Club Sub 1.0 Update

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
Wow, what a let down! Was I the inly one that expected them to go all out with new sculpts/tooling for the 13th figure. Definietly wasn't expecting a Franken-Joe!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Wow, what a let down! Was I the inly one that expected them to go all out with new sculpts/tooling for the 13th figure. Definietly wasn't expecting a Franken-Joe!

the Club was been very disappointing lately. 1 let down after another.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I don't know who the character is or what the classic figure looked like...so I can't judge the figure based on the original...what I can judge is that card art...*barf emoticon*...who did that, an amature artist?

For anyone who can't wait 1 day for BBTS to list him for $50.

that's rather optimistic...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

I wasn't expecting anything other than a repaint/Frankenbash, so this was surprising, even if the "new tooling" is a retool of an older head. At least it's not a fucking ARAH one. It's still technically a new "ME" tooling, though. I would've rather the card art been a black silhouette inside a starburst (to emphasize the "SURPRISE!"/silly secrecy) than see that half-assed card art.

I don't know who the character is or what the classic figure looked like...so I can't judge the figure based on the original...what I can judge is that card art...*barf emoticon*...who did that, an amateur artist?

I couldn't care less about the character. It's just painful to see goobers like this guy getting "new" (read: unique to the ME line) head sculpts and other Club figures getting reused heads, or classic, well-loved/well-known 25th figures like Cutter and Leatherneck getting reused heads that boiled down to "share a hat and mustache, so they must be the same". At the very least, I commend them for taking somewhat of an effort on it.

Well, somewhat of an effort. That card art is awful.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Also, that Barrel Roll guy is like 2/3 of an okay figure, he just looks goofy and is another character I couldn't give two half-shits about. But TNT is the biggest waste of plastic and paper in this whole Sub so far. It doesn't help that his name is a stupid pun and he's painted in eyesore colors.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I lied, my mail runs late as hell on Saturdays. I got all 6 figures today.

Those cheap fuckers, they put all 4 boxes (2 figures per box, with the 13th figures being crammed in a box each with a spacer piece of cardboard) into a larger USPS Priority box. I'm sure they made a good deal of extra money by cutting corners wherever possible on shipping these.

I would much rather them put all 6 inside the big box wrapped in bubble wrap versus cramming them into a box, then inside another box, and then inside an even bigger box with wrapping paper inside that one. The problem isn't how many damned boxes it's in (although it made for a comical 10 minutes straight of unboxing) it's that the figures get stuffed into the first box, so all the extra ones don't help one bit. 3 warped cards, either bent, curled, or with jammed corners. Ridiculous.

In person, they aren't any better than pics. I'll probably open Barrel Roll, not sure yet on Ginger Will Ferrell.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
HAH!...they charge out the a$$ for individual shipping on those things and then reap the rewards?...I'd call for a shipping refund...d!cks

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

Those cheap fuckers, they put all 4 boxes (2 figures per box, with the 13th figures being crammed in a box each with a spacer piece of cardboard) into a larger USPS Priority box. I'm sure they made a good deal of extra money by cutting corners wherever possible on shipping these.

I would much rather them put all 6 inside the big box wrapped in bubble wrap versus cramming them into a box, then inside another box, and then inside an even bigger box with wrapping paper inside that one. The problem isn't how many damned boxes it's in (although it made for a comical 10 minutes straight of unboxing) it's that the figures get stuffed into the first box, so all the extra ones don't help one bit. 3 warped cards, either bent, curled, or with jammed corners. Ridiculous.

In person, they aren't any better than pics. I'll probably open Barrel Roll, not sure yet on Ginger Will Ferrell.

mother fuckers!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
*insert pic of troll*

:D

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7

*three days later*

Just got mine in today. Same deal, stolen USPS box shipped FedEx. Pretty sure the inner boxes came shipped that way from the factory. And in all honesty, those boxes are pretty sweet as long as they're packed with care. I'm not sure whose brain fart it was to ship two figures with XL bubbles together though... my cards were okay, but that was a tight fit that I can easily see causing damage. One Blackout card was dinged (and double date-stamped for some reason) but that'll be my opener.

I'm in the minority it seems, but I like Blackout for the most part. I'm a fan of the character, so that helps. (Go read the DDP series if you haven't already. Good stuff for the most part. I LOVED WW3.) Yeah, the head sculpt is goofy, but given it's the only thing they had to work with short of sculpting an all-new head it's okay. The green lens highlights give me pause though. Not sure why they went with that over the red. There's no redeeming the card art though. I can almost guarantee this was an ego-massage job bestowed upon a marginally-talented club employee, crony, or family member.

Barrel Roll is meh. The DTC deco is bland, the head is beyond generic, and the helmet looks like poo. A few years back I took this Duke, painted his hair brown and called it good enough for BR. It still wins.

TNT... oy. I know what they were going for here, and I like the idea, but the source material helped nobody at any point whatsoever. The colors I'm fine with given he's done up like an Argentinian flag, but LAWDY is they bright. Blowtorch was a flawed figure to begin with, given his crooked leg and derpy grin and off-center neck. I do like the card art... I just wish he looked like the card art.

All in all, I liked FFS1. The only figure I didn't keep was Jinx. The rest ranged from good-enough-for-the-back-row to kickass. Were they worth the cost? I'll leave that decision until after next year's con set comes out, and I can sell the Stalls all together for ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS!