Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Over... there.

But here you go!

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
thanks cloud. i like what they did to the renegades snake eyes. he looks more like the cartoomn. are ss and se legs like the marvel figs? looks like they have that joint in the upper thigh..

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
i guess ss dont come with all the gear he came with in his single card? that was the only reason i wanted to buy him. i like se arms and jacket, but i will have to pass on these, i cant justify buying this crap just for a few parts.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
thanks cloud. i like what they did to the renegades snake eyes. he looks more like the cartoomn. are ss and se legs like the marvel figs? looks like they have that joint in the upper thigh..

Wow...how many people are going to be pissed when they realize they aren't getting a carded Renegades SS...and those ankles look way to skinny...almost like they modeled my legs for the figure.

Hopefully enough people buy multiples of this set for the SS and Red ninja and I can pick up a Duke and SE in trade...and yeah I can't believe I want another version of those two.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

Yup, it looks like they went with the MU style ball hip joints for Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and the Red Ninja Viper.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I hate the ML hip joints. If I could legally require Hasbro to punch themselves in the balls then force Joe articulation across all of their 1:18 action figure lines I would.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd also ensure scale uniformity. SW figures are ridiculous for their inability to mesh within themselves.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd also ensure scale uniformity. SW figures are ridiculous for their inability to mesh within themselves.

Scale uniformity would be nice. Joes work for the most part, but it seems the female figures should be a bit shorter. 25th Scarlett and LJ were decent and definitely shorter than other figures, but recently, they tend to be just as tall or even taller than their male counterparts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Scale uniformity would be nice. Joes work for the most part, but it seems the female figures should be a bit shorter. 25th Scarlett and LJ were decent and definitely shorter than other figures, but recently, they tend to be just as tall or even taller than their male counterparts.

Yeah, Renegades Scarlett is pretty tall and lanky.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, indeed. I wanted to use Ren. Scarlett's lower legs and feet with the 25th LJ thighs but it just did not look right.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I don't understand why they have a ninja viper in the Renegades pack. It's just a repaint of Storm-Shadow. That should have been Baroness. Snake-Eyes and Duke are also pointless seeing as how they got a wide release already. Those should have been other characters like Road-Block or Barbeque or something maybe Flint and Latino Jay or even General Hawk. I mean why not? this pack is obviously aimed at us old fags of Joe fandom and not children.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It should have been some combination of Roadblock, Destro, Baroness, Flint and Lady Jaye, but that would have required new tooling and actual effort.

I don't even remember a Ninja Viper in the damn 'toon quite honestly.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, I'm glad the Renegades box set doesn't have all the weapons for Storm Shadow, that just saved me $40.

But I'm still pissed I don't have a Ren. SS with all the cool gear.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
If I could legally require Hasbro to punch themselves in the balls then force Joe articulation across all of their 1:18 action figure lines I would.

K-T for president!

Mmmm, tall women.

totally agree...they tend to have the longest sexiest legs...

Is it b/c they tend to have bigger feet, that you're salivating?

*snicker*

:goodone:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
In case no one has made the joke yet, Ill be looking forward to seeing these sets in Ross.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I'm glad the Renegades box set doesn't have all the weapons for Storm Shadow, that just saved me $40.

But I'm still pissed I don't have a Ren. SS with all the cool gear.

That's why I wanted a Ren. SS.

He came with a frickin' tessen for crying out loud.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Feel free to flame away on me for buying the set, and while I'll be making some minor mods to SS, I like this version better than the original Renegades version, minus the lack of equipment. The ball joint hips aren't bad, and move better than most of the Marvel iterations. If I get around to it, I might snap some pics.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
It's softer plastic like Resolute CC's skirt and cape, but it's still pretty stiff and useless. It LOOKS good. And I suppose functionally, as a coat it does what it's supposed to. The tails are a bit malformed from the packaging.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Some people are harping on the set but it's not bad. Sure, the Ninja Viper is just an excuse to have a repaint of a new mold SS(And SS is a COMPLETELY new mold), but they're both solid figures, even with the marvel-esque hips(and thigh swivel). They are a bit angular, muscles having some exaggerated straight lines and sharp angles, but overall not super noticeable. The SE isn't a bad figure either(shares the same style hips, thighs are a different mold.) His arms match with the coat, so he'd look just odd without it on. Duke is said to be Law's torso and the Ren Trooper legs. I don't have Law so I can't make the comparison, but from online pics it looks similar. Equipment for all of them is kind of shit, but I wasn't expecting much. The stands are a pale green. One problem with the new style feet for the ninjas is the peg hole is in the heel and as such has very little room. I drilled a couple new holes in the main part of the foot so they could utilize the pegs on the stands. Also, big downside on SS, SE, NV: No leg screws.

Last edited: