatever" impression has worn off. The Steel and Infantry dudes are really great. I'll be ordering more, perhaps next month if the ARAH stuff I have up on the 'bay, sells.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
They look fantastic in your dio!

Thanks, Eddie! I agree, I think they fit it well... I just discovered another really cool line of figures from ThreeA, World War Robot or something, but they're 1:12 scale. Man, these are the figures and characters I used to daydream and wish for as a kid.

I'm itching to build more onto this dio now that I've amassed so many figures, but I just don't have the room.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fellas with both, how do these guys fit in our 1:18 vehicles? I imagine they'd look good peeking out of a Tiger I or Panther. Fitting them in the cockpit of WWII birds will be a tight squeeze, but they should be good to go in helos, yes?

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Fellas with both, how do these guys fit in our 1:18 vehicles? I imagine they'd look good peeking out of a Tiger I or Panther. Fitting them in the cockpit of WWII birds will be a tight squeeze, but they should be good to go in helos, yes?

I don't have much in the way of vehicles, but they fit well in what I do have:

I can tell you that with their articulation and range of movement, they're MUCH easier to get in and get posed well than regular Joes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the Joe and PTE stuff err on the roomier side. I think you could get a full crew of these in the Tiger.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The collection has begun:

Here they are fitting in pretty damn well with the dudes I've been making, and a fodder Mech for a set of customs I'm making:

I gotta say, my initial "whatever" impression has worn off. The Steel and Infantry dudes are really great. I'll be ordering more, perhaps next month if the ARAH stuff I have up on the 'bay, sells.

That's just cool as shit!

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
I was gonna just limit myself to just WW2 era figures and a few Star War's. Dammit these are getting more tempting to buy!!!!!! lol

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Well, dammitt, I just bought a Bucks Team Steel figure.

What the hell is wrong with me.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The Sol is tempting...but he's too bland for me. I'm interested in an Augurts too...but they're sold out.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Sweet! Definitely getting Jack. Heres what I got so far. I mix in some of my ThreeA cause they go together well.

Bob
4 Yogurts
4 Steel
2 Sol Commanders

I kind of want a Raptor... but I don't want to spend $80... a little too steep for me.

Yogurts! Ha.
Yea, the vehicle/robot transformer things look incredibly awesome, but that's a lot of money. I reckon the craftsmanship is worthy of the price tag, but I'll have to get rid of a bunch more Joe stuff to justify buying the Stronghold and MKII Speeder I want. For now, I'm just modding other vehicles to match the aesthetic I have going on, and that these ARW guys fit into so well.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Don't be fooled by the plastic. It is soft, but man is it durable. I don't know how they found the right mixture while Hasbro and others are still dicking around with three different types.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Don't be fooled by the plastic. It is soft, but man is it durable. I don't know how they found the right mixture while Hasbro and others are still dicking around with three different types.

It is durable lol, I dropped on of these suckers off a 30 ft. Quarry, barely a scratch lol! Imagine a new Gi Joe, that fucker would have been in a thousand tin parts!

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Here's a few Soil ghosts I'm working on, still need to change some hands and feet, do some painting but these are my prototypes, got some capes and other stuff in the mail I'm waiting on to, does anyone know who can sculpt a female head to look like Arissa from Defiance ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
So yeah.. My new Camera is the SHIT!

Snapped thsese up - enjoy..

Also cast a Bob head, and helmet and made a Helmeted Bob (from the blog story we know before he died he was a regular Agurts soldier..)