Custom BBI Apache on Ebay

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That shot down black hawk is pretty cool. If the price stayed low that might be cool to have for a diorama.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
That shot down black hawk is pretty cool. If the price stayed low that might be cool to have for a diorama.

TBH it looks like shit. The paint is fucked up, I'm seeing lots of cracking(from either spraying enamel over laquer or lquer over uncured laquer) and some crappy sponge applied rust. The guy didn't even take the time to take apart the blade grips and remove the blades(he painted them tan). I just don't think the quality is there...well unless your a tanker:rolleyes: No realism in the paint or weathring techniques used.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If he was gonna go with that color he should have just gone whole-hog and did an IDF bird.

Man, those M261s are fugly. Bbi messed them up but good.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
TBH it looks like shit. The paint is fucked up, I'm seeing lots of cracking(from either spraying enamel over laquer or lquer over uncured laquer) and some crappy sponge applied rust. The guy didn't even take the time to take apart the blade grips and remove the blades(he painted them tan). I just don't think the quality is there...well unless your a tanker:rolleyes: No realism in the paint or weathring techniques used.

The paint can be fixed easy. I'm not a fan of the paint work but the fact that he busted up that bird it the nice part. I know I wouldn't be doing that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The paint can be fixed easy. I'm not a fan of the paint work but the fact that he busted up that bird it the nice part. I know I wouldn't be doing that.

He could have at least did some research on what a helicopter looks like when it's struck by an RPG and smashes into the ground.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
what are you guys looking at? that link takes me to a desert tan apache?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well maybe not a bird hit by a RPG but for a downed chopper it would work out. Just needs some bullet holes and a busted windshield.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
He could have at least did some research on what a helicopter looks like when it's struck by an RPG and smashes into the ground.

And oddly enough the guy roughed up the tires but didn't even make them flat:rolleyes: I think I'm gonna make a destroyed blackhawk now though:cool:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well maybe not a bird hit by a RPG but for a downed chopper it would work out. Just needs some bullet holes and a busted windshield.

Yes, if you want a plastic helicopter that was shot down dio.;)

Quit taking up for him, you're sounding like an HTer. :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I was just looking at the glass half full. :D

You're right. It looks like a blend of mucus and diarrhea.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yay!

I dunno, I just think of you're gonna use an expensive toy to do a wreck dio that you should do due diligence on researching how it should look.

Ah, well, gives me a use for the Super Cobra.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Yay!

I dunno, I just think of you're gonna use an expensive toy to do a wreck dio that you should do due diligence on researching how it should look.

Ah, well, gives me a use for the Super Cobra.

Since when was the PTE blackhawk expensive? $13 on Jcpenny.com

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You know, I was thinking that didn't look like a Bbi one, and it sure sounded like he used one.

In that case the helicopter got the custom it deserved.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
The highlighted front window frames in black were worth 50 bucks alone! Wouldn't you agree? All he had to do was take a lighter and do a contolled burn as to how much damage he wanted to inflict or just get a ladder and drop it; break one of the wheels and shatter a few blades. SHEESH!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
When I get the new bbi bird I plan on doing a downed pte rescue dio. Maybe a colision with my Little bird (that comes apart into enough pieces)

Maybe drive over the blackhawk to colapse it like it seems to do in these pics from impact. Either that or flip it upside down and slam it with a cinderblock. Get some good scratches on there, some controled burning and rub it up with a charcoal briquete and finally throw some fine dirty sand on it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
To the skilled modeler nothing is imposible.

By the time you were done you might want to give yourself a shotgun facial, but it is doable.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
That really wouldn't be difficult. If you tried to make it 100% original guts of a blackahwk it would be near impossible, but if just went with "it looks about like this" it would be fairly simple.