Voting will take place for 7 days. The winner will advance to Round 3

You can view the Bracket Here

Each entry will get there own post

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Overlord:

Bio:

Overlord was among the first Cobra Troopers recruited by Cobra Commander. After that he stepped up to the Viper corps where he lost his right eye in a battle lost thanks to the Commander's inflated ego and poor judgement of the situation. From this day forth he swore he would take control of the Cobra organization, he would bide his time but that day would come. Gaining a solid reputation between his peers as a great strategist and ruthless fighter he ascended to the position of First Crimson Guard, a position which granted him access to the Commander himself and his secrets. He convinced Cobra Commander, with a good deal of blackmailing, to give him assets and free reign to create The Coil, a mercenary army operating most in the Middle East. The Coil prospered and secretly infiltrated the great oil families and companies.
After Serpentor's rise to power, he saw a glimpse of hope for Cobra, but Serpentor's mad lust for battle and conquest turned him into a bad leader as much as the Commander was.
Overlord decided to take advantage from Serpentor's distorted sense of honor. First he set up an ambush to capture the greatest killer of Cobra operatives in the world: Snake Eyes.
Having success were Cobra Commander and Serpertor failed many times he decapitated Snake Eyes in front of a crowd of Cobra minions and challenged Serpentor for a combat to the death. The winner would rule Cobra undisputedly.
Now Overlord sits in Cobra's throne, a throne adorned with the heads of Serpentor and Snake Eyes. The Commander is leashed wearing blue pajamas at the bottom of the stairs.

Entry Thread

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Gi Ty Pham:

Bio:

As a boy Gi Ty Pham studied under his father who was a great master of several martial arts forms and spent most of his life farming a small piece of land his family had inhabited for generations.
He later inherited the land from his father and began to raise a family of his own, passing on what he had learned and continuing the search for enlightenment through meditation . His wife and daughter often watched as he would gracefully navigated his fields as if guided by precognitive abilities. In fact through intense meditation Gi Ty discovered he could communicate with the very building blocks of all objects, he could listen to them and they would obey his commands. Never wanting to be more than what he was , he humbly kept his knowledge to himself. Until one day on his daughters 13th birthday a group of local soldiers employed by a local governor came to his cottage to claim their "rights" of his beloved Sara who was now considered by the local Warlord of age. Gi Ty was working in the field when he heard his wife's cries for help. His abilities allowed him incredible speed and he arrived just in time to see one of the soldiers pierce his wife's chest with his sword. Fearing for his life another grabbed his daughter and threw her over his saddle and began to flee as he saw Gi Ty project what appeared to be lightning from his fingertips and electrocute the man who had killed his wife without any effort. As Gi Ty approached the soldier carrying his daughter he unsheathed his blade and quickly mowed down the remaining soldiers that had come to have their way with his only child. He was so enraged by this violation to his family it took only a wave of his hand to toss the fleeing soldier ,horse and all ,through the air as if the very force of the wind was his to command. When he approached the man on the ground he was already dead and there pinned under the mass of the horse she had been carried on his daughter Sara lay lifeless as well. He had been so blinded by anger Gi Ty had failed to fore see the consequence of his action and realized he was responsible for her death.
Never again would he lose control .He spent years mastering the new abilities he had discovered. Disciplining his mind to listen to and control the forces around him. He learned through the power of the forces around him of a powerful crystal . With this crystal he could build a new weapon that would channel energy through the crystal into an intense beam of light as got as the sun.
He now wanders traveling in disguise as a hermit hooded ad cloaked. He is always hunting for injustice and those who would seek to enforce their will upon others .He never lifts his hand to anyone unless his life depends on it , always first trying to offer his opponent an opportunity to come to a peaceful resolution. When all diplomacy has failed only then will he defend himself because he is still fears,and secretly longs for that moment when his darkside will be unleashed.
When he learned of the tournament he took it as an opportunity to further his quest to bring a balance to the world and possibly turn some powerful warriors to his cause. Those who will not join him will perish and if he should fall , he will finally realize his dream of being reunited with his family in the afterlife.

Entry Thread

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
On a sunny day on Cobra Island:

Tele Viper 1522: "Sir, I am picking up something on security camera 13, the one at the southeast beach. The guy looks like a hobo wearing a widow's dress."
Crimson Guard Commander: "So what operator? Just activate the automatic mini guns and let me finish my Bud-Light in peace."
Tele Viper 1522: "But sir, the guy, ... well I think is a guy, is screaming he wants to fight Emperor Overlord in some crazy contest to see who is the best warrior ... says he comes from ... a long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... and that he won't leave until our great Overlord faces him face to face... I already tried the mini guns .. but the guy really has some hocus-pocus and moved the barrels away from him.
Crimson Guard Commander: "Really? What a character ... "
Tele Viper 1522: "Sir ... ?"
Crimson Guard Commander: "What ??? I am thinking ... "
Tele Viper 1522: "Sir, should't you call our Magnificient Supreme Ruler?"
Crimson Guard Commander: "Are you freaking kidding me,operator? Whatarestupid??!! Do you want to see me headless maggot!"
Tele Viper 1522: "Wouldn't mind .."
Crimson Guard Commander: "Let's see ... use the speakers and tell our nice hobo that Overlord is honored by his challenge and will meet him in the beach in 35 minutes, ask him to kindly wait because this is the time Overlord needs to ready his armor and weapons! Do it now."
Tele Viper 1522: "Sir?"
Crimson Guard Commander: "Yes"
Tele Viper 1522: "Black hobo said thank you and is now siting in meditating position ... he looks peaceful really."
Crimson Guard Commander: "Good, goood! Give me his exact GPS position, keep an eye on him and wait for further contact."
Crimson Guard Commander: "This is CG-001, authorization code TAGM5651!"
Tele Viper 337: "TV-337, southeast Maggot column, how may I help you sir!"
Crimson Guard Commander: "Prepare a full column volley in about 10 minutes in the coordinates I just relayed to you. As soon as you see or hear a Night Raven approaching the southeast beach, you must commence firing."
Tele Viper 337: "Roger that, sir!
Crimson Guard Commander: "This is CG-001, authorization code TZRM5123!"
Strato Viper 51: "SV-51 on air patrol duty, Night Raven-71, proceed!"
Crimson Guard Commander: "Prepare to bomb these coordinates 10 minutes form now, don't be shy, you can level that piece of land, it is just sand and palm trees."
Strato Viper 51: "Roger, reading weapons systems."

... 10 and half minutes later ...
Tele Viper 1522: "SIR !!!!!? Did you just bombed dark hobo!"
Crimson Guard Commander: "Oh ... did I?"
Tele Viper 1522: "Yes you did ... that's .. that's ... not cool, sir!"
Crimson Guard Commander: "Yeah? ... bite your own forehead. Can you confirm the kill?"
Tele Viper 1522: " ... yes.. sniff ... he barely survived the MAGGOTS first round ... but he had already fall when the Night Raven made his run ... "
Crimson Guard Commander: "Good, goooood ... just send a message to Overlord saying we just stopped a GI-Joe scout team. Over and out."

Last edited:

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Ha ! Overlord , you are no emperor you are a usurper and the true Commander will return. Your foolish minions tried to destroy me , but the only thing that they succeeded at destroying was your beach vacation house. You will soon face me in the arena and I promise you will beg for mercy.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Ha ! Overlord , you are no emperor you are a usurper and the true Commander will return. Your foolish minions tried to destroy me , but the only thing that they succeeded at destroying was your beach vacation house. You will soon face me in the arena and I promise you will beg for mercy.

Is that a hint for a comic?

ska_lives

Junk Master Flash
Sep 1, 2013
ROcky Mount, NC
Id have to say that this match up is the most even of all of the ones weve seen to date. Both in terms of custom quality and the fighting abilities of the 2 characters themselves. I like the both of them, but I feel that the force lightning is negated by Overlords armor(if hes anything like the other Cobra leaders, people are always out to kill him, so that would suffice to say that the suit would be insulated against electrical shock), while Overlord would play hell working against the light sabers. All in all this match up is solid, but Id give it to overlord for sheer ruthless cunning. Sith lords are ruthless too, but they still tend to follow a strict group hierarchy.

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
I think both are great but I would give it to Overlord...Gi Ty Pham is the daddy of the sith and jedi...means he has no back up yet. Overlord has a whole army. Pham is going to put up a monster of a fight but will lose to the sheer numbers eventually. And then Overlord will peek around the tank he was behind and shout "Did you see what I did there?"

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Thoughts and commentary using the guidelines:
1. Custom quality
2. Bio/pics
3.Actual battle predictions
4.How many lasers/missiles the custom has
5.Is it a dinosaur?
6.Extras/presentation/special consideration

1--> Both are evenly matched superb customs.
Verdict: Tie
2--> Very good bios.
Verdict: Tie
3--> While OverLord may have a slight edge in tactical planning, the weapons and use of jedi sorcery gives Pham the overall edge here.
Verdict: Slight edge Pham
4--> While no truly impressive ordinance, both carry good h-t-h weapons and jedi sorcery is not to be taken lightly.
Verdict: Pham
5--> Again both are burdened by the fact they are not dinosaurs.
Verdict: Both fail
6--> Both are great customs. The clean look and parts choice to OL is outstanding. However the use of soft goods (which is very hard to do well) and overall custom makes Pham one of my personal top choices. It is a very hard choice to make and doubly so knowing Rex will have to face (and very likely be felled) by the winner here.
Verdict: Pham
Result: Either of these entries will make a great opponent, but Pham gets the vote. It was a much debated decision.