Acid Rain World 1:18th Toys

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It doesn't. In fact it's the best idea for a con exclusive. I'd be pissed if they did a cool figure and made it an exclusive.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I say cons, but they're really toy expos.

Winterstar

The Unwashed
Sep 14, 2014
For those with the vehicles in hand- how do they 'feel' scale wise? Closer to G.I. Joe/Star Wars or more 1/8th scale.

I still can't figure out if these feel more in line with modern military or WWII stylings...

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Hey gang, my sons tell me they would like to get some of these guys for Christmas...do I have any chance of that happening? Where is my best bet to find them reasonably priced and actually get here in time? For now they only want the 2 pack or single pack figures....no vehicles...yet. Any info would be great! Thanks!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
You're mostly shit out of luck. There's a Hong Kong-based seller with Agurts Infantry for $35 bucks a pop and "free" shipping. Even with SAL shipping they should get here in time for Jesus Day.

Might try Entertainment Earth. Can't say if they'll actually get a shipment in October or not.

Action Figures, Toys, Bobble Heads, and Collectibles at Entertainment Earth

Thanks. With lack of joe offerings...they are looking at other toys...which is cool, just wish I had an idea they would want this stuff in the summer...

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only thing I don't like about them is the colors of the butt end of the rifle and that orange missle. Why bright orange? oh well.... the figures are awesome.

Positive identification of warhead type in low-light conditions?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Blue would be a more appropriate color for a training round, but I digress. It takes all of 10 minutes to repaint it, so it's not something I'd dwell on.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well, it is BBTS and they smell blood.

I did ask Ori when they would be here and they did confirm things were on schedule for December.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
No one should be surprised at the price. You can't expect to pay regular toy prices for designer toys. It's in line with the Sol Commander and Agurts fig pricing. The Bucks figs come with more than the other figs too. This isn't Hasbro running hundreds of thousands of figs. It's a small run of highly articulated collector figs, in most cases with more articulation than Hasbro.

You'd still pay more for a custom cast figure that you'd have to assemble and paint yourself.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Tell us something we don't know, or something most of us haven't already said. I just wish there were more retailer options.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
the 3 pack of green army men is available here...

Acid Rain Agurts Infantry Figures Exclusive

and victorytoys.net posted on their FB page (VT victory) they have them too - package deal with bob and steel is like $100 plus shipping...

I have only ordered from entertainment earth so no clue about these other places...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That packaging is awesome. Pretty much negates my urge to use them as fodder.