Deadpool

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
...well...DeadpoolS

I have a love hate relationship with the Wolverine Origins Deadpool figure. I love that they made everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth, but hate that there is so much wrong with the base figure.

This is my first Wade Wilson custom.

The first thing I did was get rid of that god awful web gear. I know, it's his transporter thingy. I don't care. It looks awful on him. I replaced it with the sash/sheath that came with Rahm Kota from the Star Wars line. After that I modded his holster to hold a different, decent looking handgun. I gave him a little paint, some different weapons, and then thought...how about an unmasked version? I looked at about three different figures before I landed on the ROTS Crispy Anakin figure. I modded the head, giving it more damage, and some paint, and I was happy.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
This was a commission I did for a guy...that never went through.

The guy liked the web gear, so I left it, but I modded it a bit. I lowered it in the front so it sat on his shoulders better. I gave him a nice paint job to the guys specs, modded the holster (again) and gave him a couple of non-bendy swords and new sheaths.

I showed the guy final pics, he loved them, and I never heard from him again.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
This last Deadpool was done for a friend of mine on Banthaskull.com (check the place out if you haven't...). He asked me what weapons he should give his Deadpool figure. I started rattling off a few things...then told him, "look, I'll just make you a GOOD figure, ok?"

This was my favorite Deadpool custom to date, and I still have one more base Deadpool figure to work with...

Oh, and he loved this figure.

I did a lot more to this one than I did to any other. I gave him an all new web gear, Cobra Stinger Driver. I swapped out his hands and feet. Did my holster work. Dry brushed him. And the coup de gras of the entire piece, I modded his eye so he had the standard Deadpool look.

So, that's it.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I think I wish I had picked it up when I saw it instead of thinking "I'll come back for it".

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I love that web gear.

Have any I can have? I know a guy that'll do anything...