an idea for the 2012 JoeCon set

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd buy that set in a heartbeat. I'm a fan of the movie and Cobra-la. The Golobulus, Nemsis Enforcer and Royal Guard 3-pack were part of my first introduction to Joes as a kid one Christmas. I also got Slaughter's Renegades that Christmas too. So, I'd buy that set in a heartbeat as well if they ever redid them.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Grey, yellow and calf-shit green, really?

You really find Python Patrol THAT out of step with the rest of Cobra? Really? That's the problem? That's what's bugging you? You look at the entire Cobra Army and Python Patrol is what bothers you?

Have you seen Dr. Mindbender's Uniform?

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I like PP and I actually think it looks great. Also the colors IMO were not that crazy out there at all. The figures were much nicer than the vehicles but that is just my opinion. I also really liked TF, SP, NF, and SM. Some people like them and some don't everyone one is entitled to there own opinion.

The reason why I went with Cobra La is becuase 2012 be 25 years sense the movie came out. So a set dedicated to that seems like a cool idea. will it happen probably not I am expecting TF or NF set to be honest. I guess we will know once they start giving us clues in the club magazine.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I want the Plague Most of the parts are out there to make these.. Just saying it's something different..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
You really find Python Patrol THAT out of step with the rest of Cobra? Really? That's the problem? That's what's bugging you? You look at the entire Cobra Army and Python Patrol is what bothers you?

i think what bothers me, is that it was a repaint set of figures 100% meant to resell the figures we already paid for AND get the most out of their molds, i get that, thats understandable...BUT, the problem is, they were to come up with a new scheme for this set and THAT is what they came up with?!...really?...couldnt a been something awesome?...they came up with plaid and yellow?...

it COULD'VE been something bada$$, but instead, they made a set of figures that had to grow on you...

eh, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

while some find these attractive...

i tend to like these...

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
In all Fairness eddie the mission Brazil Wetsuit should be in a Silver diving suit... just sayin'. :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
lol...being a stickler for accuracy, i'd normally agree, but i'd be insane to do so when the alternative was WAAAAAAAY better

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
So far they have made the following NF figures in the 25th/Modern.

Shockwave/Shockblast
Tunnel Rat
Outback
Falcon (was not released on the single card as planned)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Lightfoot and Charbroil are the ones that really looked great in NF colors. I also really liked Spreadhead and Psyche-Out NF colors.

i don't mean arah accurate. I mean make a real NF with current looks and technology

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i don't mean arah accurate. I mean make a real NF with current looks and technology

this i could get behind...thought it seems like casting everything in black and kitbashing would be the way to go...use SE as the base, switch up some vests and harness' and such, BLAM-O!...you got yourself a sweet modern NF team, or Mall Ninja team :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
this i could get behind...thought it seems like casting everything in black and kitbashing would be the way to go...use SE as the base, switch up some vests and harness' and such, BLAM-O!...you got yourself a sweet modern NF team, or Mall Ninja team :D

Exactly what I was thinking! It would be pretty badass and easy for them to do. They can throw in some popular people too like Flint, Roadblock etc and people really shouldn't/wouldn't mind cuz they would be "modernized".

I just don't know who would the Cobra's be? A Cobra NF or maybe IG's or maybe go the October Guard route. I dunno

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
umm, f*@# Cobra?...thats my thinking anyway...

Hahaha. Well in the past they have done all Cobra sets or all but a few so I guess that could work.

Maybe do a Night Forced Firefly and 4 Bats or something and then do a 10 man Joe team

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Lightfoot and Charbroil are the ones that really looked great in NF colors. I also really liked Spreadhead and Psyche-Out NF colors.

NF Crazylegs was an improvement, and Repeater and Muskrat weren't too bad in NF colors. I also include Low-Light v3 as a part of NF... his colors are just too close to the other members of the team. And I really liked v3. Low-Light.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
NF Crazylegs was an improvement, and Repeater and Muskrat weren't too bad in NF colors. I also include Low-Light v3 as a part of NF... his colors are just too close to the other members of the team. And I really liked v3. Low-Light.

I agree 100% the 1991 V3 low-light is one of the better figures made in that year.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I agree 100% the 1991 V3 low-light is one of the better figures made in that year.

Yeah, and I know beggers can't be choosers - because I begged for SO long to get ANY Low-Light with modern era construction - but I would really love to see v.3 Low-Light done in modern articulation. It was just a great figure, with great accesories. I always use him as Night Force. Obviously he wasn't originally packaged to be a part of that team, but to me that sort of makes sense for Low-Light... he's sort of an "off the books" sort of asset.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If they considered a NF set they could probably do Cobra troops similar to the TRU 5 pack that had night troops. Wouldn't be a bad set at all.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
oh I have an Idea what about Night Force vs Night Vipers and maybe lead by a Night Viper officer. that could work and I know many people would love a modern Night Viper.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'd like to see them use the dog handler as the security force and have some rogue character they have not done in a while for the squad leader. I'd actually like to see a Night Watch Baroness somehow. Not the stupid one with the green shades either. The first head from the 5 pack.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
To be honest I like my cobra La boxed set. 15 figures on the 25th anivarsry to the GI Joe movie. If they ever planned to do a tribute to Cobra La here is the time were it makes sense.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
so here is what I got from the commander at the gi joe club website. he is one of the administrators.

Commander
Administrator
Commander

Visit My HomepageSpacerSend Private MessageSpacerAdd to your list of friendsSpacerView ProfileSpacerReport this member

Posted: 8/17/11 09:07AM Reply to this message Subscribe to this topic. You will be notified when someone replies. Email this Topic Print Text Version View Messages Thread
Spacer
duffmann,

thanks for the suggestion and my response is not intended to burst the bubble but I wanted to clarify a few restraints:

Sgt. Slaughter is under a new contract and will not be available as a G.I. Joe figure until it expires.

Pythona would be too expensive to produce on our current budget, as she would require almost all new tooling. There are no existing figure parts that match her unique body construction.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
guess thats out...

most likely some repaints...par for the corse...don't get your hopes up for something awesome

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
If it seems most people want NF... then they'll do TF lol

I think a lot also matter on the free figure the club gives out. For example say it is a 25th/modern Frostbite sense we never got one but that crappy RoC one. I can see them doing a TF set. But say they do the free figure as a Muskrat well than I see them doing a NF set.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Ok so the free 3 3/4 figure is Footloose and I am very happy to be getting one. Last year around this time we found out Dialtone was the free figure. Not only did we get a loose Dialtone free but we got a carded one and a mission brazil one. So with that will the 2012 Joe Con be, Slaughter Marauders and a carded Footloose?

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
thinking on it a Marauders set would be nice considering I really like the team that was on it. But the Club and Hasbro have said that the Sarge will not be used again due to licensing and well having the Slaughter Marauders with no Slaughter makes no sense.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/subteams/marauders.shtml

An update to the Equalizer would also be a really cool vehicle considering as a kid and as an adult I really liked that vehicle.