Attention GIJCC members

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm not clear on why they can't have one email, one login, and more than one membership tied to it. I have Joe and TF memberships, so I suddenly have to use two email addresses? WTF. Even MattyCollector can handle more than one subscription per account. And you know if they can do it, ANYONE can do it, as mattycollector is the single largest collection of retards the world has ever known. Until now, that is.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's what I'm saying! Haha.

I mean, even if they had a junior varsity site, which they seem to have, I can maybe understand requiring a unique email for each site's account. But if you have a TFCC membership, and a GIJCC one, you should be able to have one at each with the same email.

What doesn't make sense to me is why I supplied them an e-mail address, but that wasn't good enough, so they replaced it with one that didn't work. Then, their suggestion on how to retrieve the password is for you to submit a request for it to email the password to an account that you can't view. That's simple logic that drives me nuts that they don't grasp it.

Does that mean they can't handle multiple accounts at the same postal address? What about dads with kids who want memberships? Or someone like me who wants 2? Technically, I could have a roommate (she is my live-in girlfriend after all) who just wanted a new membership, and they fuck that up. What about other folks who mailed in forms as first-year members? They can't even get the emails sent to them because the GIJCC made up some nonsense @funpubinc.com email for them and are directing all contact there.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got an email back today from them, and this time they just gave me the email password along with the funpub email, and I changed it out.

They didn't address my question about how folks were supposed to retrieve their email with that system or how new members were receiving emails to alert them to change their information if the emails sent were going to a bogus email, but at least my account info is updated now.

I just hope that they don't forget to put tape on the box this year when they ship the figures. Last year the flap was hanging open, and I'm surprised the figure even made it that far.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just contact them through their goofy site. Have you received any emails at all? Is this your first year? If so, they likely made up an email and have been sending all contacts to that.

https://gijoeclub.com/feedback_joe.cfm

It's not terribly efficient, but you're playing by their rules. If they fucked up your email, chances are, they may be sending you a 12" Barbie doll instead of Footloose. :rolleyes:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I hope everything works out for you guys that are subscribing to GIJCC this year. I just don't have the patience for any of it.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
.....As mattycollector is the single largest collection of retards the world has ever known. Until now, that is.

Preach it, Brother Nacho!!!!!!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just contact them through their goofy site. Have you received any emails at all? Is this your first year? If so, they likely made up an email and have been sending all contacts to that.

https://gijoeclub.com/feedback_joe.cfm

It's not terribly efficient, but you're playing by their rules. If they fucked up your email, chances are, they may be sending you a 12" Barbie doll instead of Footloose. :rolleyes:

That did it - my info is now correct and I have a login. I'm somebody!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The only real issues arise if you have more than one membership (i.e. one Joe + one TF, or two Joe memberships tied to the same email).

However, it's probably a good idea to change your password. If it's the same one used on the old site, then it was likely compromised during the big data leak.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Guys, guys. Come on. You get a free monthly newsletter! That sometimes arrives late despite the fact that you paid for the 1st Class $65 membership.

Thankfully I got the $44 one. :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Update from the Club:

Here are the latest updates from the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club:

SURPRISE! This week we started mailing the FREE membership figures for 2012! We were able to get these manufactured much earlier this year, so off they go to you! It will take several weeks for them to reach all of the membership, so please be patient. If you don't receive your figure by the end of May, please let us know.

In your April issue of the Club Magazine, you will find a letter that offers: credit card fraud counseling; instructions on how to place a credit alert on your accounts; and a free one-year subscription to a Credit Monitoring and Identity Theft Recovery Service that we have purchased on your behalf.

If you have received any evidence of fraud on your credit cards, please call and make a report with the 800 number listed in the letter for the recovery services.

If you desire to take advantage of the Credit Monitoring and Identity Theft Recovery Service, your letter contains an individually assigned certificate number that will allow you to activate the service. Do not share this certificate number with anyone as it is a one-time use certificate. In addition, you will need to activate your service by June 15, 2012. This service will last for 12 months once you activate it. Again, we apologize for any issues this problem has caused our membership.

Please note that your Club Magazine will be approximately 2 weeks later than normal as we wanted to give you time to check your mailing addresses in the new Club Store before we used it for the first mailing. You should receive your issue by May 4th. Please contact us after that date if you have not received your magazine.

Next week we will have the memberships back in the store. If you need to renew, all you have to do is put a credit card on file before your billing date (see My Account when you log in). The system will bill your renewal on that date. If you expire, you will need to go to the store, select the membership of your choice and check out. Then you will start again with the next mailing.

Finally, we are still working on getting all of our software and process back to normal. We hope to have registration available for G.I. Joe Con soon. We will send out an email when this is online.

Thanks for your support!

Brian

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's some customer support that I can get behind and say that at least they threw in some attempt to remedy the situation. Kudos to them. I've given them tons of shit, but it's a step in the right direction.

And fuck yes, Footloose! :D

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
That's some customer support that I can get behind and say that at least they threw in some attempt to remedy the situation. Kudos to them. I've given them tons of shit, but it's a step in the right direction.

And fuck yes, Footloose! :D

I agree, MR. I've given them a lot of shit too for this fiasco, but this seems to be the first genuine and sincere step in the right direction.

It's that age-old adage: The cover-up is worse than the crime. Admit that you screwed up and make the first step to fix it, and people will respect you for it.

Of course, they are talking about April's newsletter, and I have yet to receive February or March yet, but hey...baby steps....

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Haha. Yeah, I dunno if I've gotten either (what was on the cover? I just breeze through them, realize there's nothing of interest, and toss them somewhere to file later.)

I'm stoked as fuck to get Footloose. He's been a high-demand character of mine for 4 years now, since I got into the 25th line full-force.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well I apparently used another card with the club(I suspected I did but wasn't sure). A charge was made on my card online to QVC for $605. It was denied! They contacted me and I'm getting a new card. Fucking Ninja's

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The good news is that we'll all run out of cards to replace one of these days...

no kidding! I have 4 cards. I know for a fact that i didn't use one of them with the club. 2 have been hit and the 3rd is still to be determined lol

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
So is it just me, or is the Club Store not working? I got the address off the back of their latest newsletter...I was finally going to pull the trigger and buy the Dr. Venom figure, but it's telling me the store is "closed". How is an online store "closed"?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So is it just me, or is the Club Store not working? I got the address off the back of their latest newsletter...I was finally going to pull the trigger and buy the Dr. Venom figure, but it's telling me the store is "closed". How is an online store "closed"?

Did you try to log in after regular business hours? :D