Castle Destro?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is the Sheriff of Nottingham Castle playset done by Vivid Imaginations for the UK market, from the BBC Robin Hood tv series.

Granted, it's a medieval castle and there aren't many among us that would be in to a Castle Destro, but i thought i'd bring it up anyhow. I think it'd be great with 2 end-to-end. Apparently it has sounds too, if that's your bag.

Couple of problems, though. Robin Hood went off the air in the UK in 2009, and this set is from '07. Being that this line was in all likelihood a UK, or at least a Western European deal, finding one, let alone 2 at this late date could be problematic. We won't even get in to transatlantic shipping.

Secondly, this isn't problem so much an act of full disclosure, but this was a 5" line. Now, in my mind this isn't an issue, as the larger scale makes the castle look larger when populated by 1:18 figures. You mileage, however, may vary.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
from the front at least, two side by side would be really cool...though, i'd really like to see Rex make a foam castle :D

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Wow, that thing is nifty.

How much do they cost?

Like you said, if the show went off the air and the toys are off the shelves, it will be hard to find.

I have a Narnia Castle (typical, I know) as my Castle Destro set.

Not many other selections for this kind of thing, but thank you for sharing with us.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That one would be great for space. It's not as big as the Narnia one. The one Bravestarr has is fairly big I think.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want to say they originally retailed around 40 pounds, which puts it on the low side of 80 bucks, i think.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Get that, the Narnia castle and the Great Hall from Harry Potter and you'd have one hell of a setting.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
That would be cool for some Castle Wolfenstein dios! Or Indy for that matter..