Beachead

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Airborne Ranger patch may be WWII dated, but it looks cool.

The pack was made from a 21rst Century WWII fig with Our Wars Pouches & rope added.

In the Freedom Crusades he will be call Ranger X

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Patch ain't changed, they just wear a subdued one in combat zones.

I gotta learn to do patches, for real. Looks real good, Rick, even if the modern look ain't my bag.

Wry1

Enlisted
Jun 7, 2011
well done man, i can definitely dig this as BH.

i was gonna say maybe paint his neck the same color as the balaclava (just a stupid pet peeve of mine 'cuz i had to wear them for so long. they don't stop at the chin, they go down to your shoulders, like a ski mask.), but i guess that would look kinda weird when the balaclava is rolled up in the other pix.

all around man, solid work!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks guys!

wry1, I would have kept it the same color, but only changed it because of the regular head sculpt. I thought of keeping it the same color as some under armor type shirt under the sweater. I might put it back. Thanks for the inspiration from your last set of customs.

I thought of having him with his classic style weapon with the long mag but didn't fit the pouch size on the webgear.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Patch ain't changed, they just wear a subdued one in combat zones.

I gotta learn to do patches, for real. Looks real good, Rick, even if the modern look ain't my bag.

do you mean modern look in general or just the modern look of Beach?

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Sweet custom yet agian. The detail. Is amazing. Only issue I see is the patch is from the 101st Abn. He would be 75th Ranger Reg.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sweet custom yet agian. The detail. Is amazing. Only issue I see is the patch is from the 101st Abn. He would be 75th Ranger Reg.

There is that....

Technically speaking on his left arm he should be going patchless, unless the Joe team has a patch (the eagle thing, I guess) and the 75th (or One-hunned-and-worst, if he served in combat with them in Rick's Joeverse) should be on the right.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I put it on the left because that was the arm I carved it out of. There is a Ranger patch painted on this fig on the left. Damn rubber bands around his arm mess things up a bit.

KT are you saying I should have that on his right? If so that's an easy fix and I could put it on the little pocket below the flag patch. I'd rather do that because the painted patch although very faint would be left alone and I wouldn't have to cover it and have the rubber bands piss me off

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If he was deployed with them, but is no longer in the unit then yes, it should go on the right. Current unit goes on the left.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Cool, then I'm switching it so both show.

Thanks for the knowledge. They are just toys but we here strive for perfection and settle for excellence.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Done. I sliced that patch so thin. Being on the pocket I had to as it was popped out a bit too much. I got it as thin as paper.

Looks really cool below the flag and leaves the other one visible.

Pics will have to wait, camera's packed for the trip.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That's nice Rick...funny how we've gotten so used to your awesome dios that they sometimes go unnoticed...you still working on any new dio material?

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
You may have mentioned it before, but how did you make the dive watch? It adds so mutch more to the awesomeness of you work.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All new pics are up. I switched the patch over to the right as K-Tiger suggested/enlightened me on and made him a backpack and goggles.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Did you also give him a bit more detail paint?...looks more in line to other stuff you've done very recently...looks real good!...

Did you scratch make the backpack?...I dont recognize it at all...very nice looking little sack...

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Hi!
Sorry to say it, but I must URGE you to give us a tutorial on how to make a 1:18 scale watch for the figures.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hi!
Sorry to say it, but I must URGE you to give us a tutorial on how to make a 1:18 scale watch for the figures.

I can, but it's elementary. If you have an exacto knife your good.

All I did is carve it out of a 21rst Century WWII Airborne alternate arm, then a thin strip of Hockey tape.

Then Wrap and glue

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Ah!
I thought you'd scratchbuilt them.
Actually, I was thinking about cutting disks off a round plastic sprue from some plastic model kit, paint it and put it on a strip of tape.
Thanks for answerinfg my question, though.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did you also give him a bit more detail paint?...looks more in line to other stuff you've done very recently...looks real good!...

Did you scratch make the backpack?...I dont recognize it at all...very nice looking little sack...

Eddie it's a 21rst Century WWII backpack and I added pouches from an Our Wars vest and painted it. The back pack has a peg