CC/Destro

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I'm just starting to get into Joe customs. I figured I'd put my own spin on these and not do anything from a reference.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I really dig that all Black CC! The Hood goes really well with that Renegades body.

Destro is a bit too Red lol, but he looks really good. I like those Cobra Sigs on his thighs. Maybe swap out his head for a Chrome one?

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I really dig that all Black CC! The Hood goes really well with that Renegades body.

Destro is a bit too Red lol, but he looks really good. I like those Cobra Sigs on his thighs. Maybe swap out his head for a Chrome one?

The thing that sucks about doing paint on customs is I'm colorblind as a mofo. I think something looks awesome and when I show my wife she's like "why is it Pink". *Grabs face and sighs*. So to Red in genreal or not a good looking Red? Maybe a darker Red would be better?

As for Destro I was going for a bulkier look. I painted a Serpantor head, Silver. I think if I got something to shine it up a little it might look better. All the Destro heads I tried looked to small for the body I was using, IMO.

Thanks for the feedback.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
A Serpy Head? Nice! I didn't even notice that at first, that's cool. The actual Red Color is fine, it's just so much Red on him imo. Maybe paint his belt black? Either way, he looks really cool. Looking forward to checking out the rest of your customs.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
A Serpy Head? Nice! I didn't even notice that at first, that's cool. The actual Red Color is fine, it's just so much Red on him imo. Maybe paint his belt black? Either way, he looks really cool. Looking forward to checking out the rest of your customs.

Thanks, I figured since I was going to have an army of Blue Troopers behind them, I would use colors that stand out for the leader types. I like a Blue CC but wanted him to be a different color so I went with the Black. I thought I'd reverese Destro's colors for shits and giggles. Plus I was going to have a small squad of Crimson Guards and IG's in Red also.

crowncoke

Enlisted
Feb 9, 2012
good work on both these figures. the Destro looks like the Red Jackal from the Action Force bad guys.

The CC really gives a menacing look in Black... always prefered that color scheme.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

That Serpentor head works amazingly well! While the first 25th Destro is still my favorite, I still don't have a Destro that I love, and I've bought about 10. I've got about 3-4 of those awful Serpentor heads and now I know what to try with one. The expression works great, and I haven't seen that done before.

As for the CC, he looks good. I'm not a fan of black on CC, but it works enough. It looks good, regardless of my personal tastes.

Destro though, I dig the head and you did a fine job on the paint, I just see Destro as rocking black, gray, or dark blue, probably not red. Bright red seems more appropriate for the Crimson Twins. It's an original combo, but I'm not digging it. That head choice though, makes it all worthwhile.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
That Serpentor head works amazingly well! While the first 25th Destro is still my favorite, I still don't have a Destro that I love, and I've bought about 10. I've got about 3-4 of those awful Serpentor heads and now I know what to try with one. The expression works great, and I haven't seen that done before.

As for the CC, he looks good. I'm not a fan of black on CC, but it works enough. It looks good, regardless of my personal tastes.

Destro though, I dig the head and you did a fine job on the paint, I just see Destro as rocking black, gray, or dark blue, probably not red. Bright red seems more appropriate for the Crimson Twins. It's an original combo, but I'm not digging it. That head choice though, makes it all worthwhile.

Cool, glad you were able to use something from it. That's whats fun about customs, you might see something you've never seen or give you an idea.