Voting will take place for 7 days. The winner will advance to Round 2

You can view the Bracket Here

Each entry will get there own post

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ba'al:

Bio:

a'al is a lesser demon, who's spent the majority of his life on the 8th plane of hell, but he's looking to get out and eat... err, I mean meet some new people.

He was born 2389 years ago, and has been stuck in an endless loop of torture, rape and maiming all those unfortunate souls that have been sent to him. But he's tired of that (who wouldn't be?). He needs some real excitement.

His first stop after manifesting himself on our plane of existence was to take home the top spot at a Kumite challenge earlier this month, where he defeated several opponents in an arena of death. And now, he needs more combatants to defeat... and eat...

Entry Thread

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Harry Dresden:

Bio:

I the hell am Harry Dresden.

Professional Wizard, Warden of the White Council of Wizards, and Knight of the Winter Court.

Harry has fought just about every beast, creature, demon, and baddy you can think up - werewolves, vampires, fallen angels, faeries, Outsiders, necromancers, a skinwalker, and even managed to kill an immortal or two.
He is just as comfortable with hand to hand fighting as he is with tossing around large amounts of magic, but does use a sawed-off shotgun and a reliable .44 magnum revolver when he needs it.

Thy Rod and Thy Staff – they comfort me.

Harry’s magical tools of the trade include a blasting rod and wizard’s staff. The blasting rod is a two foot long piece of carved wood used to focus his will into spells. The staff is a long piece of wood carved with runes and sigals used to focus his will and energy into spells for fire, wind, and sometimes as a make shift club.

On the defensive side, Harry’s black duster in layered with protective spells. It can stop attacks ranging from machine guns to monster claws and fangs. The shield bracelet worn on his wrist allows him to cast a protective shield that can stop bullets and attacks. He can even use it to create a protective sphere against attacks from multiple directions.

Magic
Harry uses three main types of magic – fire, kinetic, and wind. The wind magic allows Harry to pick up items to throw at opponents or to create a cyclone. The kinetic magic sends a blast of pure force at an opponent. While he does know how to create veils to hide himself, and some earth magic to open holes in the ground, his spell of choice involves fire.

Quote:
“Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day," I say. "But set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Tao of Pratchett. I live by it.â€￾

Harry’s fire magic is his bread and butter. He’s known to burn down buildings and turn enemies to ash, His fire magic became much more powerful after an Archangel named Uriel granted Harry the power of Soul Fire. Soul fire uses a piece of his soul in order to super charge his magic.

Winter Knight
As Knight to the Winter Court, the Winter Queen Mab’s chosen mortal carries the Knight’s Mantle, allowing for ice enhanced spells, increased strength, endurance, and physical abilities, as well as increased pain tolerance.

Bob
Harry’s knowledge of magic is greatly enhanced (relies heavily upon) Bob the skull. Bob’s not really a skull, he’s a spirit of intellect that has worked along-side wizards since the Dark Ages and doesn’t forget anything so he has vast knowledge of magical theory and the supernatural.

Entry Thread

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Harry Dresden -

"Oh Hells Bells, I'm a freaking Wizard people."

I've beat the crap out of fallen angels known as the Denarians. Besides, the energy output required to keep himself in our plane of existence can't allow him to bear his full power. Sure it'd be enough to kill me, but then again, I've been in this situation before. Come to think of it, it's kind of depressing to think how many times I've been right here, facing some ugly, power hungry wanna-be. And what's standing between those who can't protect themselves and the horrors from the Underworld and the Never-Never? Me. Harry Fucking Dresden - that's who. I'm always here. I'll always be here.

This deformed, half-baked butterfly is going to feel my soul fire. The power of creation. 8th plane of hell, sound's like he's more of an cold weather kind of guy. I can do cold. I am the Winter Knight after all. But in this case, a little fire will go along way. All it takes is the right tool for the job.

"And I am that tool..." I say.

One of these days I'm going to say something cool out loud.

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
Are we still talking about this Baal guy, Elijah showed that guy up like 5000 years ago and then killed 400 of his prophets...in flip flops. Harry Potter wins all of the way!

Sincerely,
Sylvester Stallone