Casting ideas/questions

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Any particular reason we're going "down incognito"?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It's for "special" projects. Mainly so that other places don't be a bother. The main thread is still the place to discuss but here is good for anything that may be projects where others may get but hurt.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yeah pretty much I'm tired of an other caster stalking my thread waiting every little I do and them tell me I can't cast that or I need permission. To much drama. I don't want to drop names but I'm sure you can figure out who it is. It starts with Aly and ends with osha.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
King of not shipping product is more like it.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
anybody wants to read an email he sent me send me you email addy and I will send it over.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
He's actually had people call me and tell me to stop making certain parts that were just regular hasbro parts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now that is some horseshit. He really needs to worry about getting his own house in order.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
yep. He stalks my threads over on HT. I really don't pay attention to what other casters are doing. Apparently he says there is a casters code that we don't cast what other guys are doing. I never heard of that. Especially when it comes to repros. Hes says I need to give him a nod and show respect. All I have say is that guy is BATSHIT CRAZY!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
HAHA... The guy is delusional. He's just upset b/c someone has ruined his almost complete monopoly on the market. He should have not taken his customers for granted. He's realizing that he's going to have to actually work now in order to compete.

You owe him nothing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yep. He stalks my threads over on HT. I really don't pay attention to what other casters are doing. Apparently he says there is a casters code that we don't cast what other guys are doing. I never heard of that. Especially when it comes to repros. Hes says I need to give him a nod and show respect. All I have say is that guy is BATSHIT CRAZY!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
As far as the "code" goes, I know both Dave (Slayer) and Raginspoon have said they don't want to step on the toes of one another, but that's their decision. Aly taught Raginspoon how to do mold and cast, and Dave and Aly used to run a site together (Good-to-Go Customs) back in the day. That was until they got hit with a lawsuit for casting Star Wars stuff and then GTG broke up and that's when Broken Arrow Toys and Tri-Gate Creations came around. That's why there's a section on Broken Arrow called "GTG Lives!", or something to that effect.

As far as I'm concerned, Aly and Dave can go pound sand. They both have screwed a multitude of customers over and are notoriously known for their piss-poor Customer Service. Raginspoon has been solid in my experience though.

Again, they all have this code b/c they're buddy-buddy w/one another, but Aly has no reason to expect you to abide by their "code".

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Was that email epic? I was in such awe over it I couldnt respond to him. I only have ever known of a few big time casters that did 1:18 scale stuff and slayer is on hiatus so I don't have anything to say to him except he needs to bring his A game.
Doing mail order casting is easy by any means and I have made some mistakes but I don't hide from them and I fix them ASAP.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, the e-mail was ridiculous. He made it apparent that he's scared of you winning over a lot of his customers. That's his own fault. I'd keep all of those e-mails/PMs.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If that code is anything like the code of the road I'd get the hell out of dodge, TJ!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I am sure he's not gonna like this. I am gonna cast SW in blue and gonna cast some cassettes in black,red, and purple.

Attachments

• SW.jpg
    SW.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Was he planning on doing it then not shipping them when people ordered them? ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm sure there are guys still waiting for those figure kits.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Nice place ya got here! And yeah, Alyosha thinks he's the end all, be all of casting. Like I said before, don't pay him any mind. Just do what you're doing.

I've gotten my first order from you, and fast considering your work load from the con, and looking forward to getting more soon as I know what I want. It's some top notch stuff in my opinion, and not having to wait forever is a bonus.

Aly doesn't know how to run it as a business, and he doesn't know how to treat people. You however, possess both traits in spades, and I applaud you for it.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Could you wait until Sunday to let the public see that? I want to sell mine off first. :)

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Wanna know if anyone is down for this. I can get weapons rendered in 3d models and have them printed up and then I can cast them and offer them up at a price that's affordable. Is anything anyone else hasn't done and we would want. I can make
It happen just say the word.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
If we can get at least 8 weapons to do ill send it over to my contact to give me some 3d models and we can have our own line of shit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
With this group we should have a list of 8 done right ricky-ticky.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Good. I tired of these other guys thinking they are entitled to stuff just because they have acquired a skill. Just cause they can take and down scale it doesn't make it theirs.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed!

I'm gonna throw the SA-24 Igla-S MANPADS and the RPG-29 out there, since there's a shortage of Russian items that aren't small arms.

AMT Hardballer Longslide as a novelty item?

Something .30 cal and WWII, be it an AN/M2 Stinger/M1919A4/M1919A6

PKM!

Probably should start a new thread and run it for a few days, then run a poll to narrow it down.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I wanna try to keep it quite...I don't want other guys on my jock till they are in production. Maybe we can just do a thread like a wish list and see what they say. Oh by the way I have to mold those two things again. I tried do mold them in the heat and they didn't turn out.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'll have to check and see what others have done. I'd love a nice G 36 but that one is in the works it looks like. A shame too because it seems it will only go to one caster to make meaning I won't see it. :(

Has anyone ever done a Saiga Semi-auto shotgun? I like the Marauder AA-12 automatic but it is just a hair too big I felt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got ya on both!

No Saiga to my knowledge, MB. I have to say I'd like an S variant in AK furniture.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
How about a good old Remington 700/M40. I can't be the only one that wants a Low Light with a sensible rifle.