Carded Club Footloose

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Had a chance to buy one today for $90 I'm really kicking myself for not doing it. I'm more of an ARAH guy and just started getting a little more into the new stuff after going to the convention, just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. A little about the $ but more about going down that rabbit hole. Hard to pass up what seemed like a deal.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Carded Footloose would've been worth it to me even at $90. Fortunately, I got mine at cost by being lucky as fuck and being online at the right time. But, he was one I had been wanting for a loooong time in the ME format, and I would've paid that for him. Dialtone and Iceberg aren't worth more than $50 carded, and Iceberg maybe only $15.

But if you have an opened one, then Footloose is best enjoyed that way. He's one of my favorite figures. He deserves to be played with. Carded is just great for display.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
You guys aren't making me feel better, I knew I should have coughed up the cash. :eek:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

hahaha.

Honestly I didn't want to sell it. I'm trying to get away from MOC collecting completely but deep down I don't want to. One day, I put a bunch of my MOC figs on eBay to "sell". I put them at ridiculous prices secretly hoping that nobody would buy them and i can just keep them. Sure enough, some dumbfuck paid an arm and a leg for Zarana, Jinx and FL.

Now I have to sell the rest of my MOC collection cuz I have holes now! Arrrggghhh

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm not gonna sell my carded figures anytime soon... Because the ones I'd want to keep are the ones that would sell the best, and then it'd bother me that I didn't have all of them, like you said. And to sell off the ones that would sell the best, means that once I sell 'em, there's no way in hell I'll ever buy them back at the inflated prices they'd be going for in a few years.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not gonna sell my carded figures anytime soon... Because the ones I'd want to keep are the ones that would sell the best, and then it'd bother me that I didn't have all of them, like you said. And to sell off the ones that would sell the best, means that once I sell 'em, there's no way in hell I'll ever buy them back at the inflated prices they'd be going for in a few years.

yup. that's pretty much my dilemma now.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
yup. that's pretty much my dilemma now.

The funny thing is, I actually do have holes in the collection. I skipped all of Wave 5 of the 25th figures except for the all-black Snake Eyes because I already had every single one of them in the first 2 5-packs, and at the time I was like, screw it, I can find them later and give myself something to find.

I also only got a few of the HOH figures, because they were all redundant and at $100 for figures I already had, it was just stupid. I think I got the B.A.T. and Flint since the presentation was nicer than the 25th versions, and later maybe got a few more at TJ Maxx when they were on sale for $5. I think I got 3 or so of the fixed-wrist, chrome-plated Vipers?

But besides those guys, I have all the 25th besides that stupid yellow Stalker, PDDestro (either version) and Rowdy Roddy Piper, and all of those are either too ugly, or too expensive, to bother.

Man, just thinking about those holes makes me wanna dump my carded collection now...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
hahahaha.

What got me to was the different card arts. Like Airtight, Lifeline and Lowlight etc. I didn't like how different they were, so I just opened them instead. I'm mostly a opener only now. I think the last straw will be if I dump my Yellow Stalker, then it will be all over.

A upcoming issue is going to be the LJ you got me. The plan is to keep her carded until something better comes along. I will either just open her one day, trade her for a non-signed that I can open or trade/sell her. We'll see.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I only buy duplicates of the starburst/25th card art. The only ones that bug me are the fucking SDCC Zarana and Jinx. They're both on that stupid digital background! WHY!? Why would they change the background for those two? Sarge was on the proper explosion! Argh!

The Club's figures at least look good on the card for the most part, despite their shitty art on some of the FSS figures and Iceberg's figure practically ruining the figure despite the art.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
yea I don't even care about the FSS figs. They "don't count" for me. I split the set with Fogger and of the 6 that I'm getting, I'm probably only going to keep 3 of them and I'm opening at least 1 of the three right away.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm gonna be a dumbass and likely do two sets of the FSS 2.0 and that'll probably break me from doing that ever again.

So far, with FSS 1.0, they've had two carded figures whose bubbles practically slid off in transit for a good portion of the members (I've read that both Boa and Cover Girl had that happen to their cards) and we've had the cop guy and now Grunt missing glaringly obvious paint apps. Throw in just how godawfully-phoned-in Iceberg is, and there's no doubt in my mind they're letting their quality slip.

Opened figures I can tweak to my heart's desire, but carded ones I can't without ripping open the bubbles, and that destroys the value.

To be honest, Footloose is one of their truly flawless figures. Dammit YT1! You should've bought it! ;)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
yea, I think everyone can agree that YT1 fucked up :D

Haha I realized we'd ruined his thread by derailing it and just rubbed it in even worse. :proposetoast:

At the end of the day, though, let's be honest... These are a waste of money in the long run. It's something I used to enjoy immensely and still do, but from time to time now, the clouds part and I see the sunlight and think to myself "what the fuck am I doing?"

It's not that big of a deal in the long run.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Fucking hell. The loose ones are $100 on eBay. I just sold a sealed bagged one to a friend for $30 or some change. Carded are $150+. At least it's not as insane as the Dial-Tones, but damn.

I just don't get any joy out of selling these and ripping guys off, or contributing to the inflated pricing. I guess I'm not a "true" collector, but I get no joy out of making money off it. It's all about collecting. I know I'm a rare one out there, but I just don't get that part of the collector mentality. I also don't get off on the exclusivity angle. I wish everyone that wanted one could get them.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
for sure. I've have been thinking for awhile now, that I want/need to thin out my collection. I need to get rid of the 34 Cobra Commanders and 29 Storm Shadows that I have. I've been lazy and I have a complete 25th/30th collection minus a few variants that I don't want to mess up.

Eventually when I get around to it(probably when I move), I'm going to sell everything except true ARAH remakes and get rid of all duplicates. So I will keep the best looking Destro, Firefly, Duke etc. By best, I mean ARAH Accurate :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Fucking hell. The loose ones are $100 on eBay. I just sold a sealed bagged one to a friend for $30 or some change. Carded are $150+. At least it's not as insane as the Dial-Tones, but damn.

I just don't get any joy out of selling these and ripping guys off, or contributing to the inflated pricing. I guess I'm not a "true" collector, but I get no joy out of making money off it. It's all about collecting. I know I'm a rare one out there, but I just don't get that part of the collector mentality. I also don't get off on the exclusivity angle. I wish everyone that wanted one could get them.

how much is DT going for?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I found a AFA carded VINTAGE one for $300, and a Club carded one for $400. The $400 Club one was the only one I even saw in the results.

Look, I've got some Masterpiece Transformers that are worth $400 or so on eBay, and I'd probably sell those for that. That's still ridiculously expensive, and they're not worth that, but they are worth the $150-200 range, depending on which one it is due to all the parts involved. Transformers are complex and each one is its own engineering marvel, especially at the Masterpiece level. I'm talking hundreds of pieces with pretty good QC.

25th/ME Joes do have a good deal of parts to them, but considering the reuse and the fact that they don't have to transform, to pay $400 for Dial-Tone is frankly stupid. I don't give a shit how rare he is. And he was JUST MADE! Carded vintage ones have GOT to be a considerable amount more rare, and for one to be AFA graded for $100 less than one that came off the assembly line less than 3 years ago? That's goofy.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I got my FL from a friend who is a Club member. He was able to grab one when they had them in the store for a little while last year. $30 loose. It's still too much for one figure, but he is a great figure for sure. I should probably get him out and display him instead of keeping him in a box under my desk.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Keep checking eBay...a few carded ones went for around $70. There's deals to be had.

I had the one from my membership and managed to snag an bagged and one carded from the club store the day they went up.

The loose figure is definitely one of the best ME figs out there IMO.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
for sure. I've have been thinking for awhile now, that I want/need to thin out my collection. I need to get rid of the 34 Cobra Commanders and 29 Storm Shadows that I have. I've been lazy and I have a complete 25th/30th collection minus a few variants that I don't want to mess up.

How many of those fucking characters have they made?

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden

im the same way. i dont have it in me to over price something. i didnt start this with that mentality. i still never gathered that mentality.

the 25th i am selling, i feel they are at a fair price, being that they are brand new and everyone is paying 10 for shit figures anyway. and they are a few years old. i know no matter what, selling em at 10, i lost money due to interest and over prices i paid back then. but i figure at least i could get something back. but no one even wants to buy em, i figured at 10 you could fill in your collection or even buy em for fodder.

we have the same mentality, and that is a strong reason why i like you so much. i lioke you for many other reasons, but you being so real and down to earth stands out so much..

anthony on the other hand, doesnt reply to pms till ten years later, lol. fucker.. he waits til all my money is spent and i cant buy the shit he has.. bastard..

how crazy is it that anthony got a cell phone, haha, WOW!!!

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
See, you guys went off the rails but came back to the same conclusion I did. Whatever money I saved on this 1 figure would pale in comparison to what trying to be a modern completist would cost me.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
Carded Footloose would've been worth it to me even at $90. Fortunately, I got mine at cost by being lucky as fuck and being online at the right time. But, he was one I had been wanting for a loooong time in the ME format, and I would've paid that for him. Dialtone and Iceberg aren't worth more than $50 carded, and Iceberg maybe only $15.

But if you have an opened one, then Footloose is best enjoyed that way. He's one of my favorite figures. He deserves to be played with. Carded is just great for display.

scored one in a trade for a custom vehicle. awesome fig. I love playing with myself :thumbsup:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
If you're talking about the seller I think you are, he had two and one loose one? He still had one at the end of the show. He always has a booth at Wizard World/Comic-con, so if you go there, you might be able to find him there... if not, I think he posts at rebelscum, or his friend does... I'll see if I can find his name there.

What building was it in, do you remember? The one I'm talking about was across from my booth in the Trades building(the nice barn-ish building, not the new one, but not the old nasty outdoor barns, lol).

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
You were at Kane Co also? That's so cool! Last fall was my first one and I thought they had a lot more then. Yep, he was in that second largest building. Don't worry about tracking him down, I'm OK.