Do Dreadnoks exist in your Joeverse?

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
Just curious to know if anyone excludes these from their Joeverse. A couple of them have decent head sculpts, like Road Pig, where, if his hair and eyebrows were painted brown or black, pop his head on a Joe body and he'd make a pretty decent Green Shirt, Pit Commando or Pit Trooper. Storm Rider's another one with a decent head sculpt; just paint his hair a different color. Gnaw looks a little too crazy to be a Joe, as do a few others.

I don't follow the Joeverse to a tee, so I'm straddling the fence as to whether or not to get rid of my Dreadnoks.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I love the Dreadnoks. Total part of my Joe verse. In my verse they are more like the bikers they look to be and not the pussies they are portrayed as. Zartan is like my Chains Cooper (Stone Cold 1991) and the rest of course is his gang.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2asCC9WRFM[/ame]

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think they're a bunch of disorganized grab-asses playing stooge to a high-functioning schizophrenic with a skin condition, and unless they were something like SAS to a man, a FORECON team would have skull-fucked the lot of them, much less a Joe Team detachment.

Others take them more seriously than the bunch of pillow bighting, chocolate donuts-and-grape soda-consuming morons they actually are.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I can see where they were modeled after the Hell's Angels and a few other Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs (OMC), which are classified as an Organized Criminal Enterprise by, among others, the FBI, INTERPOL and MI-5/6. Those guys don't really play around when it comes to drug trafficking, prostitution and other criminal activity, especially the violent kind. And they have chapters in multiple countries- Australia, GB and Canada, just to point out a few.

I have to agree with KT's assessment of the 'noks though- they were always used as a sad parody of the HAMC- they could have been truly bad-ass bad-guys, but instead came off as gimicky leather-clad morons.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The 'toon Noks are dumb.

In a real life situation though, I can see Cobra hiring a 1% MC to do some of it's dirty work...but they would have to be wary of them flipping to whomever was paying them higher at the time.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
My noks look like this...

not this:

;)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Watch Sons of Anarchy and then imagine them going up against unit under JSOC.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Old thread, I know, but the Dreadnoks have always been a favorite of mine, up until Zartan's douche 80s commercial punk siblings came into play (although in my punk days of the 80s, I dated a chick named Critter that was very much the doppelgänger for Zarana). Zartan is a great character idea, but always disappointed me his execution... Even as a kid he was more serial killer than serial pansy. Anyway, I love the Noks MC, and they'll always be in that 1% role of that universe, for me.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I don't know their backstory but they do have pretty nice looking figures from a few years back. I don't really have separate "Verses" for any of my figures and just combine them all together for a giant CF-verse. On a related note I was just adding these to the Archive yesterday and was thinking about picking them up from BBTS.

There are some other good post-apocalyptic type figures I would add in with these guy's street gang.

MU - Storm Secret Wars comic pack

There were also some $Tree figures called S.T.O.P vs S.C.U.M. that would kinda fit it if they weren't crappy 1$ figures.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Dreadnoks exsist in my Joeverse but they arent affiliated with anyone. They are just criminals on the run from the police and SHIELD.