an idea for the 2012 JoeCon set

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I am not a huge Cobra La Fan or the 1987 movie, they were OK but I was not that into it. I know there is some that really like it and some that did not. But the movie in 2012 will be 25 years old so I was thinking the club could do a 25th anniversary tribute to the movie and bring some classic figures to the 25th line. It would also be great to finally get a Pythona figure made. Why she was never been made I have no idea but it would be nice to have one. Anyways a box set is 15 figures and right here we have 15 figures in this list. The numbers add up and we get some great characters added to the line in there classic colors in the new 25th styling. If this has been brought up sorry for re-posting but this is just a fun idea and concept to come up with for the 2012 con set.

Cobra-La
Golobulus
Nemesis Enforcer
Pythona
Royal Guards x6

vs

Rawhides
Lt. Falcon
Jinx
Law & Order
Tunnel Rat
Chuckles
Big Lob

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I would buy it

i would as well. i know that 5 of these figures have been made in the new 25th modern style but some really sucked.

Tunnel Rat = Was ok kind of small and I hated the eyes.
Falcon = Was terrible his face looked disfigured
Law & Order = Has to be in classic colors not that brown sand uniform
Chuckles = Was not bad in the 7 pack just need to bright up his shirt
Nemesis Enforcer = Was a great update to a very cool vintage figure

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
u could always throw in the renegades too

I must have posted right before you but great minds think alike. Ya they can do a 3 pack of the Renegades. I mean sense the club is doing 25th/modern figures and if it is done in the classic colors from 1987 I believe it would be a huge hit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Tunnel rats tended to be the smallest guy in the squad.

Now that I'm done commenting on the absurdity of complaining that Tunnel Rat is small, I think the idea of a Cobra La set is good for a con exclusive.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
there is still many a fans who dislike the 87 movie and cobra la and that's why i think they would avoid it.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
there is still many a fans who dislike the 87 movie and cobra la and that's why i think they would avoid it.

I did not even really like the movie all that much or the Cobra La concept as a story goes. But I really liked the figures as a toy line in 1987. But you are right most people either A really like the movie and Cobra La or B hate it with a passion.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Many fans dislike something about everything. There is no pleasing Joe fans.

You could pump them with lube and give a reach-around and they'd bitch aboot it.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
there is many fans out there that would love a Pythona figure made. This would be a great opportunity to make her. But like Zarana people would be pist, cry, & bitch that you can only get one if you get the boxed set, and that is only if they did something like this.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I hate to say it but this wouldn't happen, unless it was done in a way that nobody would like. The tooling just isn't available for many of these figures and the club doesn;t have the funds to create a bunch of new molds. They would have to be repaints, which wouldn't work with most figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Golobulus and Pythona are the big problems.

I can easily see them using most of the Nemesis Enforcer mold to make Royal Guards. It wouldn't be accurate, but it's an option. *shrugs*

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
The Rawhides set is the one that can be made, The other not so much. Remember the sets are not made by Hasbro but, Funpub or whatever there name is. They just use Hasbro molds and Can make a couple of Head sculpts with the budget they have. It would still be awesome to see both made!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The Rawhides set is the one that can be made, The other not so much. Remember the sets are not made by Hasbro but, Funpub or whatever there name is. They just use Hasbro molds and Can make a couple of Head sculpts with the budget they have. It would still be awesome to see both made!

this^^

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
If the Fans hate it, it's a good reason Hasbro could make it seeing as it's their M.O. on how things are done these days.

that's true lol. To be honest I'm very suprised that Hasbro never pumped out a Royal Guard trooper during the 25th peak.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Golobulus and Pythona are the big problems.

I can easily see them using most of the Nemesis Enforcer mold to make Royal Guards. It wouldn't be accurate, but it's an option. *shrugs*

Ya that Golobulud mold would probably stop this ever happening as a set considering they would have to make one just for him. I belive they do 500-600 boxed set and the same amount of bagged sets. But you would think the club would do it if it was a hot seller like this past years set.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I would buy that set in an instant. I have a love/hate relationship with the movie. I love the concept of Cobra-La but hated hearing Serpentor and others do the lalalala trill shit.

I feel the same way. The movie was ok but when the figures came out Tunnel Rat, Law & Order, and the 3 pack Renegades and Cobra La I loved them as a kid.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Hasbro could always 2 piece the mold and use that mold to make some other character in another universe/line and make up for it. They could always make a line of aliens and use the shit out of it if they make it right.

I think this is a great idea and you would think something that could be done. But I have a feeling we will be getting something Night Force sense the Skystriker came out and a Con Night Boomer could be done. I would not mind at all but the 25 year movie sounds great.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'm expecting something I don't want this year. Damn 25th style figures!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm expecting something Tiger Force this year

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I'm not a fan of the movie. The animation was obviously updated, but I hated the whole Cobra-La storyline. That being said, a set that commemorates the movie doesn't interest me at all. However, I would be interested in some of the figures that have been proposed.
I'd like to see an updated/improved version of Falcon and the Rawhides, and I'd like to get the Renegades. That would be good. However, I can just think of other sub-teams that I would rather see updated by the Club
1. Night Force
2. Sky Patrol - updated as a realistic LRRP/LRSC/Pathfinder unit.
3. Tiger Force
4. Artic Patrol - Sub Zero, Blizzard, etc.

There are just a TON of awesome characters that need to be updated - guys with great qualifications on their filecards that had strange uniforms, or just haven't been updated in modern articulations... like: Tracker, Bullhorn, Crosshair, Dart, Blizzard, Muskrat, Spearhead, Recoil, etc.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I will admit, some of the Night Force repaints were improvements. I'm with you on the rest.

Python Patrol was particularly bad. Radar cloaking camouflage, but they can't make it look like camo? Sure, the Joes have a hard time finding you on radar, but can see you at 3/4 of a mile and kill you with conventional arms.

That shit was stupid, even for Cobra.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
not only TF, but Python Patrol, Night Force, Maruaders, and ANY other sub group/repaint team...sooooo gawdy

Night Force wasn't that bad.
ALL the sub-teams have the potential to be updated really well. The ideas behind Tiger Force as a Jungle Unit, or Night Force as a nocturnal special missions force, or Sky Patrol as a small unit, airborne recon unit... all of those are solid concepts that could be updated really well.

As for Python Patrol, it's COBRA. Since when has "gawdy" ever been a concern for those guys? Doctor Mindbender and Serpentor invented the most "gawdy" article of clothing of all time: the Tank Top Cape.