Deadpool [2016]

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Ryan Reynolds says he wants to be as close to the source as possible.
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-movie-ryan-reynolds/

Test Footage from SDCC
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CphFZGH5030[/ame]

After X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine soured the X-Men movie brand with back-to-back critically panned franchise installments, the series needed a refresh. Twentieth Century Fox and its X-Men producers practically pretended that the first Wolverine spinoff didn’t even exist and quasi-rebooted the timeline with the period piece X-Men: First Class, introducing an entirely new cast. Using time-travel in the First Class sequel and bringing back original director Bryan Singer, the X-Men came back in a big, positive and financially record-breaking way with X-Men: Days of Future Past in 2014, a film that bridged together all the best of what came before and helped the creative team pick and choose what elements they wish to carry forward.

Now, the brand is back in a good place and a sequel, X-Men: Apocalypse, was given the greenlight and a release date before its predecessor even opened in theaters. According to Bryan Singer, Fox is taking the property “seriouslyâ€￾ and bringing in the right people (i.e. Simon Kinberg and comics guru Mark Millar getting long-term contracts) to mine the massive X-Men comics universe for bigger ideas and larger stories. That means Marvel movies from Fox every year going forward.

In 2015, the focus from the studio is on rebooting the Fantastic Four before its producer and co-writer Simon Kinberg gets back to work on X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016. But after a pair of surprise, seemingly fan-driven announcements, also coming in 2016 are two highly anticipated spinoff films Deadpool and Gambit. Both characters appeared in the Wolverine origins movie – the one we’re all ignoring – and so both mutants are getting a reboot as well.

Ryan Reynolds played Wade Wilson aka Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and while his performance and stunts playing the infamous “Merc with a Mouthâ€￾ were spot on, the character was woefully misused and poorly adapted. The same can be said for Gambit, the “Ragin’ Cajunâ€￾ who inexplicably wasn’t at all Cajun in the film. Taylor Kitsch played Gambit that time and is being replaced by Channing Tatum the next time the character hits the screen.

Deadpool Movie Ryan Reynolds Star Confirmed Ryan Reynolds Talks Loyalty To Deadpool Canon

Now that Deadpool is in active development and has a release date to go alongside its highly praised script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, and its talented director in special effects guru Tim Miller, Reynolds is finally able to talk more openly about suiting up in the mercenary duds and re-joining the X-Men movie universe. Chatting with Collider, Reynolds explained that at the moment – with production beginning as early as March – they’re intensely running tests to figure out the best way to bring Deadpool to life in his own live-action films.

“Tests. Lots of tests. Lots and lots of tests. That’s about all I can say about that.â€￾

And speaking on Tim Miller, who shot and constructed the amazing Deadpool test footage several years ago that leaked online last summer just before the film got the official greenlight (read: not a coincidence), Reynolds has nothing but high praise.

“[He's] always been the right guy. He’s always, you know, shown nothing but a fierce loyalty to the canon of Deadpool and that’s the thing you look for first and foremost, a guy that is always wanting to push a little bit farther. And the advantage of doing a movie like this on a budget that is significantly less than any other kind of superhero movie is that you get to do things that you don’t get to do on other superhero movies so that’s what we’re most excited about.â€￾

If the “fierce loyalty to the canonâ€￾ statement combined with what was depicted in the test footage doesn’t sell Deadpool fans on the driving force behind the character’s first solo outing in movie theaters, nothing will. As we’ve talked about on the site and on the SR Underground podcast, Fox doesn’t need to give Deadpool a massive, blockbuster budget to make it successful and Reynolds says as much here. In a separate interview last week, Reynolds reiterated that sentiment, explaining that with the smaller budget, Miller has much more creative freedom and that’s what Deadpool – a character who uniquely breaks the fourth wall and talks directly to the audience – arguably needs more than any other Marvel character.

As for whether or not Deadpool with its lower budget can be rated R, Reynolds says he doesn’t know but that they hope.
Source - ScreenRant

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm sooooooo glad RR got to keep the part. I was really afraid with the long in development that he'd get replaced by some new younger hunk.

Even better is his passion for the character and desire to create the movie the way it should be - R.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean

I just like this picture. I'm glad that Reynolds is getting the chance to play and I feel he's a natural fit for the character. I'm hoping that this will be true to the comic and Deadpool movie will be an off beat comedy and he breaks the fourth wall with a lot of inside jokes. If properly done, this shit could be classic.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nick Cage wanted to be Ghost Rider and look how that turned out. ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've watched a few of the movies she been the star of and she does indeed kick a$$! She's hot, tall, built, sexy, beautiful and an awesome fighter. Not an award winning actress, but not terrible either.

Needlesstosay, I'm a fan. :)

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I know to each their own...but I don't think a costume is considered a spoiler.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now that's how you do a comic book costume! Make it look exactly like the comics! I'm guessing this is a CGI render, but it's what the suit will look like.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Now that's how you do a comic book costume! Make it look exactly like the comics! I'm guessing this is a CGI render, but it's what the suit will look like.

Then we find out the Reynolds was actually wearing the suit in that pic. LOL

I REALLY can't wait to see this. I know it's going to be AWESOME!!!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, my hopes are pretty high for this one, which kinda scares me. But it seems like the people (RR) making this movie really do want to just make an awesome movie more than anything. It feels like they really are trying to service DP fans.

Maybe RR is desperate not to be in another GL type flop.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
:lmao::lmao: Reynolds was a fool for that one.:lmao::lmao: It's obvious that Reynolds ACTUALLY did his research and READ the source material, and he realized how cool of a character that Deadpool can be.

Also, I think that this a subtle way of letting the fandom know that the makers of this film aren't going to do some 'ole random :wtf:" shit. This tweet is also letting me know that this movie is going to be the dark comedy that it's suppose to be. My question is will Deadpool break the Fourth Wall?

If you've seen Ryan Reynolds in interviews he has deadpan nonchalant sense of humor, so for him to be playing Deadpool, (in my opinion,) he's only playing a caricature of himself.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm betting the movie will be exactly like the game, or at least I'm hoping.

But yeah, this pic is letting everyone know that this isn't gonna be some stupid Hollywood reimagining. That teaser vid did the same thing months ago.

I thought RR was perfect for the role when he was attached long ago. Van Wilder is just a slightly cleaned up DP. I'm just glad that it's all actually happening now and that he's still on board.

As for RR as GL, or Hal Jordan more specifically, he was perfect for that smarmy character too. The movie just wasn't good enough. And like with Brandon Routh, that wasn't RR's fault. Though GL wasn't perfect, it set up a sequel so perfectly, and ended awesomely with Sinestro. I was very much looking forward to it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My man crush on him grows stronger.

Boobs, swearing and blood, lots of it. Can't have that AND be made for kids.

Stupid merchandising screwing with movies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some properties don't make any fucking sense getting watered-down to PG-13.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So glad they plan to CGI him in some expressive white eyes! Seriously, I am. It's a good example of a place where it's necessary.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm having trouble comprehending how 21st Century Fox made a Marvel movie that doesn't suck. I need someone to pinch me to ensure I'm awake.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Deadpool = Snake Eyes if he could talk.

Don't care much about the character, but I will never forgive him for making me watch the Fantastic 4 trailer just to see his stupid promo. :)

Snake Eyes strikes me as a stick-in-the-mud. Far too stoic for his own good. But nice attempt to make Snake Eyes cooler than he is. :trollface:

Anyone got an extra Marvel Universe Deadpool figure?

Make one out of those damn Marauder figures, or wait for the X-Men costume version that's on the way.