Attention GIJCC members

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
one of these days....
i'm gonna cut you into little pieces..
you get that reference, you won giving me a blow job..

The Floyd.

.....but I ain't makin' like no circus seal on ya, buddy. Sorry.

I've never been involved with the club, and I really mean no offense whatsoever because you guys are fuckin RAD, but after reading 500 pages at TFW, anyone who supports these clowns after the way they've handled this situation are bonkers.

Best line out of 500 pages at TFW....FREE FIGAH!!!!!!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Is it me, or are they not late as fuck this year? Or was it that JoeCon was so much earlier last year, that it seemed like we'd already been shipped the "free" figure and the JoeCon sets were announced?

Man how time flies...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
holy smoke, that's a lot of angry people @ TFW! Those thieves must be having a field day just buying shit as fast as the cards will let them.

Honestly, I don't know why it isn't ridiculously simple for law enforcement to catch these people. You track down where the stuff goes. How hard is that? Fraud on this scale should at least blip the FBI radar.

I'm not particularly sure FunPub can survive this. If enough people don't renew memberships or cancel their botcon tickets, etc, the clubs can't possibly continue. After getting hit on two cards, it's going to take something far more special than Footloose or Runamuck to get me to risk my money or information with them again.

hte deth of hte clubz!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
LOL. That site owner, Tony. What a guy closing the thread.

I get that it's just incessant bitching about the same thing but c'mon... Is there really a need to close those threads? It makes it even more obvious (even if it isn't) that it's from the GIJCC not liking the bad discussions and asking the powers to be to shut it down.

It's a hot topic, but does it take that much moderation?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Just smacks of them trying to appease a sponsor personally.

From the very beginning the TFCC and GIJCC did a horrible job of informing people of the true extent of the issue, and even coming clean with what really happened and when.

And now people are not "allowed" to talk about it anymore? Because its "old news"? What the fuck.. that makes no sense, other than blatant censorship, to appease the clubs.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
The Floyd.

.....but I ain't makin' like no circus seal on ya, buddy. Sorry.

I've never been involved with the club, and I really mean no offense whatsoever because you guys are fuckin RAD, but after reading 500 pages at TFW, anyone who supports these clowns after the way they've handled this situation are bonkers.

Best line out of 500 pages at TFW....FREE FIGAH!!!!!!

you're awesome, bro. when i was a kid that song would remind me of dr. who.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's the same breed just with bigger budgets. Joe fans are notoriously cheap but I've found that TF fans have bigger egos and are much meaner. Which is why I quit visiting the TF boards in the first place.

The mods there seem to be generally nicer though. I think that's what you meant, though. It's the typical crowd I dislike.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
you're awesome, bro. when i was a kid that song would remind me of dr. who.

Ha! You're right, I've never thought about it, but they really are similar to each other. The version on "Live at Pompeii" is fantastic, probably my favorite version of that song.

Since HT and TFW closed their threads ( :rainbow: ), have there been any new details from the club's "investigation?" Like, AT ALL? What the fuck is taking so long?

Monkeywrench said:
Guys we better tone it down a notch. We might have to close this thread...

Lmao

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Since HT and TFW closed their threads ( :rainbow: ), have there been any new details from the club's "investigation?" Like, AT ALL? What the fuck is taking so long?

If new news does come..

Discussion will be allowed briefly, likely for 3.6 minutes, contained specifically to that new information. Once an official rep responds and clarifies questions related to the new information, the thread will be closed. If they do not, and discussion hits a wall where it is just speculation and opinion, then we will close it. Basically, we will close it regardless, so don't bother opening it.

New reports of having your card compromised unfortunately at this point is not new and does not warrant a new thread. It is assumed that people who have done business with the GIJOE Club in the past have the potential to get their credit cards compromised. This is common knowledge now, if you bought something from the Club 4 years ago, and stopped collecting, and just now had your information fraudulently used, well.. you shouldn't have stopped collecting I guess. This is not news. Sorry, Charlie (or Steve, or John).

People have reported that their email address and password associated with Club logins on the old store/forum may have also been compromised. So reports of your other accounts being accessed by someone else is also not warranting of a new thread. Basically, we lost all your info, we may even have given up your favorite color. We tried to be secure, but, you know, the internet.

We thank the fans who alerted the rest of the community about various issues and hopefully helped avert some loss, because lord knows the GIJCC didn't do much in its power to help any of it's longtime customers.

THREAD CLOZED!@!!!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
If new news does come..

Discussion will be allowed briefly, likely for 3.6 minutes, contained specifically to that new information. Once an official rep responds and clarifies questions related to the new information, the thread will be closed. If they do not, and discussion hits a wall where it is just speculation and opinion, then we will close it. Basically, we will close it regardless, so don't bother opening it.

New reports of having your card compromised unfortunately at this point is not new and does not warrant a new thread. It is assumed that people who have done business with the GIJOE Club in the past have the potential to get their credit cards compromised. This is common knowledge now, if you bought something from the Club 4 years ago, and stopped collecting, and just now had your information fraudulently used, well.. you shouldn't have stopped collecting I guess. This is not news. Sorry, Charlie (or Steve, or John).

People have reported that their email address and password associated with Club logins on the old store/forum may have also been compromised. So reports of your other accounts being accessed by someone else is also not warranting of a new thread. Basically, we lost all your info, we may even have given up your favorite color. We tried to be secure, but, you know, the internet.

We thank the fans who alerted the rest of the community about various issues and hopefully helped avert some loss, because lord knows the GIJCC didn't do much in its power to help any of it's longtime customers.

THREAD CLOZED!@!!!

:goodone:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
another new email from the club:

Here is the latest update on the credit card security investigation.

The firm we have hired to analyze our former ecommerce server and software has preliminarily determined that we did incur a SQL injection code attack sometime before Christmas. Our ISP did have a commercial product installed that was supposed to defeat these types of attacks, but apparently it failed.

This allowed the hackers access to our order information. While it is still unknown exactly what data they were able to harvest (investigation continues) we need to assume that they were able to extract all of our order information. The security firm thinks that this attack has allowed the hackers to come back periodically and harvest more information. However, once the old server was taken out of service (around February 21st) there was nothing left for them to access.

Once this information was stolen, (no matter if it was back before Christmas) there is no time frame as to when the thieves may sell or try to use the information to purport credit card theft.

What does this mean to me?

We are asking again that anyone who has used a credit card in our old online systems in the past year (NOT THE NEW STORE) to get your card replaced immediately. If you have done this already, there is no action required on your part.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we know this whole thing is a pain, but it is better to replace the cards than have to deal with any issues that may result from this theft of data. Even though the amount of fraud has greatly declined, we are still receiving a customer report every few days of someone else (who hasn’t replaced their cards) getting hit. We strongly encourage you to take this step immediately if you have not done so already. Again, this DOES NOT pertain to any cards that have been used in the new store.

What is the plan?

We are still working on all of the issues and are several weeks away from a final resolution. Our new store is currently offline while we complete the entries and audit the data from the renewals we received last week. Just to reiterate, this new store is a totally different piece of software, at a totally different hosting site. There are hundreds of other retailers using this same software as it is hosted by the software creators.

We hope to have the store online and registration system back online sometime next week. When the store comes back online, we will be adding products slowly so it will take some time to have everything back in the store.

Thank you for your patience and support during this trying issue.

Brian

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The normal MO for a real business is to provide affected victims of info loss and credit theft some kind of credit protection service for 12 months. There is no monetary compensation, but throwing people a bone so that customers understand that the business cares about the loss is just good PR and good business.

FP has done nothing but point fingers, backtrack, admit a problem after months of denial, and told people to be on the lookout. Newsflash: I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for fraudulent activity. That's how I found out I had two f#$%* credit cards stolen from their servers (the ones that they denied for a long time actually stored our information).

- "Hey look! We have a new store that might be better," is not an appropriate response.
- "Replace your cards," even though (1) no one remembers what card they used 3 months ago or 3 years ago, and (2) it's no consolation for the thousands of people who have already been hit - is not an appropriate response.
- "We apologize for the inconvenience, we know this whole thing is a pain," doesn't mean shit to the majority of customers who have already been hit or had to replace cards because they were about to be hit.

The only appropriate response is that the problem is fixed, and "here" is where you can sign up for your year of credit/ID-theft protection. Anything less tells you you're dealing with amateurs who don't deserve your business.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
The normal MO for a real business is to provide affected victims of info loss and credit theft some kind of credit protection service for 12 months. There is no monetary compensation, but throwing people a bone so that customers understand that the business cares about the loss is just good PR and good business.

FP has done nothing but point fingers, backtrack, admit a problem after months of denial, and told people to be on the lookout. Newsflash: I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for fraudulent activity. That's how I found out I had two f#$%* credit cards stolen from their servers (the ones that they denied for a long time actually stored our information).

- "Hey look! We have a new store that might be better," is not an appropriate response.
- "Replace your cards," even though (1) no one remembers what card they used 3 months ago or 3 years ago, and (2) it's no consolation for the thousands of people who have already been hit - is not an appropriate response.
- "We apologize for the inconvenience, we know this whole thing is a pain," doesn't mean shit to the majority of customers who have already been hit or had to replace cards because they were about to be hit.

The only appropriate response is that the problem is fixed, and "here" is where you can sign up for your year of credit/ID-theft protection. Anything less tells you you're dealing with amateurs who don't deserve your business.

your so true when my info was stolen by a hacker from the gas company or electric they gave me a yr free for credit/ID-theft protection. that is how the club should of handle this but no they dont care about there customers they care about how much money they make or lose. i know i wont do business with them again.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
That email still doesn't explain why the club was archiving our credit card information in the first place. That information should have been deleted (or at the very least, encrypted) after orders were processed.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
The packing slip sent with an order to one of the TF members blows me away. I cannot believe someone with half a brain would print that for an order placed. If that package is lost, stolen, or delivered to a wrong address, some random person would easily have every bit of that card info to run with and the customer would have no idea until the card is used. They would simply think the package was lost, not knowing that print screen was in the box. Wonder how many times this fuck up has happened to random customers.

Not to mention all of the spam email, junk mail, spam texts, and telemarket calls people have been receiving from having all this info stolen and sold.

Their lack of care and common sense through this whole ordeal is very telling of what kind of "club" they really are.

Don't forget to send in your $44 and over priced shipping to get your FREE FIGAH!!!!!!1¡¡¡!!one!!!!!

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Very well could be. LOTS of club members are saying they are receiving spam in the mail, email, and at home since this hack took place, on numbers and accounts that were previously clean. There is a huge market for people looking to buy contact lists, just like for CC numbers/info.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Banks are often reluctant to do so because the administrative cost associated with re-issuing cards often exceeds the cost of the actual fraud that occurs.
This makes no sense to me at all. So they say it costs more than $1000 to re-issue a CC? Lots of the stolen club cards were being used for high end electronics etc. Also some were used for air fare. Or are they just counting the small amounts?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So we all know just how inept the Club is, right? It goes further.

1) The forms I downloaded originally omitted the email and phone number form fields. They eventually added them and updated the PDF, but I had to write them in. I filled out 2 forms, paid for 2 memberships (1 renewal, 1 new one set up in my girlfriend's name) and gave 2 separate, distinct email addresses, although both ship to the same physical shipping address (this shouldn't be a problem. Ever.).

2) I got an email for my account renewal. My girlfriend never got hers. I emailed them last night because I got an email saying that you need to log in to confirm your address and which figure (knowing they'd fuck it up, I logged in, and sure enough, they had typos on my address and didn't even put in my phone number).

3) They replied back, that "I can't have 2 accounts with the same email address" (which I never did, and I am smart enough to understand how email/logins work thus why I submitted 2 memberships using 2 different names and emails) and that instead, they created a dummy email for me, and that I needed to go to their site to request the password.

4) At their site, you submit the bogus email address they give you, and it emails the password to that fake email address. i.e. it goes nowhere, so how are you supposed to retrieve the password with the system they've established?

It's not that hard, folks. This is common sense, not something that an online business should be fucking up.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It tests the limits of how much you care about being part of their little club. It should be so smooth and painless so that you don't even think about whether or not you want to re-up, it's just an automatic response. But they force us to make hard decisions on a regular basis.

I have a Joe and TF subscription. My Joe login works, but when I attemptd to change my password, it wouldn't take.

When I go to test the TF login, it takes me to the Joe club. WTF. I'm sure THAT login is one of their strange dummy emails.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The whole Joe/TF thing boggles my mind too. Have they fucked that up in years past?

But goddamn, not being able to handle a simple task like entering an email address? Can they not read? How can they not understand that 2 separate email addresses are 2 separate email addresses, and making up a fake one isn't even a solution? Especially since you can't access the password because you can't log in to the email that doesn't exist.

And especially for new members, if someone sent in the original form without an email address (since the original PDF never had an email form field) then what good does creating an email address do that they aren't aware exists? So you can email them updates? God, it makes my brain ache.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
They didn't process my check until last week, although the customer service robot I got said it was received and processed on the 13th. What a joke.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It wasn't with my old account (although they did fuck my address up) it was with the second membership I paid for and submitted a separate email for with the form.

Since they're idiots, they replaced a valid email with a fake one "because I gave them duplicate emails" and now I can't log in to confirm the second account info (which is likely to have problems) because the account info is tied to a bogus email. Again, because they're idiots and don't understand how their system works.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
i remember you saying you sent in two. can't you call them? they are nice ppl, well the one lady is a doll, can't remember her name, but she was really good to me when i used to order alot of shit from them during the awesome ass 25th. any time there was a mess up, or if i decided to mail stuff back because i changed my mind, (like the 12 inch that came out during the 25th, i thought they were the side show ones, and was like wow!!). but i sent them back cause they sucked and she waved the return fee, i'm pretty sure i was waved that fee like 2 times.

but seriously, they are nice people, or the ones i have dealt with, anyway, they were always girls, so i'm always a good convo when it comes to the chicks, so i can actually only speak for the ladies that have helped me. there were 2 different girls, but the one was ridiculously awesome to me any time i ever had any form of a problem.
i would call.

not directed to you, more to everyone.
something we have to put in perspective here from an adult's view. what has happened to them could of happened to any one of us if we were running a business that dealt with credit and online. and everyone would be asking , so what's going on? , what are you going to do about it?

at first they knew as much as we knew, and they are trying to do the best they can.
they had to fix whatever security breach, got a new site, do whatever they could do as fast and safe as possible. they were hit blind sided, if you get hit blind sided, you ain't getting right back up. and it was a bad time to get his with renewals coming up.

alot of people need to give them some slack and see what they are actually going through. you would be doing no better if you were in their shoes, so thou shall not cast stones.

if you think they don't feel badly about this or even embarrassed, then you're a idiot.
under all the circumstances they had to deal with, all the stress and fear,, renewals, the figures, getting members to get them thier money to renew in a safe matter, i think they did the best they can and are continueing to do so.

i think on all the boards, some adults need to just relax and stop down grading the business for something they had no control of.

you wanna talk shit, talk shit about the ones who did do it. they are the damn pieces of shits that created this mess on some poor guy life and business.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
i remember you saying you sent in two. can't you call them? they are nice ppl, well the one lady is a doll, can't remember her name, but she was really good to me when i used to order alot of shit from them during the awesome ass 25th. any time there was a mess up, or if i decided to mail stuff back because i changed my mind, (like the 12 inch that came out during the 25th, i thought they were the side show ones, and was like wow!!). but i sent them back cause they sucked and she waved the return fee, i'm pretty sure i was waved that fee like 2 times.

but seriously, they are nice people, or the ones i have dealt with, anyway, they were always girls, so i'm always a good convo when it comes to the chicks, so i can actually only speak for the ladies that have helped me. there were 2 different girls, but the one was ridiculously awesome to me any time i ever had any form of a problem.
i would call.

not directed to you, more to everyone.
something we have to put in perspective here from an adult's view. what has happened to them could of happened to any one of us if we were ran a business that dealt with credit and online. and everyone would be asking , so what's going on? , what are you going to do about it?

at first they knew as much as we knew, and they are trying to do the best they can.
they had to fix whatever security breach, got a new site, do whatever they could do as fast and safe as possible. they were hit blind sided, if you get hit blind sided, you ain't getting right back up. and it was a bad time to get his with renewals coming up.

alot of people need to give them some slack and see what they are actually going through. you would be doing no better if you were in their shoes, so thou shall not cast stones.

if you think they don't feel badly about this or even embarrassed, then you're a idiot.
under all the circumstances they had to deal with, all the stress and fear,, renewals, the figures, getting members to get them thier money to renew in a safe matter, i think they did the best they can and are continueing to do so.

i think on all the boards, some adults need to just relax and stop down grading the business for something they had no control of.

you wanna talk shit, talk shit about the ones who did do it. they are the damn pieces of shits that created this mess on some poor guy life and business.

No, they've handled the entire thing like a bunch of halfwit dipshits. I'm not giving them any credit, because they're goddamn morons, and don't deserve it. They can't handle something as simple as postponing a deadline, or letting folks know there's a breach, or sending new members an activation email when they provided a valid one, and so on and so on.

This isn't one fuck up, it's a collection of them. If they want to get folks to get back on their side, then stop fucking up at every chance possible.

I shouldn't have had to mail in any forms, because all they needed to do was settle this shit and postpone the deadline. They didn't. Instead, so as not to miss out on a figure I really wanted, I had to mail in a form. That they left off critical contact information from (email and telephone, the only method of contact besides mailing you something). That was a simple fuck up, but a major one when it's an online membership.

Now I'm supposed to call them because they fucked up an email after I had to physically mail something in? They can kiss my ass and fix it. It's ridiculous.

I was irritated at first. I understood that shit can happen. It's also a hobby, I get that. But they've crossed the threshold from me being simply irritated at incompetence, to mad at their collective stupidity. But if I ran a store like this, despite hiccups I can tell you I wouldn't run it like a moron because I'm not one. There are mistakes and accidents that can happen to anyone. Not being able to understand basic logic is something that they're not going to get any forgiveness from me on.