Acid Rain World 1:18th Toys

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
These got here fast. Toynami shop is pretty quick. Here is a better picture of the card art for those that are interested. So, the army men guys have been on my to do list for forever but I stopped customizing for a while. These were able to fill that gap nicely. They are pretty cool but I don't see what all the buzz is about these guys.

Anywhoo, I don't really need 3 Green Army Men.

Attachments

• acid_rain_army_men_art_sm.jpg
    acid_rain_army_men_art_sm.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
  • acid_rain_army_men.jpg
    acid_rain_army_men.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 161

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
An incredibly clever and appropriate exclusive, as opposed to bullshit exclusives like movie accurate Destro.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I was talking Acid Rain figures in general. I mean they are very nicely articulated but the sculpt is kind of simple. I guess with all they hype these things have I was expecting more. I have only seen the solid green figures so I can't really say anything about the weathering that is supposed to be phenomenal. I do think the green Army Men are brilliant though. That has to be one of the best convention exclusives I have seen. Although, I'm not sure why we needed a 3 pack.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
I was talking Acid Rain figures in general. I mean they are very nicely articulated but the sculpt is kind of simple. I guess with all they hype these things have I was expecting more. I have only seen the solid green figures so I can't really say anything about the weathering that is supposed to be phenomenal. I do think the green Army Men are brilliant though. That has to be one of the best convention exclusives I have seen. Although, I'm not sure why we needed a 3 pack.

I disagree man, this is now my fav line!

Bob is fucking Mental mate

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Bob does look pretty awesome. I've got him on pre-order at the moment so I may change my mind once I have a fully painted ARW figure. I think it is the solid green that is making the aesthetics seem a bit simple. Its a great concept and has superb articulation but i was just expecting more from it I guess. I do look forward to getting Bob though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lots of very cool stuff shown at Toy Soul in Hong Kong the other day, including the prototype of the Flak Bike.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I think it is the solid green that is making the aesthetics seem a bit simple. Its a great concept and has superb articulation but i was just expecting more from it I guess. I do look forward to getting Bob though.

I think that's part of the problem, the plain green doesn't do the figure line justice when half the look is also the paint apps.

I think it was a 3-pack so you could do multiple poses like the older army men... ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, we had one guy get his stolen.
I've just not worked up the interest to pay the price for any of the figures. I like the setting, and have lots of custom ideas, but nothing seems to shake out.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Yeah, we had one guy get his stolen.
I've just not worked up the interest to pay the price for any of the figures. I like the setting, and have lots of custom ideas, but nothing seems to shake out.

You should give at least one Figure a go man, I'd say Bob - great figure, accessories and dat head sculpt do..

Here are some inspirational shots for you :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funnily enough I don't get all the love for Bob. Perhaps it's because he's the only character with a face.

Last edited:

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I got Bob in the mail yesterday, it's a great figure, I'm not as sold on the head as shadow is, but he also comes with the rebreather and both helmets. It's definitely not for everyone, but I love it. The amount of flexibility is great and the little bit of soft goods works well. They remind me a lot of the Ashley Wood designed stuff from threeA, but a more palatable price point and a less stylized aesthetic.

The material is a little more rubber than the hours, but they feel much more solid and we'll built over all. Only issue I've had was the heads staying in place, but that was because Bob's hood wasn't fully pushed down.

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Wow great picks, awesome child idea ! I'm trying to put together some Soil ghosts, I was thinking a child soldier would be cool, plus a female, trying to figure out the mutant parts, feet , hands, faces Etc. what would a Hot mutant Soil Ghost chick look like ? Any ideas ?

Wow great picks, awesome child idea ! I'm trying to put together some Soil ghosts, I was thinking a child soldier would be cool, plus a female, trying to figure out the mutant parts, feet , hands, faces Etc. what would a Hot mutant Soil Ghost chick look like ? Any ideas ?

Half animal if you stick with Kit Lau's theme. Guess we know what you're into. Lol

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Half animal if you stick with Kit Lau's theme. Guess we know what you're into. Lol
^
Ya after you hit 50 its anything goes LOL !
I didn't realize they had animal features but that explains the cat like face in the
drawing, so the chick Irisa from Defiance kinda theme, cool, wish I could sculpt, may give it a try, thanks ...

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011

Soil Ghosts - swollen body parts (maybe MU fig arm/leg parts, larger scale fig parts, 5"-6"?), human skeletons for masks (Indy Cemetary Warrior mask modded), crust on their feet (sculpt it), some have exceptional vision (maybe paint the eyes differently). Some look like the have bird-like legs. Kit has touched upon the Soil Ghosts a little here and there. Most recently he said something about changing their looks for the actual figures ("Ha!For Soil ghosts, I have to change a bit their look to balance the production needs"). I really like his original Soil Ghost designs so I hope he doesn't change them too much.

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Soil Ghosts - swollen body parts (maybe MU fig arm/leg parts, larger scale fig parts, 5"-6"?), human skeletons for masks (Indy Cemetary Warrior mask modded), crust on their feet (sculpt it), some have exceptional vision (maybe paint the eyes differently). Some look like the have bird-like legs. Kit has touched upon the Soil Ghosts a little here and there. Most recently he said something about changing their looks for the actual figures ("Ha!For Soil ghosts, I have to change a bit their look to balance the production needs"). I really like his original Soil Ghost designs so I hope he doesn't change them too much.

^
Thanks, I have some Star Wars figs for hands and feet, some skulls, and a bunch of capes and acessorys I've collected, looks like one dudes arm is shorter
then the other too, this is pretty challenging, I have some ideas for a tank as well, and a trike I saw made in the 60's by Moto Guzzi, wish I had the imagination others have on these forums, uggghhh !

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Got Bob this morning. No accessories. I sent an email off quick. Figured it'd happen. Haha

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I was watching a review of the new turtle blimp, and was thinking someone with talent could turn that thing into an awesome Acid Rain vehicle.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
That would be an awesome idea. Man. If I had room for vehicles I'd totally take that on.