APC Rebirth

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I personally think it looks tits as it is. Adding another roof part might give it a bit of a "frankenstein" look as opposed to the clean look of the canvas top. This vehicle could be in a convoy with a few humvees. It's kind of like the Indiana Jones truck but way better.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Thanks for the compliment. I was itching for an easy project that I could finish relatively quick. We'll see how far I take it. :)

I would cut a strip of the humvee roof with the ring in it and it would run from the front to the first rib. I can put it above or below the canvas. I'm torn because I can make it look good with or without. Tough call.

I guess the real question is: do you guys think it is too boring as a plain transport vehicle or should I spice it up and mimick the original Joe APC?

Im not using the roof of mine, so if thats the way you want to go with it lemme know and I can send the roof to ya

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Mount a Cannon on it! It's a Joe transport it's should have at least 5 colored missiles/weapons on it! I kid, I kid. I really do just like the plain old canvas.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
The turret ring I do use, sorry bud. I have mine setup with the roll cage and and gunmount. If I can find another one for the $10 I got this one for Ill send ya the whole turret and cage setup though

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The turret ring I do use, sorry bud. I have mine setup with the roll cage and and gunmount. If I can find another one for the $10 I got this one for Ill send ya the whole turret and cage setup though

Not a problem sir, just thought I would ask. :) If I do cut up the roof, I'll gladly take you up on the spare so I can swap the turret between the 2.

Looking good mang, can i have it back when your done? :)

I'll tell ya what, I'll let you keep Cutter with his filecard, the APC plastic roof and the cannon. Deal? :p

I do have all the needed supplies if you want to make one.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Not a problem sir, just thought I would ask. :) If I do cut up the roof, I'll gladly take you up on the spare so I can swap the turret between the 2.

I'll tell ya what, I'll let you keep Cutter with his filecard, the APC plastic roof and the cannon. Deal? :p

I'm confused, but i'll do it! :D Let's make this happen!

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK

Sir? I work for a living...not very hard but I still work for a living

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I wonder if it would just look better without the .50 cal and turret.

Put up a poll or something?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Sounds like a loud no on the .50cal.

What do you guys think about some type of camo pattern on the cloth like the original APC?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Incredible work!!!!! That canvas top is great. I would so no to the 50 and no to changing anything about it. Full of awesomesauce!!!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
yes, don't put a .50 caliber on it, that way when Cobra attacks they'll be defenseless until they've unloaded their troops. Cool thing about canvas, it doesn't stop bullets. A good RPG or machine-gun strafe and you have a fair amount of casualties.

P.S. I really like the look of the canvas on the APC so far, keep up the good work.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
about the cammo, either would look good...it ooks awsome as is, but i'm sure the cammo would be sweet too...and instead of the gun mount, maybe just have the canvas roll up so guys can shoot out of the sides if need be?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That looks effin' great PCS! I like the idea Eddie had of the roll up sides. That would have been a real nice touch. The APC looks much better than the original.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I thought about the roll up sides when I was building it, but it looks really sloppy and amatuer when the canvas was not pulled tight. Destroyed the look of it.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
I could do some pretty killa shite with that mang, wanna trade? :)

(photo's, i won't molest it, though, all it would take to make it windowless in the back is some drop down draperies). :0

Gawd, i sicken me.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I could do some pretty killa shite with that mang, wanna trade? :)

(photo's, i won't molest it, though, all it would take to make it windowless in the back is some drop down draperies). :0

Gawd, i sicken me.

It's your lucky day cause it's all yours. I had my fun with it. ;)

Plus I don't feel like buying paint to finish the weathering.