[Contest] Acid Rain World

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Acid Rain World

Rules:

1. Make a figure or vehicle that would be practical in the Acid Rain world. (Must be in 1:18th scale)

2. The Custom must be original and not shown anywhere else before posting the entry.

3. Figure/vehicle must have a description or a biography. The more descriptive the better chance of winning votes. This will be on artistic approach and also creativity to why that was made.

4. You may have only 1 entry.

5. Officers may have up to 3 entries.

6. Entry/entries can be either a vehicle or a figure. Officers can make a vehicle/figure combo as they are allowed up to 3 entries. Combinations will be counted as one nomination although it is two entries.

7. Members must have at least 100 contributing posts. Contributing posts are that which are of actual discussions. No one word posts or picture posts.

8. Post count can be reached before the deadline to qualify. Any questions please ask the staff and we can clarify if you qualify or not.

9. You must create your own thread(s) titled *Users Acid Rain Contest Entry* in one of the custom sections of the forum.

10. Contest runs from 4/1/14 - 5/31/14

11. All entries must be submitted by 5/31/14 midnight central time

12. The winner will be voted on by Staff and announced on 6/2/2014

13. Voting will be based on the following in order:

-Figure/vehicle execution: Was it done per the description/biography

-Compatibility: Does it make sense in the Acid Rain World

-Realism: Does this figure/vehicle have actual function

14. Prize is a MKII Speeder that was used for review.

15. Any violations in these rules will result in a disqualification

Check out the Prize and Review below:

Speeder Review

*Vehicle and Figure have been slightly used and handled for review and display photos*

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Good Luck to everybody!

Officers have been given a few weeks head start because they are cool like that :p

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm. Does K-T have parts for dis 'ere contest?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well screw you guys, I'm taking my pre Acid Rain World acid rain stuff and going home. My AT-ST and krauts would rape those factory produced buggers anyways.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, my German AT-ST would have perfect for this. I don't see it ever being completed, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh, I haven't even thought about crew. Probably would have just slapped 21st German tankers in the bitch.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I will be throwing my hat into the ring as well.

I have one figure almost ready and am about 20 % into the vehicle .

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
As the vehicles we're talking about aren't eligible it doesn't make a bit of difference how many I can or can't enter. ;)

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Is there a story, comic, anime somewhere out there that might help get a better feel for the world?

Never mind.. I found their blog that helps a little(thanks to all those years watching anime with subtitles, I was able to understand the engrish).

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Is there a story, comic, anime somewhere out there that might help get a better feel for the world?

Never mind.. I found their blog that helps a little(thanks to all those years watching anime with subtitles, I was able to understand the engrish).

It's probably worth your time to trek through this long ass thread when you time as well. Beyond most of the news updates and product reveals, it's had some decent discussion/theories too.

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/acid-rain-world/5496-acid-rain-world-1-18th-toys.html

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Damn... looks like I'll have some homework this weekend.

I think I'm going to attempt a vehicle... hmm, I have a few ideas running around, just going off what I have in the dungeon, what do you guys think, Land, Sea or Air?

The whole figure or vehicle limitation gets me though.. as most of the vehicles are meant for figures. Like the prize for example, the figure's head sticks out the top.. could I use a placeholder figure or a blank figure(painted all black, or all white) to stand in if I need to show how the vehicle interacts with the human counterpart?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No one in the US is carrying them yet. Everyone that has them got them from overseas sources.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Okay, I'm leaning towards Air.. would be cool to make something that isn't already made in the main line.

I don't think I'd be able to do a transforming vehicle, my last attempt at that didn't turn out as well as I wanted. Maybe if I'm gutsy enough I can make two, one vehicle mode one mech mode(if I even want to go that route)..

Who's to say every vehicle in the ARW universe HAS to transform... maybe I can have a "battle mode".

Anyway, one idea I have is using it to deploy glider type of vehicles. Is the Cobra C.L.A.W. too iconic to use? If so, should I go with a different type of glider? Thoughts?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I really like the Glider idea! I think that would be practical in ARW or even some kind of jet pack.

Other non transforming ideas would be a HQ, base, or a check point.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Do we need clarification on the specifics of this contest? Are we not supposed to be creating something that fits into the ARW, or are we just swapping/modifying official ARW figs/vehicles?

I only ask, since 99% of anyone participating DOESN'T HAVE ANY OFFICIAL PRODUCT.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Considering when the contest started I would think that the point was to use non Acid Rain figures and vehicles for your custom entries. If you take an existing Acid Rain figure or vehicle and then modify it, of course it will fit in the Acid Rain style. Not much of a challenge there, eh? I believe that's why the rules state original custom but I could be wrong too.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Do we need clarification on the specifics of this contest? Are we not supposed to be creating something that fits into the ARW, or are we just swapping/modifying official ARW figs/vehicles?

I only ask, since 99% of anyone participating DOESN'T HAVE ANY OFFICIAL PRODUCT.

1. Make a figure or vehicle that would be practical in the Acid Rain world. (Must be in 1:18th scale)

This^^

Considering when the contest started I would think that the point was to use non Acid Rain figures and vehicles for your custom entries. If you take an existing Acid Rain figure or vehicle and then modify it, of course it will fit in the Acid Rain style. Not much of a challenge there, eh? I believe that's why the rules state original custom but I could be wrong too.

Somewhat right... I'll clarify.

The idea is to create a figure or vehicle that would be practical in the ARW. It needs to be in 1:18th scale. After that it's up to the creator on what parts to use. You want to use BBi, Joes, Marvel, SW, hack up a Acid Rain vehicle or create your own sculpt... go for it.

The "original custom" is more towards something that is new and unique. Showcasing something that you already created or a copy of another custom wouldn't qualify.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
The idea is to create a figure or vehicle that would be practical in the ARW. It needs to be in 1:18th scale. After that it's up to the creator on what parts to use. You want to use BBi, Joes, Marvel, SW, hack up a Acid Rain vehicle or create your own sculpt... go for it.

The "original custom" is more towards something that is new and unique. Showcasing something that you already created or a copy of another custom wouldn't qualify.

I get the contest just fine. Like Daremo said though, if you use actual ARW products, how difficult is it to create something that "fits"? For the most part, the official toy line isn't available yet to most people. Seems to me, using offical product isn't in the spirit of the contest. I mean... head swapped Sol Commanders? Really?

Creating something that would "fit", is heavily implied to mean something non-official. Otherwise... what's the point? Here, let me make a Snake Eyes, using Snake Eyes parts. Oh wait... those figures/parts are readily available. Silly me.

What's next? A Greek mythology custom contest, but only after 1-2 people have the actual BFS figs from ebay?