AV-8B Harrier II is almost here!!!!

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL

https://www.facebook.com/MeritIntlL...7797744978476/796834097074834/?type=1&theater

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
This just in from yesterday over at SSHQ....

PanzerArm wrote:

Hey guys, I am not usually a source for 1:18 info, and I really am not sure if you guys have already discussed this, but I thought I would share a photo one of my local hobby businesses posted to their Facebook. The owners are at the Best of the West Show in Las Vegas right now and the caption of this photo said this was at the Merit International booth.

Images curtsey of PanzerArm

Small Scale Military Headquarters - View topic - 1:18 AV-8B from Merit?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed. At least they've made progress on the project.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Looks like the armament never made it to the showing. Overall it looks pretty amazing. I was hoping for more of a camo pattern scheme however this will do fine.

My first choice....

Followed by....

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
According to sources the signage at the Merit booth lists the harrier as a 3rd quarter release. So around August I presume.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
This just in....

MERIT INTERNATIONAL

Hello All,
The long wait is over the Merit 1/18 scale AV-8B USMC Harrier is on the way and should arrive mid to late August 2015. Hurry and get to your local hobby shop and place your Pre-order.
Here are the Features:
- Authentic colour decoration and markings
- synchronized positional exhaust nozzles x4
- Working landing gear
- Working main landing gear doors
- Positional auxiliary air intake covers
- Positional air to air refueling probes
- Positional horizontal tail fins
- Positional flaps on main wings
- Positional panels to show engine detail
- Removable drop tanks x2
- Removable AIM-9 Side wider missile x2
- Removable Mk-82 bombs x2

*Images curtsey of Merit International

https://www.facebook.com/MeritIntlLtd

Small Scale Military Headquarters - View topic - Any Scoop on the new 1/18th Scale Harrier...?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Pretty neat. What's the cost?

I didn't see Merit's booth where it usually was, just was a bunch of line stanchions.

When I got home I saw that Tony had emailed me asking if I was at the Con, but I wasn't checking 118th stuff while I was there. Did they end up having a booth somewhere else? Would have been nice to see the harrier in person again.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL

I didn't see Merit's booth where it usually was, just was a bunch of line stanchions.

When I got home I saw that Tony had emailed me asking if I was at the Con, but I wasn't checking 118th stuff while I was there. Did they end up having a booth somewhere else? Would have been nice to see the harrier in person again.

There was a booth but Merit was a no show.

Small Scale Military Headquarters - View topic - Any Scoop on the new 1/18th Scale Harrier...?

All information can be found here....

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

This site lists the MSRP at $265.00

https://legendshobbies.com/?dest=products&prod_id=4858

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Could be worse. I'd probably go $200 + shipping if I saw it and had the cash.

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
This plane took forever to come out! It is pricey but I will get it! I noticed over on one of those sights too that there is supposed to be a new 1/18 scale Huey helicopter and MRAP coming out too! Stay tuned....

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'd bite at $200 plus shipping. That's about what the F-14 cost and I like that plane a LOT more than the Harrier.

So basically I'm not paying more for a plane I like less. Supposed higher costs associated with making such a plane today are irrelevant to me. Had they kept the functionality down, maybe they could of kept costs down. Or maybe had they made a plane with higher demand (A-10), I and tons of other guys would've caved (for maybe even a higher profit margin).

Oh well. Looks nice. I hope those that do buy in post lots of pics. :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Looking back at some of the older Harrier threads, I was reminded that they were gonna do a kit. Wonder if that's still the plan.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This plane took forever to come out! It is pricey but I will get it! I noticed over on one of those sights too that there is supposed to be a new 1/18 scale Huey helicopter and MRAP coming out too! Stay tuned....

Those UH-1s were teased 3-4 years ago, and the last we heard (maybe 2 years ago, now) was that they were on the back burner. They aren't coming, and even if they were, the proposed mods would likely have them in the $250 range. Even I, who can come up for an excuse for another Huey with little prompting, ain't going there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit, just release the damn new parts as a kit for all I care.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That would be the best thing for those that need multiple sets of those armaments.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The first version just had new 7-shot pods. I don't recall if they were open or encased tubes. They'd just need to plug into the existing hard point.

The second was to have the M16 subsystem (quad M60s) which consisted of the Emerson mounts and the feed chutes and the M60Cs, all of which mounted to the existing M156 universal mount. So there's all that new stuff, plus modifications to the mount. The second complication is that the chutes feed into rectangular cut-outs in the fuselage, and who can say if they planned to modify the fuselage molds to do it properly, or were just gonna have a round hole and a plug on the chute end..

Honestly, I think they never got passed the teaser artwork and the idea to do them.