August Banner Theme 2013 - Free For All

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I had a banner idea for the Attacknid I've been customizing, but the shitty weather has been preventing me from setting up outside.

I could do a tabletop setup in the garage, but that would rule out the burning vehicles I'd planned on using. :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think it was footloose (maybe?...I know someone did) who offered to help those in need of resizing...do it on the down low though (see rulez...yeah, I read them...shocker!)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Resizing has to be done by the individual taking the picture. There is plenty of free software to do it. If someone else does it then they get the credit.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why we are making it more difficult when we sometimes have so few entries doesn't make much sense...

If this were HT, I'd be getting an infraction for "questioning uhthoratie!" :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Why we are making it more difficult when we sometimes have so few entries doesn't make much sense...

Nothing is being made more difficult. If anyone gets help then they just need to acknowledge it. They are not doing the whole project themselves. Say you need it resized per say. The only way you can enter that picture is if you have it in the proper dimensions so really someone else did one of the important parts.

The rules really have not changed much. Now they are just being enforced so there is no "well they did not really follow theme/rules for entry". We all have devices to get on the internet so we have the power to google and find a way to be independent with our banner entries. If not, all that has to be done is a mention of who helped. It is mainly if there is a prize involved that it even applies.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I had a banner idea for the Attacknid I've been customizing, but the shitty weather has been preventing me from setting up outside.

I could do a tabletop setup in the garage, but that would rule out the burning vehicles I'd planned on using. :D

Why have I not seen any photos of this beast yet? Especially next to something 1:18 for scale. :wtf:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

Jesus Fucking Christ.

People whine and bitch cuz "you're not following the rulez" and now we tweak the rules and enforce them... and people complain "why you making people follow the rulez"

Make up your Fucking mind!

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
I think it was footloose (maybe?...I know someone did) who offered to help those in need of resizing...do it on the down low though (see rulez...yeah, I read them...shocker!)

yep that was me. sorry been out of town for a bit. if anyone needs help resizing send it to me tonight so I can resize them by Saturday

Last edited:

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Jesus Fucking Christ.

People whine and bitch cuz "you're not following the rulez" and now we tweak the rules and enforce them... and people complain "why you making people follow the rulez"

Eddie causes so much trouble around here!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jesus Fucking Christ.

Oh c'mon, you KNOW it wasn't me complaining about rules...I hardly ever read them, at least not accurately :D

I'm just saying, the more restrictions you add, the less participation you'll have...just how it is...and with low participation around here most of the time (slackers!) with contests and such, well, people may just say "f*@# it"...

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Why have I not seen any photos of this beast yet? Especially next to something 1:18 for scale. :wtf:

Soon, soon.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

:word:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
My toys are in the Brown Recluse filled attic.

Here's an old, old home remedy I learned when I was young. You hang tomato vines to dry in whatever room you are having problems with spiders. The old woman my family shared a basement with, used to do this. Supposedly, it helps to keep them away.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oh c'mon, you KNOW it wasn't me complaining about rules...I hardly ever read them, at least not accurately :D

I'm just saying, the more restrictions you add, the less participation you'll have...just how it is...and with low participation around here most of the time (slackers!) with contests and such, well, people may just say "f*@# it"...

I get that but no need to stir the pot because we have had many members complain privately and in the public forums. Way more than you realize. We spent alot of time discussing this behind the scenes trying to make this as fair as possible for everyone.

We aren't even through the first month yet and I'm seriously one complaint away from changing my view on the whole contest to "Fuck it, we just won't do it anymore". Not saying my vote is final or anything like that, just saying that I'm done with it. :whatever:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, it used to be fun...when people start taking it too seriously and getting butthurt about losing (what else could it possibly be?), that's when the fun disappears...bummer it's like that now...

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I love the monthly banner comp whether I'm entering or not. It be a shame if we lost it. Wish people would stop throwing their toys out of their prams, grow a set & man up! It's just for fun.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The banner contest is going nowhere. It is a staple of the site so there is no need to worry. As for the rules, they need to be there to keep things even. It is for fun but there is basically two things that need to be done and that is it. Sizing the picture properly and doing the work yourself. If you do not all that has to be done is mentioning who helped. It is not a huge deal. No need to get worked up over it.

The banner contest is what we do different from anywhere else. At least, I have not seen anywhere that does something like that with it's members. Most places put one banner up and call it a day. We are way cooler than that! ;)