Bat-Pod WIP

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'm showing off this Moebius Models Bat-Pod mostly in the interest to letting the rest of you guys know about it. I don't recall hearing of it before seeing it in the HobbyWorld shop awhile ago. It's listed as 18th scale but seems a tad small due to how SE rides in the cradle. It comes with a TDKR CatWoman figure, but she doesn't have any cannibalizable parts aside from the head and it's not really a flattering depiction of Anne Hathaway, imho.

The Pros are that it's detailed out the wazoo and the wheels roll. The Cons are that it's very spindly and likely to break somewhere sooner or later, and that the wheels are off-center and roll wonky (although that's no doubt my fault as everything went together well enough).

I still haven't painted it nor have a BatMan to ride it. I'm just not able to come up with a recipe I like. On the other hand, I might paint it up for my Carrie Kelly Robin instead.

Dogarc

Magic Sky Daddy
Jan 12, 2013
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Thats a nice bike. For a batman custom if you want an armored batman use the snake eyes for a base adding some boots or armored legs. Then add a batman head cape and paint and you have a batman. For tights use the ult. snake eyes and sculpt the details on him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is the bike undersized or is SE overly large? I'd wager the error is Hasbro's. Looks cool. Completely impractical, but that's par for the course in the world of comics and film.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
SE is actually a lot smaller than the CW figure Moebius included, fwiw. His fitting in place issues are due to him being a figure not sculpted to fit perfectly in place on the elbow and knee rests, imho. It's one reason I'm thinking of giving it to Robin.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That's cool, and you did a great job on the assembly! I think that SE looks alright, even though you don't intend to use him specifically.