Amazon Joes

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hey XOC-

General Joes showed a black box labeled G.I. Joe on it... does it come in that box or is it in that box in a normal brown box? Jus wondering...

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Hey XOC-

General Joes showed a black box labeled G.I. Joe on it... does it come in that box or is it in that box in a normal brown box? Jus wondering...

Renegades 4-pack came in a white box with gray lettering, SE and SS on the front. The interior box I have a picture of.

I haven't totally disassembled everything yet, so you'll have to wait for more pictures.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The black box is likely the Retaliation outer packing.

yea it said Retaliation on it however they also showed a box with RoadRock on it similar to the Renegades Box that you posted... so I was confused with the black box lol

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I LOVE that SS...not feeling the gloves though...he looks lean, but muscular, like a martial artist normally does...back me up Z...:)

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I LOVE that SS...not feeling the gloves though...he looks lean, but muscular, like a martial artist normally does...back me up Z...:)

To separate SS from the "Ninja Vipers', I'm putting the hooded Renegades(non-emo) head on him with Ver1 Ren SS's gear and hands.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
4 pack...I have the renegades version...I actually found one in the store when that wave first hit...I was VERY shocked

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice try, XOC, but I'm still calling this set crap. I don't believe that whole MU hip/thigh design is unacceptable.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Nice try, XOC, but I'm still calling this set crap. I don't believe that whole MU hip/thigh design is unacceptable.

Hey, I'm not gonna try and make anyone see it my way. It's not for everyone, and it's certainly not the greatest set in the world. Ball-hips alone make it not everyone's cup of tea. If you wanna call it crap, call it crap. ;) My feelings won't be hurt.

Also, Eddie. 10 bucks shipped and my second 4-pack SS is yours.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
For any slackers like me who missed it the first time, the Renegades set is back up on Amazon.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
what are the joints on the ninjas like again? It almost looks like that crappy style Hasbro used for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There's nothing in either of those sets that I remotely want that I can't get at retail in a few weeks. When does the main line actually hit retail?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
To "justify" my purchase, I got the set for the file cards, Black CC and stands. I will prolly give/trade off the roadblock since he will be used for alot of customs and I don't plan on buying SE or SS at retail, so they are bonus figs I guess lol

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
street date is May 28th

I'm sure they will hit before that except at wallyworld

What annoys me the most is my Target never got past the Renegades Cobra Commander wave. All they have right now is 2 CC & 1 Firefly. At $10.99 a piece they won't be going anywhere. That is $1 less than Walgreens! :wtf:
Walmart isn't any better at all. They are keeping their price at $6.97 for now. Only 2 Renegades CC there.
Toys R Us & Walgreens are the only ones to stock past that Renegades wave here.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
what are the joints on the ninjas like again? It almost looks like that crappy style Hasbro used for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.

That's because they are.

What annoys me the most is my Target never got past the Renegades Cobra Commander wave. All they have right now is 2 CC & 1 Firefly. At $10.99 a piece they won't be going anywhere. That is $1 less than Walgreens! :wtf:
Walmart isn't any better at all. They are keeping their price at $6.97 for now. Only 2 Renegades CC there.
Toys R Us & Walgreens are the only ones to stock past that Renegades wave here.

My Walmart CAN'T restock the pegs because central distribution hasn't sent them anything. I fully expect the next time I walk into Wally and they have new Joes they'll be movie ones. Still, 2 Renegades wave 2 cases this close to a movie line isn't bad.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I got my 4 pack today. So far I've only opened it and played with RoadRock... not really impressed so far. I think i'll start a new thread for it. Not an official review, just quick thoughts and opinions

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Uh oh! Roadblock as the "fixed weapon" hand.

Why in the hell did Hasbro do this!?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some asinine insistence that because he does some dumb ass gym/battle/gun kata in the movie that it just HAS TO BE REFLECTED BY THE FIGURE!

Bet he doesn't use some giant dildo missile in the movie.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Umm, he comes with a gym kata hand, so he is. He may not have his ninjafag tattoo, but that doesn't change the fact he's gimped by the gimmick.