Couple of projects

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I've been working on and off (mostly off) on a few different projects.

First is mostly looking for the unlimited possibilities in the Renegades Duke figure.

I added a holster.

Helmet was just to see how it would look.

There's a lot of potential with this figure. I'm glad I have more than one.

Next is something I don't know why I never thought of before. A proper ROC Desert Ambush Duke. The figure we got, while it's a good base for a lot of MW type figures, is pretty bare bones. I modded a Steel Brigade vest, and made more realistic legs as well. The knees are from the Steel Brigade figure, and the upper/lower legs are from POC Dusty. Hands are from POC Nightfox (AWE Striker). Next up is to mod up an M4, and I might start with the one that came with 25th Airborne.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looking forward to seeing the finished products. I had alot of fun with the new rengades for a custom base. I've posted a few recently.

I agree on the roc Duke. Most of mine got the POC Jungle Duke for spec op's or the Dusty legs. I like Dusty's better for a soldier because the knee pad is a little more realistic.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I like the Dusty knee pads too, and had them on him for a while, but upon looking at stills from ROC, Duke wears this style knee pad.

As for RB, Medd. No. I haven't done anything to him as of late.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Looking good, man!

I'm curious. Do the POC Dusty legs still bow in a little with those knees or did the new knees fix that?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'm curious. Do the POC Dusty legs still bow in a little with those knees or did the new knees fix that?

It does seem to fix some of the bowing. A lot of the issue (for me at least) with the Dusty legs is with the ankles.

Look at the ankles and you can see how they're a bit at an angle and not parallel with the top part of the boot.

I'm going to try to work on the ROC Duke a bit more tonight...if I have time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i actually like the Dusty ankles because he can put his feet flat...i mean, if your feet were in boots, theyd naturally bend like that too

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like them two more for the fact they look realistic. No sheething on the shins or triple buckles

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I like the ankles too, but we're all so used to straight style ankles so it looks a bit off when it's only on the one figure.