Coronavirus Customs

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Since many of us are stuck inside let’s see what customs dioramas & other goodies we can create

I already started a long overdue Posion Ivy custom. If I get the chance maybe I can get a few other things done.

Already cleared out the garden

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Oh, I thought you meant a 1:18 masked house mom with a Costco 96 pack of toilet paper and a 12 pack of hand sanitizer... :p

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
I started Saturday night. Tried for some quick and easy customs. Here's what I have so far:

I needed some new astronauts. I was pretty impressed with the latest version of Payload, so I took a Data Viper and two Sergeant Airborne figs and sanded down the left sleeve pockets to stick the flags on. The neck post is super long, so I had to dremel the Joseph Mazzello head a little deeper. Just some Marauder stickers and a little paint for detail, and Vo-i-la! The helmet is from SW Rum Sleg. The Skylab model is scratch. Solar panels are PC printed and glued to card stock, the main body is cut from a plastic straw.

Divers: Cobra Eel helmets, Aqua Viper bodies. Air hoses are small gauge parachute cords. Air pump is from a Walmart Triceratops set.

Female diver: Been wanting to try this for a long time. She's Valkyrie from the crotch up, MU Shanna thighs, HACKS from the knees down. Got the idea from this guy's Youtube video.

Now I'm working on a stage (a platform to lower the divers into the water) and I'll connect it to my USS Flagg's crane. Hopefully I'll have that done by Saturday.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Got done with everything I wanted to yesterday, but it took all day and ended up finishing at bedtime. I made a diving stage and air hose spooling stand, all from scratch out of balsa and basswood from Hobby Lobby. The floor of the stage is cut from a sheet of sculptor's wire mesh. Luckily, these wood pieces soak up acrylic model paint and dry pretty quickly.

Now let's see what else you folks are working on!

Reactions: ThunderDan19

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Zodiacflash, Nacho, great customs you guys! Zodiac, I especially love that first astronaut, gave me a "The Right Stuff" feeling. My custom-fu is pretty weak at the moment. The only thing I've really been working on is a robotic arm for my ALIENS universe and some slight mods to a Rose Tico, also for my ALIENS uni.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Nothing fancy, and I've done a little work to it since this picture was taken.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
OK a lot of these customs are still in progress. But wanted to show off some things I am dusting off the workbench.
sm-stargate.jpg
Star Gate will be upgraded very soon. Will be turned into an infinity mirror.
Posion Ivy & Frank 2 Harley Quins. Tick and Arthur, dune bene gesserit

sm_skeletor.jpg
Lex corp troopers, Evit Lin (old custom) Skeletor, Cheerleader Harly (Vortious) Posion Ivy

sm hawkgirl.jpg
Mummy, Female Stormtrooper, Hawkgirl, General Al Ein. (Boss Fight kit) Far back Athena & Grand Master

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Some fun stuff.
Vader.
sm-Vader.jpg
Death Star Detention Hallway, Haven't finished the entrance yet.
sm_death star detention.jpg
This one is a stupid custom, but It took forever to find usable (scaled) Bat signs for the copter, I also filled in the screw holes with putty & painted over holes.sm batcopter.jpg

Reactions: zodiacflash

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Vader is a repurposed dollar store wrestling figure.

I had previously made my own stare gate & had toyed with the idea of upgrading it. But I decided on the plastic one if I went ahead with the infinity mirror idea. They sell the Stargate in 2 different sizes on eBay/Amazon Sifi collectibles. This is the larger on the 2 sizes. They also have other gate types available. Currently I still need to build my own Dial Home Device DHD. I may need to look into finding a digital file & 3d printing that.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Well here's about three days worth of tinkering....

15 years ago I acquired spare night and sky raven parts and put together an all black raven. I never thought to put markings on it until now. Simple enough to do the exterior...

The cockpit, however, took some time. I painted some of the details. An upgraded instrument panel took some trial and error to print at just the right size to fit. The laptop computer is glued in place and the keyboard flips up to allow the copilot in and out.

A new test pilot. The body is FSS version of Scoop, grey gloves painted black on the outer part to give them a two-tone look, retaliation Airborne leg harness, chute pack and helmet from two different Ace figs. No head under there; the helmet is painted solid black on the inside and glued onto a sculpey mount on the neck post.

USS Flagg sleeping quarters. Something else I've waited years to do. Finally got spare cardboard thick enough for walls. It was easy to cut through, but the corrugation inside was kind of a pain. I didn't cover that up on the top of the walls because when it goes under the deck, it won't be seen. It lines up nicely with the stern support truss, and leaves a little space to still see the girders.